Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Wow! the peace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  11:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All. Reidmantra here. I have meditated five times since yesterday and I want to describe how I did it to show many of you that I have been paying attention. I sat down and got comfortable in my chair and closed my eyes. I waited for about 1/2 a min. to a whole min. and then began to repeat the `I AM' mantra (easily and gently) inside. After about two minutes of repeating it, the mantra began to become faint and abstract. (I let that happen with- out trying to change it). As I continued to repeat it easily, my thoughts began to quiet down and for a few brief moments, I had the experience of no mantra/no thoughts. Moments after this, I realized that I was no longer repeating the mantra, so I quietly picked it up again but not as a clear pronunciation but as a faint almost subtle thought and began to repeat it again, (easily). I did this process over and over again for 20 minutes. There was a point during the meditation where it felt as if a blanket of inner peace was being wrapped around me. I acknowledged it momentarily and returned to the mantra. I have repeated this procedure five times now. I know that the blanket of peace is scenery and that no two meditations will be the same. I also know that the proof of the pudding is in how I feel in activity. Using the method of meditat-ing described above, results in activity were REALLY GOOD! I will continue with this simple procedure which is different than what I had been doing previously. All I can say is thank God for this forum!! - Reidmantra

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  12:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hurray!

(Remember to self-pace...it's not recommended to meditate more than 2 times per day, unless it's a retreat setting).
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  12:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  07:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great going. Don't forget to rest after your meditation.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  08:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very Good Reidmantra. Like Bodhi said meditation is recommended only twice a day.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 22 2016 08:12:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  09:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Everyone. I guess I got a little carried away with the good feelings I was getting in meditation. In the past I normally only meditate twice a day but I got really excited when meditation became easy and confusion free. Anyway, back to twice a day. I always spend at least 10 minutes of rest laying down at the end of meditation. On another note: I am wondering if anyone on the forum is bothered by the things I write here, or the comments that I make about others that post here. When I express my feelings about others, (I am being honest and sincere) and my comments are not false or made up just to flatter people. I learn a lot from AYP and from the people here but I don't want to offend or irritate people while I do it. - Reidmantra
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  10:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
On another note: I am wondering if anyone on the forum is bothered by the things I write here, or the comments that I make about others that post here. When I express my feelings about others, (I am being honest and sincere) and my comments are not false or made up just to flatter people. I learn a lot from AYP and from the people here but I don't want to offend or irritate people while I do it. - Reidmantra

We could ask ourselves that all as posters Reidmantra.

I write when I feel that it has to be, we can share and learn from each other. Like to dwell here on the forums, feel welcome. You are welcome

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 22 2016 10:35:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  3:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog. Thank you for affirming that. Namaste. - Reidmantra
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  12:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Reidmantra,

Thank you for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  03:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Reidmantra, nice post - keep up the good practice!

And keep posting, you are certainly not offending anyone here!
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  5:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  8:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stay gold, reidmantra.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  8:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2016 :  10:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all. Reidmantra here. I would like to thank all of you for the affirmation and support that you have given me over the past few days. It has meant a great deal to me. I love you all! Namaste and Shanti! - Reidmantra
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000