Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Chakra or granthi between throat and third eye?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  08:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP,

Is there a chakra or granthi between the throat and third-eye? Noticed a minor resistance near the uvula for the first time today as prana traveled up during meditation.

It seems to have the characteristics of a fork-like junction that splits to the left cheek, right cheek, and straight up.

Best wishes.

Edited by - pranar on Jun 28 2016 08:51:22 AM

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  10:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have ketchari mudra in your practice? If not, it might be time to explore it.
Go to Top of Page

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  10:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Do you have ketchari mudra in your practice? If not, it might be time to explore it.

Not yet Dogboy. Why Kechari?

Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  12:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the intro paragraph from lesson 108 on the AYP Plus site:

quote:
What is kechari mudra? Let's put it in terms that we can easily relate to. A centimeter or two above the roof of our mouth is located one of the most ecstatically sensitive organs in our whole body. It can be reached relatively easily with our tongue. It is located on the back edge of our nasal septum, and when the nervous system is purified enough through advanced yoga practices, our tongue will roll back and go up into the cavity of our nasal pharynx to find the sensitive edge of our septum. When this happens, it is like a master switch is closed in our nervous system, and all of our advanced yoga practices and experiences begin to function on a much higher level. When kechari is entered naturally, we come on to the fast track of yoga. It is the major league of yoga, if you will.

This is the general location of your sensations, so I was pondering if you have reached the level of purification where rolling back your tongue may take you to the next level. I don't know the specifics of your practice, how long you've been meditating or what's in your routine, so this is not a recommendation, per se, but a practice on which you may want to educate yourself.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  10:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is more information than anyone asked for but since it is known to me first hand and not just intellectually it will be shared for all to benefit.

Yes there is a chakra there it is call the lalana chakra when Kechari first came to me I was interested in what that area you are describing was all about and wanted to know more about the energetic mechanics going on. The Uvula is most certainly a part of the circuit.

This is also the chakra which when purification and enervation / ecstatic conductivity / bliss demands the formation of full Kechari Mudra. This is part of becoming whole once again neither female nor male but complete which is the combination and blending of both aspects.

How many times have people read from the master and elder people on the path of life IE: Those who have gone before you, that you are already complete and whole?

The Lalana Chakra is located up above and through where the upper hard pallet becomes the soft and directly under the Sphenoid Sinus before the hump as you are moving the tongue forward. think of it as mostly occupying the sinus chamber, but not in the entirely physical dimension.

It is the chakra that calls for the physical tongue which has a refined matter / energy constituent call it Astral or subtle body if you need to, to pierce it by going up and above and completing the energetic circuit.

The physical tongue is called from the inside out in other words.

The animating principle that makes a dead tongue alive seeks to go there and the tongue of flesh is drug along for the ride as the physical nerves become activated.

Once this starts happening your tongue develops in dexterous ways that before were not within its capabilities before or lets just say are latent ability with no reason to develop and it is this laying down of new neural pathways that enables Kechari to come about without cutting ones tongue as long as there is no persistent limiting physical formation the denies the effort.

All the people I have met who can form Kechari Mudra did not need to cut there tongues nor are their tongues long, nor are there lingual frenulums thin or in any way accommodating the formation of Kechari Mudra.

Having been part of certain lineages I have helped people learn Talabya practice and have seen some truly amazingly long tongues on some people, Women mostly. Probably because I focus more on Women's mouths as they are very beautiful to me, coming in only second to the eyes.

What surprised me at first was how long their tongues were and that by pure mechanics alone they already should have been able to make the Mudra. Yet because the inner work had not been done yet as most were new initiates the required inner motivation was missing.

I will relate it is funny when a room full of beginners are all clicking around trying to learn Talabya and everyone is wiping there mouths laughing. It used to make my heart break with love as the little children were coming out of the guarded adults at those moments learning how to play with a new toy no one told them they had.. there own tongue.

There is allot more to it than just the tendon beneath the tongue and when the time is right there is no need to get under the hood with a blade and make it happen just do your practices let purification take care of it and then everything within you will work together to make it happen.

Belief not required just practices.. the only reason I can conceive of cutting is if the inner motivation is happening and the Lingual frenulum and tendon ar so close to the tip of the tongue as one is tongue tied already, then it would be good to get with an understanding oral surgeon.

(and you will know when that inner motivation is happening it has nothing to do with wishful thinking or desire.)

When it happens you will know because your tongue will be like a serpent in your mouth with a mind of it's own and it will dance and wriggle and become like the penis of an impatient lover trying to penetrate his lady and at first she will not be ready but once she is, all will be warm and moist and mobile flexible and inviting the tongue will go up up in side the second Vagina which everyone has up in the skull.

In this way all women become as men and all men become as women and herein a blending of Yen And Yang, Male and Female Fire and Water and this is part and parcel on the way to becoming gender complete not gender neutral but "Gender Complete"

Kechari is just the outer manifestation, that which causes it in the first place is the entire point and one that should not be mistaken in the world of exercise yoga studios.

The energetic formation of Kechari Mudra also completes the bifurcated Susshuman channel as it leads to the crown and the brow.

One should be very well versed in practices like spinal breathing and have good steady seat of awareness in the brow because the involvement of the crown will happen.

The crown is the void it has so much about it that pages could be written but it is better just to say that one is well advised to develop in Ajna the sixth center via purification practices first.

The Lalana Chakra also empties the nectar into Vishudda Chakra which processes the liquid.

This Chakra also works in conjunction with the Medulla or the mouth of God and releases energetic prana into all the nadis in the body which can in time be brought into the central channel resulting in extreme bliss which can take on a Menthol cool like electric feeling of ecstasy in all the body parts this in certain traditions is blended in the Hara where fire is cultivated pulling Kundalini up from her seat in Muladhara and then the descent from the crown as well further blending the male and female aspects bringing one to internal complete Unity.

Hope this helps with understanding what is going on and where it leads to in time.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jun 29 2016 10:38:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  10:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, So-Hi..Thanks for the info
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000