New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
great to hear your voice Yogani! you sound so...so...normal! Happy to see you getting the AYP word out on the radio!!!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fun interview. I agree with David that you sounded young, Yogani. And I must agree with Victor that you sounded normal.

I used Richard's suggestion for the opd2d program and I recorded the whole thing, but the file isn't working for some reason. Hopefully someone else recorded it as well.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani. That was very nice.. you do talk just like you write.. I was speechless.. could not think of one question to ask you.. he he.. funny esp. when you know I have millions of questions for you all the time.. I will be waiting for the next interview. Great job.. Thank you again.
You sound so young..

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 12 2006 8:08:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Locrian

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Locrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was great!
I hope you will be able to post a recording of it (I was only able to catch the tail end).

wonderful job

and so nice to hear your voice!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was great to hear you Yogani congratulations it was a great interview I managed to find a way into it and record all the second half

Richard

Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AHHHH! I missed it...

If anyone recorded it and can post a link to it.... Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good interview yogani. I too didn't know what to ask but managed some stupid question just to speak with you.

Is Virtuesproject linked to AYP someway?

-Near
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a wonderful listen!

For those who missed part or all of the broadcast, I am hoping to have the recording available for download or streaming by tomorrow.

Namaste,
Brett
Go to Top of Page

chitta_vritti_nirodhah

3 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit chitta_vritti_nirodhah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I managed to catch the last 25 mins, loved it. ( So much I made an ID for this board today :) )

Jai Shri Shakti
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was great to hear you on the air Yogani!

I look forward to the next show. Unfortunately I was only able to record the last third or so, but I'm very glad that Brett could get it all.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  11:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How fun it was to hear the interview. Thank you.

Near, that was you on the radio right?

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  11:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was kickin'! Great job Yogani!

It turns out our fearless leader is younger and sexier than I had supposed. I can understand why Mrs. Yogani doesn't let him out on the guru circuit!

I was wondering if the radio station was going to blow up or something crazy like in the book... fortunately the electronics were able to handle the voltage!

Thanks Yogani for doing the interview... Your being a normal guy really helps make these once hidden, esoteric practices feel like a very normal and natural aspect of modern life.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  11:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Near-- It was great to hear from you too!

Brett-- Thanks for recording it!

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  12:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, it's wonderful hearing your voice. I'm still listening to it right now, and I'm enjoying the interview very much. You have a warmth in your voice that is endearing.

Brett (trip1) posted a link in the AYP Helpers forum to a recording of the show. Here's the link:

http://beautifulskies.net/AYPtest/m...ypaudio.html

Congratulations, Yogani! I hope you do more interviews in the near future

Thanks, Brett, for recording the show and hosting it in a timely manner. If it weren't for you, I'd have only heard the last 6 minutes or so
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  01:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link Brett and Cosmic Troll
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  03:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

I just spoke with the radio interviewer (4:30 pm here) and he informed me that the radio show will be at 7 pm, not 8 pm tonight. It will still be a one hour show. He was very apologetic.

So we will proceed accordingly.

Those who are recording, please adjust your times to be an hour sooner, so we can be sure to have something for the many who will likely tune in an hour late.

The guru is in you.

Hello & Namaste All!

This is *really* cool (news about the radio interview) -- I've had a very busy week, and missed this whole thread. Does someone have the digital file? And/or is it available for download / listening from the radio station site? (Yes, I can check .... but thought I'd ask ...)

ALSO:

This brings to light a very interesting dynamic / topic I've been meaning to bring up to the Forum (specifically Yogani) --

Web 2.0 technologies could *really* help to promote AYP and its message (and yes, I'm planning to put my virtual money where my virtual mouth is, and do some of this myself --- exact timing and form unknown at this stage).

Main Item #1 ------ PODCASTING.

Guys (gender-neutral slang for "y'all" where I come from ... and meaning: all AYPers -- again "mostly Yogani" -- but this applies to all of us who might care to "dive in", the same way we dive into posting, here in the Forum).

Podcasting is SO easy!

I bought a $39 digital recorder - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...20/ref=nosim
-- which does everything needed to create an audio podcast (audio segment that can be posted to the Web).

It has about 45 mins. high-quality recording time, or 2 hours medium quality, and comes with software, a microphone, and a usb cable.

Once your audio segment is on your computer, uploading is a snap - there are many options (if anyone wants or needs specific pointers, please ask -- but most of what I know, I learned via <1 hour worth of creative Googling .... ).

