Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Third Eye Overload
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rjr

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

So I've been meditating for a decade now. The last two years I deepened my practice, averaging a couple of hours a day. I actually started meditation for stress relief, but eventually, through multiple experiences, I realized meditation is my gateway to truth, so I started taking my practice seriously. Meditation wise, I simply focus on the breath, and if I were to focus on a chakra, it's the heart.

Recently, as I meditate, I feel the energy around my third eye increasing, increasing to a stage where I almost feel I might pass out. If I dont lay down and pass out, I go into a tricky state of trance, Im unconscious, but not totally unconscious. Feeling wise, I feel nothing, no bliss etc ...

I don't know what to make of it this, and it's uncomfortable at times. Also, a friend said this might be dangerous. Usually Im intuitive and I solve such issues on my own. So when this started happening, and it became too intense, I stopped, for 3 weeks. Those 3 weeks were not very pleasant, I missed my practice.

Now I'm back, and I'm still burning up.

Anyone know whats happening ? tips ? should I be worried ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you reply, thanks again, I appreciate it.

Edited by - rjr on Jan 31 2018 10:05:30 AM

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  11:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of hours a day is a lot of meditating (AYP DM is twenty minutes, twice daily). Chances are you are purifying the third eye and overdoing it; passing out is not a good sign. Whenever this sensation appears I would end your session and rest; over time you might acclimate to this purification so that you can inch further forward. Tread carefully, never soldier through it; respect the power of your practice.
Go to Top of Page

rjr

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  6:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's 2 hours down from 4.

You're right, and your words stuck with me, I shall "tread carefully".

Funny I never thought too much meditation could be dangerous.

Thanks Dogboy.

Im wondering, anyone else here ever experience negative side effects due to too much meditation ?

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  10:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rjr, read this chapter in the free AYP lessons (https://www.aypsite.org/38.html) it deals with the concept of "self pacing", or 'keeping the train on the track'. It might serve you well to browse all the lessons from the start; there is a lot of information on what you might experience in a meditation practice, and how to handle whatever bubbles forth. AYP is powerful and efficient, which is why 20 minutes x 2 is the top end of practice length.
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  09:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I read recently this lesson, about burning :

https://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Go to Top of Page

rjr

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  5:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000