Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Surrender
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

buz66

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  08:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have felt that in my last few sits, I have really felt that I have come out with some positive effects. This is in most part due to what I think may be surrendering, although it doesn't feel like surrendering to me. It feels more like standing on the edge of a cliff, if I jump I have to let go, feel the fear and do it anyway kind of approach, although it's not fear. Does anyone else have this kind of experience?

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced similar instances, although my situation has been with energy flows through the body. At times, I would experience energy flows that were new to me, and you can imagine how disorienting new energy flows can be, especially in deep meditation. They would throw me out of the depths and back into the surface of consciousness, due to my resistance to "let go". But once I simply surrendered and let the energy take over, I broke through several barriers and entered into states previously unexplored. My advice would be to surrender whenever you can, and fear nothing. Fear is one of the biggest inhibitors in spiritual evolution and it is something only your ego creates as a way to maintain the status quo. In Deep Meditation, if you assume the position of being along the for the ride instead of being in control, you will be amazed at how far you can go in each sit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000