Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 sella turcica, seat of the pituitary gland
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sn19

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  3:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
do you have references to studies (reports, publications, brain scans, etc) or personal experiences that show what happens to the pituitary gland anatomically as higher energies get activated with meditation practices?
For example: does it move, get flattened or otherwise change position within the sella turcica? What does a before and after comparison look like?

Edited by - sn19 on Jun 15 2016 3:48:26 PM

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  12:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sn19,

I don't have an answer or any background that would lead directly to an answer, except perhaps to try to look up papers on brain scanning and effects of meditation and speak to the researchers.

But I do have a question: What considerations make you think there might be interesting answers to this question? It seems to me one can ask any one of an infinity of obscure questions (I think you have to agree, this is an obscure question!), but why this one? I think your reason would be interesting.

Can you share it?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  2:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, do.
Go to Top of Page

sn19

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2016 :  9:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason is partly selfish.
Due to overload symptoms and attendant dizziness I had an MRI taken which showed herniated cervical disks (which happen to be related tangentially to CSF - cerebro spinal fluid in the sella turcica) and a partially empty sella turcica, most likely caused by CSF pressure.
Does thokkar stimulate CSF rise and buildup in that area?!
Can thokkar cause cervical herniation?
I also wonder how CSF up there may be connected with the amrita nectar that is known to rise up the spine. Furthermore, how does the pituitary gland get in alignment with the pineal gland which supposedly is a harbinger of the opening of the 3rd eye of omnipresence?
I'm going to meet with a top surgeon (endocrinologist) in my area soon to get his opinion on what's going on. Any input from yogis here is also much appreciated, especially if you have 1st or 2nd hand knowledge of the anatomical changes that accompany intense meditative practices (I've cut down mine a lot in the last 3-4 weeks).
Blessed were Milarepa and Yogananda, among others, for having met gurus to guide them. That takes a lot of merit.
Go to Top of Page

sn19

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  8:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update: surgeon found nothing worth pursuing. My vitamin D level is very low though, so I started aggressive supplementation at 10000 IU per day... Also tried meditating last night after a few days' rest for just 20 minutes (spinal breathing and then listened to the nadi sounds), it felt good but the next day (today) my brain was cooked, literally. Struggled to carry out office duties. I used to welcome the post meditative sensation in ajna in previous years but this year I'm not looking forward to it as much.
How can one progress on the spiritual path when even a little meditation causes serious overload?
Is nutrient deficiency the problem, bad karma, what is it?!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000