AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Strong Pulling force
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  9:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering how do you guys deal with that strong pulling force on the right side of the body........enough to turn your body......in a flash( this occurred in front of the podium I was teaching a module)I excused myself and said a prayer........

I experience this so manytimes before but strangely it is rather strong now.....my entire body moves (before I thought it was the chair)

My right hand becomes magnetized and gets stiff yet i can still bend my fingers.........I am okay with this one

but the great pulling .......is there something I am missing?

Or is it something it is trying to tell me??????

Is there some yoga technique I am supposed to be doing?

please guide me

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  11:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are supposed to be grounding, as well as cutting down on practices, when yoga is strong enough to interrupt your daily life.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  07:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neesha,
I don't have much experience of this, so I can't help much. Just thought I'd mention that Krishnamurti often talked about this force in his diaries. He said it always came from the right side. His descriptions of it are very beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  09:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You turn your body intentionally, so in the case the body is moving itself through the mechanics of the body as well, you have just displaced your conscious intention to the witness perspective.

There are just tons and tons of automatic movements, which I think are obviously normal. Pain is a signal worth paying heed to, though. But hey, even then we sometimes know we are purifying the body.

Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

You are supposed to be grounding, as well as cutting down on practices, when yoga is strong enough to interrupt your daily life.

My Dear Scott,

I have not been jaaping the required amount ad neither meditation.....I was just too busy.........

It seems as though to me I need to be consistent and regular in my stuff ...........basically that's what I am getting

but thanks for the advice though........even though these things are beautiful I am not euthusiatic about the whole thing I just try to do what I can do.......

Whether I progress or not is not really a concern ......

Christi,

It seems as though this is same force that can levitate your body......just a quick guess...

because I have looked at my body sliding moving magically......and feeling it to but my physical body is still......

thanks Christi for the info I feel comfortable knowing that someone else experienced this......

maybe I should add also
my hair is also moving around on its own it has been doing that for all my life now .........however

it is moving more than ever

I feel a very sick person is coming to the ashram today...so I am probably powering up or something.......

hey christi I would like the link to the diaries you are talking about.......if possible
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  09:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Pain is a signal worth paying heed to, though. But hey, even then we sometimes know we are purifying the body.

What pain?????

There isn't any pain........okay thanks though your explanations make sense
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  10:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neesha
quote:
Neesha wrote:
maybe I should add also
my hair is also moving around on its own it has been doing that for all my life now .........however

it is moving more than ever

I have been feeling my hair moving for a couple of years now, on and off during the day. But when I look in the mirror, nothing is actually moving. Does your hair actually move?
quote:
Neesha wrote:
hey christi I would like the link to the diaries you are talking about.......if possible

They are called Krishnamurti's notebooks.. I think there are three. They are published books. I don't know if you have heard of him, he is quite famous now. Born in India, he died a while ago. A really amazing man. Unfortunately he is one of those who became enlightened pretty much just by beleiving he was, and then his body- mind seemed to make the necessary adjustments and there he was... enlightened! I say unfortunately because, although I believe this to be quite a valid spiritual practice, I think you need to be a very long way down the road already for it to work, and it doesn't seem to work for many. He spent most of his life trying to help other people to do what he did. He has actually spoken (in public meetings which were always free) to more people than anyone else who has ever lived (quite a world record!). The records of his talks make for very beautiful reading. I don't have any link- as in an internet one. You could try typing "J J Krishnamurti notebooks" into Google.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  11:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote
I have been feeling my hair moving for a couple of years now, on and off during the day. But when I look in the mirror, nothing is actually moving. Does your hair actually move?
[/quote]

YES....not all the time you can see it......but most times with me I feel it and see it

the first time it stood up on its own .....I was scared

I covered up all the mirrors in my room so I wouldn't bother too much about it.....

it moves in groups.....more like slowly slithering around my neck

that's how I feel lord shiva snake(well this is kundalini)

At some point in time I started to research it to make sure it was okay for this to be happening.........my guru also gave discourses on the same subject he and smiled when I told him the first time....

He's usually cool about everything.....so am okay to a certain extent about all of this....cause my guru had long hair all the way past his knees at some point in time....

Anyway I did a search for temples in India I came across a religiuos guy blog site

gosh he documented his entire religious experience with pics of temples and so forth.....it was beautiful

In one of his blog.....he mentioned going to a temple and seeing a middle aged woman in front of one the murti.....and her hair was raving magically all around her .........and he was wondering why the woman was doing that....little did he know.....it was not her but the energies....

