Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 anybody?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Magne

Norway
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  12:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Magne's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone!
Just want to know if anybody has read this book?
If so, please give me your opinion..
www.kriyayogainfo.net
By the way, I am a Kriyaban..
IDF
Magne

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  2:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the process of giving it a read...I like it.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  3:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read that book recently. I enjoyed reading it. The man's passion about his path and wanting to share his research is obvious. I think he has done a great service to those who are looking for all of the available techniques originally prescribed by the great yogiraj, Lahiri Mahasay.

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Magne

Norway
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  10:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magne's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alan
Have you practiced any of it?
Any other opinion?
IDF
Magne
Go to Top of Page

Magne

Norway
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  10:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Magne's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Scott, did not see your reply.
What's your background?
Mine is through SRF, but I don't limit myself when it comes to my reading
Please tell me what you think when you have read the book..
IDF
Magne
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  12:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Magne,

My background is this:
"Who am I?" Meditation for about a year when I began the search. Experienced little samadhis.
Kriya Yoga "Percieving the Light" (meditating on the chakras...that one is actually described in this book we're discussing here)...this brought on great health for me.
"Death Yoga" (something I kind of invented myself, and had a deep deep experience with, and later came to find that it is in the Zen tradition, as Shikantaza)
And now AYP. I explore other practices. I almost was initiated by a guru once, and then I found the guru situation to be something which I didn't really desire.

So AYP is my main practice. I think it's great. It makes me so happy to know it and to be practicing it.

I have read the first two parts of the book. He has a great story, and a thirst for truth and knowledge similar to my own. I don't mind his bitterness against SRF, even though there is a lot of it in that part of the book. It seems to be because of good reasons, and I agree with him that information shouldn't be withheld from the willing. It was a great story.

I read the second part on the techniques themselves, and I didn't really understand the higher kriyas. I didn't read them too much, just kind of skimmed it and went on. I guess one would need to be quite advanced in the preliminary techniques to know the subtle forces, so that the higher kriyas could work. Even then, they seem to be out of reach, to me at least.

If I find more to discuss in the parts I haven't read yet I will get back to you.
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  05:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Magne

I read this ebook i can say that he is blessed and wonderful soul like Yogani contributing their profitless service to human kind.

I think normal peoples will not able to do such service because one needs determination, dedication and should have reached greatest heights in their Yoga practice.

Kumar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000