Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A Story about Critters, Yogis & God Within
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  11:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A wise old yogi used to say that when he saw a person he did not see the person in front of him but God within, when he spoke to a person he was speaking to God, when he heard a person talking he was listening to God.

He advised we should all perceive like this.

You know this is not so easy.

Some people are so beautiful and some well a trip to the local Walmart will make you wonder where have these people come from? Another Planet? Just what happened in the genetic roll of the dice?

Some beautiful people fill me with revulsion and some who are not so beautiful outside draw me to them like magnets, it has always been like this.

When the news tells stories it makes you wonder what is wrong with people how can they be killing and doing so many other horrible things.

With the practice of Yoga our perceptions do change and so does our ability to sense and feel others, this is not always so good.

Sometimes it is very helpful.

What I have discovered and would like to share is a story that confirms the wise old Yogis sage council because, you know he was teaching us to be Yogis and in doing so gave us so many wonderful valuable lessons but did not always come out and say them directly knowing we would come to them in our own time.

Once a certain level of sensitivity is reached it is imperative to see, to start tuning our inner radio and start seeing God taking on the forms of many things, otherwise your untuned radio will be picking up on psychic trash.

What is psychic trash? Simple, it is peoples moods, it is their 1st reaction to a situation or first thought, which most of the times is an ego preservation selfish impulse that they swiftly override, worse yet is when the impulse becomes a decision to follow a selfish course of action once it has passed the clearing house of conscience. That is truly ugly to pick up on. This is the very definition of evil.

With the development of sensitivity in the spinal nerve so does the development of our finer antennae follow.

With that one needs to learn how to tune their inner radio receiver and pick a channel not block the unpleasant for it will always be present. If you are tuned to a channel that is all there is to it, you just tune in by easily favoring that channel. In doing so the other is not tuned out but just not in tune.

If you do not then that is ok too and is a big reason Yogis of old and even of today, where they can, even now tend to live away from population centers and often in the mountains. Today with so much extreme overpopulation and the way things are in this time and so many of us coming to Sadhana we do not have that luxury.

Not having that luxury to simply absent ourselves we have to learn to cope with the circumstances of daily life with others and in doing so that is even better for us than getting away, it has it’s challenges to be sure, but so did living in the mountains.

Where I live there has always been a problem with critters, there is allot of building going on and the poor wildlife is loosing their habitat.

So the Squirrel, the Raccoon the Opossum, the Snake are all having to live closer to man.

Unfortunately this is not always a safe condition for either party due to rabies outbreak which is frequent.

As of late we have been being visited late at night by an unwelcome guest making a general nuisance out of itself by upsetting our pets, leaving nice deposits in the yard, rooting things up etc...

A Have a Heart trap was purchased.

The trap was set in the evening and by the next morning in the dark I shone a flashlight through the window to see a cat in the backyard in the distance watching the trap and either a cat or an odd looking cat in the trap; had a hunch that was not a cat.

Waited until full daylight to look again and that weird looking cat was a Opossum.

Spoke with he local authorities on the phone and they said since there was no rabies going on they would not do anything and advised finding a wooded area to release the Opossum in at least 1.5 miles away as they are not known to travel to return.

When my neighbor used to pick up his cages with a trapped animal in them the animal was always afraid and agitated very scared and would bare its teeth hiss and growl. My Neighbor eats whatever he catches.

As I approached the cage it felt as if my etheric heart left my chest and went out to envelope this young animal and I spoke to the Opossum and said don’t worry you are safe no one is going to hurt you. We are going to take a little ride and take you to your new home.

As you may or may not know a Opossum is not exactly the most handsome creature on Gods Green earth, looks something like a giant rat with a pointed snout and protruding needle sharp teeth. They also have a distinct odor about them undoubtedly not helped by being stuck in a cage; a high stress situation for anyone to be certain.

As I was looking at this creature I thought how odd that God would choose to take this form, and all of a sudden I saw God within and not the outer form I was intuitively sensing feeling God within this animal form and when I looked at the Opossum again it was not a ugly, smelly rat thing; it was no longer this repulsive creature but somehow just alright being the form that it was; just a form no more offensive than a cube made out of wood it moved but to my eye was equally inert compared to God within.

To my surprise the possum was as docile as a pet and was just a little nervous, so I loaded him up and we took a little trip out to the woods where there was allot of water and heavy brush.

