Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Morning Kechari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  09:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is it safe to go into kechari wthout first brushing the teeth and tongue in the morning?

It would be great to just get out of bed and get right into the sadhana before greeting the day. If I brush my teeth, then tend to get into this whole other routine of eating first, washing, dressing etc... and it sort of pulls me away from the morning practice.

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure. Let's face it, the writers of the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradhak-kara Samipatra (or whatever it was called, I'm not much of a scholar) weren't brushing their teeth.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  10:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second David.
If the bad breath and the dry pharynx does not bother you (both of which may not be a problem in your case).. go ahead..
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  10:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I assume when you ask is it safe you are considering mouth bacteria? Probably all that stuff is in the pharynx as well. When kechari was new to me I thought the pharynx a sacred and pure place, now it's just as nasty a place as any in the body. Drinking and swishing some water works well.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  11:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, the pharynx is self-cleaning and has a mucosal system for the purpose. It's already being contaminated all the time by dust, carrying all sorts of microbes. Don't worry particularly about what comes from the mouth.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Oct 31 2006 11:29:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  12:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amaroli rinses well too if you are inclined to partake
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  4:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. Now I can jump right into practice fresh out of bed before doing anything else.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000