Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra practice effects?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  10:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since I have been following tantra practices.. I have seen that regular orgasms that used to be energy draining.. actually increase the ecstatic energy these days and the next few practice sessions are very high energy ones... it seems to be the opposite of what was happening all these days.. instead of draining me.. it gives me a boost in my energy.. it is definitely opposite of what it used to be.. and what is expected.. Anyone else feel this?

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  07:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quite similar, yes !
Although there is an energy drain, but it seems to
stimulate other things ...
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  01:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experience many changes with my orgasm. It started some time ago, but it was only recently that I was able to discern the various muscles in the groin and lock them in a grip.

The most powerful orgasm I had was just the other day.

There is a feeling afterwards inside, of energy moving throughout the body. I imagine it as orgasmic shockwaves after a 7.1 event. hehe

And there wasn't a draining feeling ike was in the past, which seems more apparent to me now that you've posed this question. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  05:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

There is a feeling afterwards inside, of energy moving throughout the body. I imagine it as orgasmic shockwaves after a 7.1 event. hehe

And there wasn't a draining feeling ike was in the past, which seems more apparent to me now that you've posed this question. Thank you.

I can relate to that Kyman its most pronounced with dry orgasm but also with semi dry where here is some loss of semen there is an effect like an after burn now from the third chakra upward right into the crown and no loss of energy whatsoever in fact an increase of ecstatic conductivity

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Oct 08 2006 05:01:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How does one have a dry orgasm?

The other day, right before opening my eyes to get out of bed, I had an orgasm while dreaming. But there was no discharge.

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  12:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

How does one have a dry orgasm?

The methods described in the tantra lessons are very effective namely hold back and blocking both can be used for sex with a partner or tantrik masturbation

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  1:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kyman,

When your body is naturally cycling, sometimes ejaculate won't come out. It will be taken up. I think that may be what you experienced when you had the orgasm while dreaming. This natural cycling (I can't think of a better term) comes as a result of yogic practices.

I've had it happen a few times.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  7:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, thanks for the insight.

I'm not read much literature about that effect. Why doesn't medical science know these things? Why do they even have the emblem of the kundalini when there is hardly any information on it?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  8:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

It's a funny concidence.

...or maybe not!

http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/a...ct/138/8/673

Edited by - Scott on Oct 08 2006 8:58:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  11:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

There is a funny scene (biting satire actually) on the Caduceus in the Secrets of Wilder novel, when John Wilder is being "rescued" from a hospital (how he got in there is another story).

Here is Devi (John's sweetheart) telling it like it is (one of her endearing traits) as she and big Luke are sneaking a very drugged John out of the hospital:
--------------------

...It was the dead of night, and all was quiet in the hospital. Devi pulled out the I.V. The colorless chemicals dripped slowly out onto the floor. She and Luke got John dressed in his suit pants, white shirt and shiny black shoes left over from the funeral. Soon they were walking out as casually as they could with John in the wheelchair. His head was bobbing on his chest and he was mumbling incoherently. They made it past the nurse’s station, down the elevator, and were on the home stretch through the main lobby. On the wall was a big Caduceus, the symbol of the medical profession, a staff with two snakes spiraling up it, biting the wings of an orb on top.

John’s head bobbed up. A look of recognition lit him up.
“Thaaaat’s meeeeee!” he yelled, pointing at the Caduceus. “Thaaaat’s meeeeee!”
“Shhhh,” Devi said as they hurried for the front door. Luke led the way, looking a little nervous, as Devi pushed the wheelchair behind him.
“Thaaaat’s meeeeee!” John yelled. His arms were reaching back over his shoulder for the Caduceus as they went out.
“Yeah, right,” Devi said. “These people around here wouldn’t know a real Caduceus if it came up and bit them in the ass.”

Only a night janitor saw the huge black man and feisty little Indian beauty wheeling the raving lunatic out the front door of the hospital. He watched until they went around the corner of the building, off into the night. He shrugged and went back to his mopping.

-------------------

I couldn't resist. Oh, and you are definitely not seeing John Wilder at his best here.

There is hope for the medical profession. They are discovering their roots -- slowly -- maybe we are helping.

Also, see these lessons on the Caduceus, sushumna, ida, pingala, and the ecstatic illumination of them:

http://www.aypsite.org/89.html
http://www.aypsite.org/90.html

Good stuff you are sharing, Shanti, on orgasm in relation to the rise of ecstatic conductivity. And great feedback everyone!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  11:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again All:

Here are some comments from one of my emails related to Shanti's experience:
------------------

There comes a point where whole body orgasm is energizing on the upper end, while at the same time depleting on the lower end. The latter will eventually take over if the strategy goes to more and more orgasms. And, of course, orgasm is a lousy strategy for anyone who has not awakened ecstatic conductivity, which is the key to it.

Is ecstatic-conductivity based orgasm draining or invigorating? Well, both, I think, as is nearly any kundalini surge. So, it is an aspect of tantric practice. But pre-enlightenment. I say this because enlightenment is advancing when the ecstatic merges with inner silence and they move outward together into daily activity, progressing toward the unity state via action. That is ecstatic action moving in stillness, or what I call "stillness in action." The enlightenment paradox!

It is the evolution of the surges into a steady-state flow...

The inner whole-body orgasms are a stepping stone to this. It is all about divine energy purifying and developing the body as a channel into the world. Even reproductive sex is about that, isn't it? The divine projecting itself into the world via reproduction. In yoga it is the same, except it is the divine taking conscious birth in/as the yogi/yogini, and projecting into the world in that way as outpouring divine love.

At first we notice it in bits. Then it is all we notice -- the "gee whiz" stage where we are reminded to favor practices over experiences. In the end, we barely notice it at all -- we just act in that way naturally, and that is life.

Interestingly, some of the upcoming E-Series books will also be stepping through the evolutionary process just described -- samyama, self-inquiry and bhakti/karma yoga. All of these are about taking inner silence and ecstatic bliss (inner orgasmic feelings) out into daily living by various means. Multi-pronged practice, of course, which is the secret of success in yoga.

I would only caution that we not give the impression here that having lots of orgasms is going to be the path. We all know where that leads. It really depends on ecstatic conductivity being present. A good incentive to develop ecstatic conductivity, yes? And, in turn, for developing inner silence, which is the true foundation of ecstatic conductivity and all spiritual progress.

While, at a certain stage, orgasms may add to ecstatic conductivity, brahmacharya remains the underlying tantric principle from start to finish -- that is, preservation and cultivation of sexual energy. There are many aspects to this, and varying approaches to implementation depending on the wide range of sexual preferences among practitioners.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000