AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Stage 2 kechari without snipping?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So how many people will go into stage 2 kechari without needing to snip the frenum? Did it happen for you?

I think I'm close to transitioning to stage 2, but I've not done any snipping yet (I can touch the tonsils with the tip of my tongue, without using a finger). I don't know if it will be necessary to snip to reach stage 2. If it is not necessary I'll probably put it off until I am at least stabilized in level 2.

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  4:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph,

Looks like we are on the same stage. I won't be snipping anything anytime soon.. But my tongue is Ecstatic so the mudra is effective. The energy is at it's max in the body right now. I may go for it, if there is a pull to do so in the future.

Mudras and bandhas are like a particular Asana for me. Of course, they are much more powerful. When the body is ready, it craves for it in my experience.

Let us know what you decide and the results.

Edited by - sunyata on Mar 31 2017 4:48:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  02:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph,
What happened here is loosening of the roof as I put the tongue on it. Looking back, it seems to me it could make sense trying to do the same using fingers.
No need for it now, but i could see how it could help create room for the tongue to get in. Haven't heard anyone did it that way, but haven't googled it also.
If you do try it, let us know how it went.
And don't overdo it, tongue is not that heavy and it achieves its purpose. I would go for gentle pressure, and only as much as is comfortable.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  4:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph!

It took me 9 years to get past the uvula and be able to fix the tongue up there, but with the right practice the time would have been much less.

For that I started practising Talabya Kriya at 19, around 50 repetitions twice a day. At the beginning I thought it'd be impossible since my tongue was around 3 cm away from the uvula.

After many years my tongue reached the uvula, but it wasn't able to go behind it and reach stage 2. Prior to that I tried snipping some days but I felt that after healing the frenulum it wasn't stretching so I stopped that practice since I didn't like it.

One day, at night after some days of practice involving the the crown a bit, I felt electricity connecting my tongue with a higher part of my head. I am not sure if it got into Kechari since at that moment I wasn't really conscious of my physical body, but more of the energetic body. But after that I still couldn't reach Kechari.

I tried a bit of milking the tongue but soon I dropped the practice as I didn't like it.

Then I received the counsel to keep the tongue pushed towards the uvula with the index and middle fingers for about 5 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day. In a month or two I experienced a dramatic improvement and achieved stage 2. So following this procedure will speed up the process inmensely.

I still don't have the tongue ecstatic as Sunyata, I still have a way to go, may God do it quick

Warning: Pressure should be applied with the fingers gradually, and it may produce a break in the veins near the frenulum. It happened to me soon after reaching stage 2 and I used a gauze with peroxide and then no stretching for 2 weeks. So everyone is responsible for their own practices.

Edited to add warning.

Edited by - Will Power on Apr 05 2017 5:15:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  7:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Willpower,

I'm a Bhakti yogi of Sri Ramakrishna variety. Going into ectasy chanting mantras, listening to devotional song is common. The reason things on this plane seems pale. But, I still have ways to go with Kechari.

Go to Top of Page

maheshwar

France
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  07:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit maheshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
indeed loosening the palate (if i understood correctly this is what you are referring to?)
is well known, and might be useful in order to loosen this part. Usually one used fingers. Bernard (1950) reported using a tea spoon for that purpose; I have not used this technique since my palate was already very soft.
Here is a reference from the holy khecarividya (I,45-47, translation by J. Mallinson):

<< In the manner described by his guru, every day for seven days the knower of atman should rub the base of the palate and clean away all impurity. He should take a very sharp, well-oiled and clean blade resembling a leaf of the Snuhi and then cut away a hair’s breadth of the frenum with it. After cutting he should rub the cut with a powder of rock-salt and pathya. After seven days he should again cut away a hair’s breadth. The yogin, constantly applying himself, should thus practise for six months. After six months the binding tendon at the base of the tongue is destroyed.>>

more in my khecari book :
https://www.facebook.com/khecharimudra/

HariBol !

quote:
Originally posted by Mykal K

Hi Joseph,
What happened here is loosening of the roof as I put the tongue on it. Looking back, it seems to me it could make sense trying to do the same using fingers.
No need for it now, but i could see how it could help create room for the tongue to get in. Haven't heard anyone did it that way, but haven't googled it also.
If you do try it, let us know how it went.
And don't overdo it, tongue is not that heavy and it achieves its purpose. I would go for gentle pressure, and only as much as is comfortable.

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  5:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Sunyata, sounds great!

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi Willpower,

I'm a Bhakti yogi of Sri Ramakrishna variety. Going into ectasy chanting mantras, listening to devotional song is common. The reason things on this plane seems pale. But, I still have ways to go with Kechari.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  9:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Joseph

From what you state I wouldn't snip either, it sounds as if your Bhakti will get you there soon enough. For me Stage 2 happened within two months of casual finger assists, but I believe not having a uvula (removed during a deviated septum surgery twenty years ago) made it easier for me. Stage 2 does seem to "lock in" prana flow, but I often slip back to Stage 1 without missing out on too much. Keep trying!

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 05 2017 9:53:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  07:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all!

Lots to consider. I think I'll take up your practice, Will Power, and see how it goes.

Did anyone experience the tongue automatically going forward during the day, and night, pressing itself into the roof of the mouth and the teeth? Even trying to come out of the mouth if it's not stopped.

It happens frequently here - I wonder if it's a sign I'm pushing too hard, but this would happen even before I took up yoga so I think that it's not a result of yoga practices like kechari (at least not with this body!). Kechari, going back with the tongue, actually feels like fixing some imbalance to do with this, so I'll stick with it for now. It feels less about progress and more about the balance :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000