Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 I AM said the cat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  09:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The scene was kind of disturbing as well as funny. We have a female cat that is very vocal she has been known to really surprise people even strangers including the vet.

The reason she is surprising is when she is very upset or excited she uses English.

Yes I know how that sounds and if it were just myself hearing it I would say overactive imagination but thankfully I have fellow adults and complete strangers who have heard her as well.

She also has the most expressive face of any cat I have ever met she can talk with her eyes like nobody I have ever met. Just a cutting glance is enough to tell you she means business as in stop I have had enough of the comb and the brush you are done.

Yes I ask her questions like would you like groomed and she will get excited talking back to me and jump up on a table expecting to get groomed.

Amongst her other talents is the ability to look at a clock and tell time.

We have caught her doing this far too many times over the years and she knows what time it is to eat and sleep within minutes. She demands a very strict schedule

That would be cool on it's own but looking up at the clock and then demanding action was a bit creepy at first.

So last night I was serving her food and asked her who's hungry and who's eating???, In a game show announcers voice as she seems to enjoy the announcement.

My wife was in the kitchen right behind me and she the cat that is, belted out excitedly looking me right in the eyes "I AM !"

I put down the plate of wet cat food swiftly and walked away then I looked at my wife wide eyed and said did you just hear that!!!???

She said I sure did!!!

I said quick tell me what you heard so I know I'm not loosing my mind!

My wife shocked as well replied she answered you, saying I AM.

Holy crap we both heard it then! whew ok! Darn Girl you are one interesting soul in a cat body.

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  2:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOVE this. I have to say that for some reason it doesn't surprise me that you have a cat that speaks
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  3:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol it is not some kind of yoga acquired ability to understand animals unless I am rubbing off on my wife and people around me.

This cat is truly a unique personality the first time I saw her and held her I said hello young one how are you? and she started talking to me as a wee little kitten.

I looked in her eyes, then looked at my wife and said you know this one is spirited she's going to be trouble are you sure about this?

Meaning bringing her home. One look at my wife and I knew she was coming home from the animal rescue people.

She has been 1 surprise after another ever since that day, I am so glad to know her.

quote:
Originally posted by Beehive

LOVE this. I have to say that for some reason it doesn't surprise me that you have a cat that speaks

Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  6:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sticking to my original comment.... !!!!

I've told you I came a little late to this "spiritual world" stuff and one of my BEST first "spiritual experiences" (not terribly fond of the word spiritual but that's another thread) was with an animal communicator that my husband hired as a gift to me, to visit with our beloved dog. It was truly a highlight of my life. There was incredible love that filled the room, the communicator was so right on that it just bowled me over, the dog was clearly so at peace with her, and so connected with her. I needed an intermediary and you somehow, just happen to have a cat that can speak to anyone and everyone!!! I'm so happy that this rescue cat ended up at your house. Too bad it is probably spayed, you could have started a kitty talk show.... i
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  8:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

Agree with Beehive! Looks like the cat is having the affect of your sadhana or is it the other way round?
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  07:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  08:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you ask her she may not use English but it is certain it is all her doing and her idea. After all she is a cat.

Just for fun while feeding her I asked her the same question last night and she pointedly looked around the room ignoring me.

Figures get a talking cat and she is related to Michigan J. Frog Lol no UTUBE for us.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi So-Hi,

Agree with Beehive! Looks like the cat is having the affect of your sadhana or is it the other way round?

Edited by - So-Hi on Jan 12 2016 08:10:46 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000