AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Biochemistry of Pre-orgasmic Sex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  12:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

As a result of Yogani's teaching, I've been not only experiencing, but also researching the benefits of pre-orgasmic sex. Orgasmic sex, for both men and women, is a roller coaster ride of highs and lows. By contrast, sexual closeness without orgasm contributes to a balanced, steady harmony. And today, I stumbled onto a web page that explains why: orgasm creates dopamine highs and lows. By contrast, staying in front of orgasm promotes oxytocin. Here is an quotation from one article:

"The good news is that oxytocin is the loophole in biology’s plans for our love lives. This is the secret that the ancient sacred-sexuality sages stumbled upon. Making love with lots of affection, without the dopamine-driven highs and lows of conventional sex, seems to keep oxytocin levels high. The more oxytocin you produce, the more receptive you are to it. This is the opposite of dopamine. Addicts need more and more of a drug, which, of course, which actually means they need more and more dopamine. Luckily you don’t need an ever-increasing “fix” of oxytocin to maintain the same gushy feeling. In fact, your partner just looks better and better…at least to you. This is why this practice can strengthen your bond with your mate."

http://www.reuniting.info/science/sex_in_the_brain

The couple behind this article and the whole amazing web page are Gary Wilson and Marnia Robinson. http://www.reuniting.info/peace_bet...about_author

I'm very impressed with their project.

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  4:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell,

Cool to learn about oxytocin. I always love learning about the biological/physiological/anatomical side of yoga!

Thanks for the links, too. I am going to read the second one, JUST because you said you were very impressed.

Be well, Bewell.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  02:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel tremendous joy! It is also my experience. My partner looks better and better!

What is funny, though, is that if he snaps out of presence and starts "having sex" the old fashioned way, I start giggling! . It is bubbling up from somewhere deep inside and I see him frenetically trying to get excitement while I lie there bathing in a gushy feeling. =) The contrast is amusing. My thoughts are "How silly to quit making love... why do people try to have sex?" I see the foolishness in it, and I also laugh at myself when I realize that is what I have been doing all my life instead of going deep into the mysterie of making love. So it is amusement over how things are - the ignorance. The world is really the biggest joke!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  09:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC,

It's not ignorance to want to orgasm, it's part of human biology/physiology...especially for men! So when your partner is striding towards the finish line, GENTLY remind him to take it easy. Giggling about it seems kind of disconnected from lovemaking, in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  09:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Cool to learn about oxytocin. I always love learning about the biological/physiological/anatomical side of yoga!

Yes, I agree. It will be interesting to see also what chemicals kechari practice releases, and if oxytocin is among them.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  3:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,
The ignorance is to believe YOU are your body with all its biological and physical characteristics. Or your mind with its features.

The giggle actually comes more and more often in moments when awareness hits me! When I snap out of the ego and can watch my body-mind from outside somewhere. Being the "eye". It is nothing I can help, really. It just happens. And it is a sort of non-stoppable giggle, joy mixed with tremendous tenderness of how things are. My partner does not seem to be offended. On the contrary, he is drawn to feel joy as well in the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  5:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So it's enlightened for a body to believe it's not a body?

Sounds like you've got yourself a GREAT relationship. :-)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  03:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is the awareness, presence, life knowing it is just manifesting itself in some arbitrary kind of body-mind creation, which is believing it is the center of the universe due to an ego-mind construction that is very convincing at times.

I ordered that relationship, and I got it! It is truly GREAT! It is a miracle.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  07:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

The couple behind this article and the whole amazing web page are Gary Wilson and Marnia Robinson. http://www.reuniting.info/peace_bet...about_author

somehow the above was in error. try this one:

http://www.reuniting.info/peace_bet...about_author
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  10:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a glimpse of the website. The scientific parts are all very thoughtful and responsible, unlike almost all the so-called spiritual teachers (or guru) who show me clearly that they are far from being enlightened in their scientific knowledge.

Hope more articles of this order are coming out in the future.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  4:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now I have read almost the whole site. I am deeply impressed! This is what Barry Long is saying, but in his old way! He knew this in practice, but could not explain the hormone system parallels.

This site has a LOT of nice info! I strongly recommend some reading.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000