Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 True internal sound OM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nostalgico

Poland
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  03:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am sorry to keep asking you, but I have doubts and only here I can get help from you, for which I thank you very much.

They write differently. whether the real inner sound of OM is the sound of the flute or the sound of a waterfall. I hear such a fairly strong buzz (maybe it is the noise of flowing blood in the artery) I do not know if this could be the sound of water? this my sound often turns into a squeak.

Thank you.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  04:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nostalgico,

There are more then one inner sounds, called nada. Sounds of flute, crickets, bells etc. The sounds are a sign of purification of the nadis. Some traditions use them as objects for meditation. In AYP we do not use the sounds as an object voor meditation because we can not rely on them as much as we can on the mantra used in deep meditation. In this lesson Yogani explains.

Do you have a meditation practice ?

Go to Top of Page

Nostalgico

Poland
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  05:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My practice: 2 years in Kriya Yoga.
Could you explain to me the "Nada Brahma" technique? or I am asking for a link, I can not find a good one.

THX !
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nostalgico,

Nada Brahma is an ancient Tibetan humming meditation. If you Google on Nada Brahma Osho you will find it. It's a meditation of one hour, and you will be surrounded with the sound of bells and bowls.

If you are looking for a safe and steady spiritual journey, best is to follow one system of practices with meditation as the most important. AYP provides a free complete open source system with deep meditation (mantra).

If you are interested in AYP (Advanced Yoga Practices) you can have a read in the free lessons. Starting here

Best wishes

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 04 2018 09:12:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  10:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nostalgico,

Charliedog has given you some good advice already.

Humming is also sometimes referred to as Brahmari, or the "bee sound". In AYP practice it is sometimes used as an advanced level addition to Spinal Breathing Pranayama.

It is described in the AYP Plus site here:

Addition 229.1 - Brahmari (Bee Sound) Pranayama

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  11:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! Somehow Brahmari had slipped under my radar. Now I'm definitely going to have to experiment with that. Thanks, Christi!
Go to Top of Page

Nostalgico

Poland
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  2:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, I'm getting reading.

Tnx.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000