Point of all this being: the radio thingy is great news, and truly very exciting .... but just as advanced yoga practices are no longer held back from the people of the world by secretive and/or culturally myopic organizations, publishing of anything -- any content -- from blogs, to forum posts --- to audio and video segments (both of which fall under the general header of "podcast") --- has also been "democratized", and is no longer under anyone's central control.

Any one of us can be in the broadcast (audio) business for less than usd $50, and in the video broadcast business for less than usd $100 .

And if you want to "spruce up" (have a little intro segment, etc.) and otherwise edit your audio clip, Audacity software is open source, free, and easy to use (as all good open source technology should be, of course! ) - just Google "Audacity".

So, just as a little "FYI" (For Your Information) to All -- audio broadcasting is very low-cost, you can reach a global audience, and you can promote anything you care to (AYP, or anything else).

Personally, I just clip the microphone (which comes with the recorder I bought, as I mentioned) to my shirt, jacket or the thin metal on the side of the (otherwise unused) ashtray in my car .... and just start blabbing.

(Really .... honest ... no kidding ......... ).

On the off chance that I ever want to play / chant along with / otherwise comment on ... I dunno ..... kirtan or something .... it's "tres easy" with the above-mentioned set-up ) --- total set-up time is <10 seconds (take Olympus thingy out of pocket, clip microphone to desired object, hit "record" - blab away).

The default file type is MP3 (standard web audio format) - so if I don't want to get fancy in any way, as soon as I hit "stop" on the recorder -- that audio segment is ready for broadcast to the world - the only other task is to plug the recorder in my computer at home, and transfer the file from the recorder to the computer -- then, it's ready for upload to any site / service that will have me ....

(And nothing is in "final form" yet -- I'm still kind of honing my chops; but it's fun --- and a seemingly decent use for all those vrittis kicking around between these ears ....).

So, just a little "heads up" as we say here in Silicon Valley - for anyone who is reading this, who might want to take their "broadcast destiny" into their own hands ....!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  03:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"PS" -- Hadn't noticed that this thread rolled to 2 pages ... so hadn't seen the link -- got it -- gonna listen now!

Thanks VERY much to Trip1 & Cosmic Troll for making the segment, and the link available!

Jai Yogani Interview!

Namaste & Aum Shanti,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  04:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wohooo! Great to hear your voice, Yogani! Great interview and thousands of thanks for the LINK, so I can listen to it.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  05:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

I was not able to tune in.....alas

Please let me know as soon as the interview is available through other channels
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  07:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani

Congratulations ! for your wonderful speech

I really enjoyed and got inspired with your words

here they are:

"The whole is much better than the part"

"Total spiritual transformation (QUICKLY and SAFELY)"

some of your pronounciations i liked:

samyama, pranayama, kundalini its totally different from what we pronounce, but i enjoyed the way you pronounced it

number of hits per day: on an average 25,000 (this site is really moving peoples)

I have a question for you:

as everyone said you are very normal and thats true. and you said you have a family with 3 kids. how do you find balance between your life and AYP. i don't know if iam wrong, excess AY practice won't dettach you from physical world?

Thanx
Kumar
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Thanks much for your support and feedback. That was fun last night!

For those who missed the interview, a test version is up already here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1706
Thanks Trip!

If all goes well, it should be accessible on the AYP homepage soon.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  11:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I captured those 5 parts as MP3-files, the file sizes are:
Part1 = 13.8 MByte
Part2 = 11.4 MByte
Part3 = 9.9 MByte
Part4 = 7.9 MByte
Part5 = 8.1 MByte

Are these acceptable sizes ?
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  12:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really impressed Yogani, thanks very much.

I found your voice very easy to listen to and your delivery and clarity similar to your writings.
If you get time in your busy schedule would you consider making CD's of maybe lessons or Q and A sessions ?. I think, with that nice voice of yours they would go down a treat.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  12:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

Just finished listening to the interview

Yogani...... this is great! Great timing....this will speed up the exposure of AYP tremendously. I loved the interactions, and your voice is.....well, what can I say - I am all smiles

Sort of like an effortless, crisp, soothing balm - getting your/our points across immediately and with clarity. As always.

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  12:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

Didn't see your post!
Great idea.....with the cd's.

Yes - the clarity.....isn't it wonderful?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000