Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Right In Two
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fruition

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  04:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Powerful song. I get introspective every time I hear it.Also has a nice tabla solo around midsong (4:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8M86if04T0

Edited by - fruition on Apr 19 2017 06:56:57 AM

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  10:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tool, huh? Nostalgic (for me at least). That is a nice tabla solo too. I find a lot of music I enjoy has a spiritual element to it. Especially lyrics that aren't likely intended to be heard in a spiritual way but that I can't help noticing seem to have some form of spiritual subtext. How about you?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  4:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I find a lot of music I enjoy has a spiritual element to it. Especially lyrics that aren't likely intended to be heard in a spiritual way but that I can't help noticing seem to have some form of spiritual subtext.

Music is another way the Divine reminds you that life is yoga and yoga is life.
Go to Top of Page

fruition

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  01:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Late Bloomer. Yeah,in my teens and early 20's it was music full of angst and rebellion . But,later on as the ups and downs of life started taking their toll and forcing me to ask the "bigger questions" of my/our existence here,my tastes took a radical turn towards music with more emotional and spiritual depth. Music that drives the listener to connect to something deeper within themselves than they normally do.

"Music is another way the Divine reminds you that life is yoga and yoga is life"
Beautiful words Dogboy.

Go to Top of Page

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  08:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case, I only began to accept the idea there might be a spiritual element to things sometime last autumn, but all my life (and especially the last few years), there were songs I loved that I now look back on and so many of them seem to have all sorts of lines in them that just pop out at me when I listen now, or as in the case of They Might Be Giants, they're just ridiculously appreciative of seemingly mundane animals or inanimate objects.

As Dogboy points out, it's hard not to see them like guideposts now.

Edited by - Late Bloomer on Apr 20 2017 08:18:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000