To be honest with you its kinda cool I remember the first time I placed mirrors on my desk so that I can see it move and yes it did

now I don't have to do that my hair always wants to be wild and not covered up.....they always move in the blink of an eye(as if time did not exist)to either in a group on my left side or right just like Sri Sarada Devi

I always wear my hair loose ........whatever I put to hold it up is a matter of minutes before it comes tumbling down

OUr hair allows us to absorb energy ........I can't remember the exact term they use.....

Ever since I notice this I started observing the shakti persons in the temple....and yes it was the same.........

I also heard from my Dad's friend who's a devout hindu and singer
said on many occasions he witnessed young girls in trances where you actually see their hair part....as if something was playing with their hair......

it was my brother who told me my hair standing out.....now I have to use hair polish to keep them down......

Its the energies you know.......its so strong........
how do I know

When I lie down on the pillow I feel this energy so strong it moves my hair it makes serious impressions ..like quick bunching up

my own blanket refuses to stay on my body......a few months now my blanket lifts itself up and always "ALWAYS" make a formation of a cobra snake........

of course I am going through another stage.....and don't take it on
as I said before the spiritual pathway is filled with alot of stuff.......

I always notice the "perfect" geometrical impressions on the bed when I lie down those straight lines and the waves........

its a good way to tell how many chakras have been activated and how far along you are(well to me that is)

You know at no point in time I ever feel I am doing too much yoga or devotion

but TOO LESS devotion.......

But thanks for the support of the hair thing though.....I really appreciate you sharing that and all.

Namaste

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  1:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neesha,
quote:
YES....not all the time you can see it......but most times with me I feel it and see it

the first time it stood up on its own .....I was scared

I covered up all the mirrors in my room so I wouldn't bother too much about it.....

it moves in groups.....more like slowly slithering around my neck

that's how I feel lord shiva snake(well this is kundalini)

At some point in time I started to research it to make sure it was okay for this to be happening.........my guru also gave discourses on the same subject he and smiled when I told him the first time....

He's usually cool about everything.....so am okay to a certain extent about all of this....cause my guru had long hair all the way past his knees at some point in time....

Anyway I did a search for temples in India I came across a religiuos guy blog site

gosh he documented his entire religious experience with pics of temples and so forth.....it was beautiful

In one of his blog.....he mentioned going to a temple and seeing a middle aged woman in front of one the murti.....and her hair was raving magically all around her .........and he was wondering why the woman was doing that....little did he know.....it was not her but the energies....

To be honest with you its kinda cool I remember the first time I placed mirrors on my desk so that I can see it move and yes it did

Hey guess what? You'll never guess. My hair has started moving.
It doesn't move much, and only in front of my ajna chakra or over my crown chakra, but enough to be able to say "Hey, that is just weird".
It moves more when my chakras are activated, especially after practices. I was a bit weirded out at first too, and then I remembered your post. I think my hair would have moved before now, when I felt it moving, but it simply wasn't long enough to catch the prana currents.
Christi.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  2:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny you said this Christi.. I have been feeling my hair move too.. over my crown.. and thought about you Neesha... The first time it happened.. I actually ran my hand over my hair to flatten it I am sure its just the nerves there that gives a tingling sensation.. I don't think the hair really moves.. or does it?
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  1:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
I don't think the hair really moves.. or does it?

yes it does.........

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  3:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's perhaps the reason why buddhist munks shave their heads...
Go to Top of Page

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  4:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha...i'm a woman and I shave my head...I wonder, next time someone inquires about why I do this...if I give the above as my reason.....boy, that would really give them pause! from now on when someone hassles me about my hair...I'm going to be smiling....
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  4:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by blujett8

Haha...i'm a woman and I shave my head...I wonder, next time

Personally I've always wanted to do the same I don't blame you.......

and plus your preference of how you do things is no one else business.....
In addition I am proud of you.......I really find it cool and now it seems worthwhile

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  02:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I shaved my hair a few months ago. It was the best thing I've ever done. Just to see how much identity I had put in my hair. It turned out it wasn't so much as I had expected. On the other hand, the man I dated put a lot into a woman's hair, and when I shaved it off, he did not find me attractive any longer. That was also a reaction from many other men around me, at work etc. They totally stopped flirting with me. I felt such relief.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000