Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Boredom. Laziness. Indifference
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  06:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am on a long vacation now and I've noticed that when I have entire days for myself, on a long run, I just get bored and get run out of things to do. If I were to put myself to best use spiritually in about a week of vacation left, what could I do? Meditate all day? Day dream? read books? listen to an album? Do yoga?

Or perhaps just do whatever I like and stay mindful the entire time, which ofcourse is next to impossible(at least for me) to do?

Edited by - psysaucer on Jan 21 2016 06:55:40 AM

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All or any of the above. you could do solo retreats or go visiting places of spiritual significance. If not, do karma yoga (service that appeals to you).
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  07:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
All or any of the above. you could do solo retreats or go visiting places of spiritual significance. If not, do karma yoga (service that appeals to you).

Yes,this.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  08:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Get outside for sure! Go somewhere you ordinarily wouldn't; an adventure is an exercise in mindfulness.
Go to Top of Page

uniath

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  08:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm having a similar dilemma, I just think of the following quotes by Rumi:

“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”

"Respond to every call that excites your spirit.”

This is something I've been doing more and more. At the same time, letting go of all expectations how things should turn about, and life has truly become miraculous.

Now, looking back at the big picture, it's so easy to see that everything is interconnected. Following joy/excitement is like spinning a web of synchronity and it's all tied towards a higher purpose, being our Self as fully as we can.
Go to Top of Page

25litres.com

Laos
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  12:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit 25litres.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karma yoga or any sort of wholesome engagement with the surrounding world has always enriched the life of this individual here. Your spiritual practice will be as multi-faced as you make it. Variety adds spice to life.

I would also try to investigate the nature of boredom (master tip: it's empty).

What does staying mindful mean to you and why do you feel is next to impossible?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  3:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say to do things you like with people you care about.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000