AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Losing drive. How to inspire oneself? please help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ventilator

15 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  09:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit ventilator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends,

These days am finding I am losing my drive to meditate, losing interest in getting realization. Earlier I always used to give my meditation the first priority - it's the first thing I used to do in the morning, before eating or doing anything else.

These days I keep it off for every small things -- when i feel hungry, when i feel lazy, when i feel sleepy. And even my brahmacharya is also at risk, I am doing it almost every other day, sometimes twice or thrice per day.

I feel I am losing interest. I really need to pull myself back and get it going. After being given all this wonderful knowledge if I waste it, I will never get a chance again.

How to inspire oneself? Please give me suggestions

Thanks,
Ventilator

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  09:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ventilator - (love the name!)

Losing drive can happen with anything, not just meditation. And there is always more time; you will never run out and it is not a race. That said, it is prudent to use your time and opportunities wisely. You already recognize an area that needs work and you have the materials to begin [techniques, desire, ability to breathe]. I notice many folks here speaking of "self-pacing". I guess I would recommend the same or similar thing in a different way: Take a few days off then start out with 5 minutes, then 10, then . . . . you get the idea. If you blow it, then go jump off a bridge and give up! (Just kidding). If you blow it, start over again and again until you get it. Let your desire propel you. Good Luck.

Best wishes,

comdyne
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ventilator,
What you are going through is just a phase.. I have gone through it.. and so have many others here. So don't let this get you down.

How long do you meditate, and what is your routine?
If you are feeling lazy and sleepy.. it could be a purification phase.. or may just be the fact that you are not resting enough after your routine... may also be, you need to cut back a little.

However, no matter how much you "don't feel like it".. just keep up at least 10 min of meditation and 5 min of spinal breathing.. don't stop it completely.. Like I said.. it is a phase and it will go away..
Hope you get over this phase soon...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000