Tied a rope to the cage door pointed the opening into a clump of tall grass released the mechanism walked around to the back of the cage pulled on the rope and held the door up. In his confusion the Opossum was trying to get out the wrong end of the cage which was in my direction and impossible to get through. I spoke to him gently and said this is the wrong way turn around and you can go.

I wondered how long am I going to be stuck holding this door open till he figures it out??

He kind of paused then turned around. I have heard people tell that when you open the door they run like crazy to get away. This was not the case he just walked out like he was taking a leisurely stroll sniffed around a bit at the exit of the cage looked back at me once then turned and disappeared into the tall grass.

I felt happy for him this area better suited him and wish him a long and happy Opossum life.

I still do not know why God would take such a form or why God has chosen to appear as so many separate things and people but another thing the wise Yogi used to explain is, it is all just one soul, this brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat and a hitch in my breathing from the heart to realize the simplicity beauty and truth in this, countless minds, countless egos but just one soul expressing and experiencing this all; how divine and confusing.

The only way this makes any sense is to feel God within others look for God within all forms and it all starts with looking within.

This Wise Old Yogi used to say an ounce of practice was worth a ton of theory, you must go within, practice takes you within makes you introverted theory makes you outwards and extroverted.

The name of the wise old yogi was Paramahamsa Hariharananda. Lovingly known as Baba.

Namaste.

Edited by - So-Hi on Oct 18 2015 12:05:48 PM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  4:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your beautiful story So- Hi
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  7:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very touching, thank you So-Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  8:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  8:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

thank_g

India
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  06:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear So-Hi, Thanks for sharing this.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  4:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow hi all ,i work as self employed gardener jobbing around doing garden maintanance ,i discoverd one day that the banana i was taking to work had a few nibbles out of it i thought it may have been a bird who had gotten in while the door of the van was open ,anyway over a period of about a month every time i left food for my lunch in the van it would be nibbled at ,i cleared the van out one weekend but found nothing ,on the monday morning i went to get my headphones for the ipod that was left in the pocket of door on the van and the rubber was eaten ,well that was it i needed to stop this thinking of the electrics and wiring that may be next i borrowed a trap from one of my customers and placed a piece of cheese in it ,lo and behold ten minutes later there it was a rather small field mouse looking at me with a sense of anger and desperation i released the trap and let it go ,i will always remember the last glance it gave me it knew what i was and was glad to be heading back to the wilderness a bit like the yogis of old who escaped the clutches of the mind for the freedom of uncertainty .
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  12:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this. Wonderful to see it through a different lens. My 80 year old father has been having a difficult time caring treatment in the world of western medicine. I am going to join him tomorrow to see doctors and this loving story will help me: seeing God in everyone, seeing fear of being out of ones own habitat, power struggle of feeling trapped, life and death, looking for those who are our helpers and partners. And look within.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  01:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar! Rodent Liberator!
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  4:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This seeing God in everyone is a funny thing. My personal understanding is continuing to grow. Lets see if it can be shared and make sense.

The wise old yogi identity who had figured out life used to teach first you must learn Asana, this means to take your proper seat. Your seat is in the pituitary, the soul center. Not a special way of sitting on a cushion. This is the true meaning of Asana.

Yesterday I was pondering how is it that there is only one soul? Do I not have a soul that is mine, my own individual soul?

The answer reflected back no you do not have a soul, yet you do and will, no one has a soul yet they do and they will, there is only one soul. Yet the one soul has set in motion the process of there being many.

There is only one soul that has taken on countless Identities and therefore it is the one soul that owns, that possesses countless identities. Not countless identities possessing countless individual souls.

One Soul how is this?

Oh how I weep for God, to be one, to be whole, but singularly alone, able to create all things yet not another like itself, whole and complete without first having to exist in the creation and become so the best it can do is take parts of its limitless self and create identities fractured reflections capable of only reflecting a small portion of the totality of unity as companions and has given all of creation to itself and gave these parts divine amnesia and drama.

From this will these fragments grow and in growing become whole and complete.

Yet will these individualized lights seek to know the source with love and respect eventually returning to become one and whole or will they grow proud and independent content being separate and mistaking the transient pleasure and pains the dramas and the birthing and the dying as reality as the penultimate “I” Ness oh so satisfying in the fecund drama of tears and laughter of these drunken steeped in delirium of be-ing.

The answer is yes and when the identity becomes ripe, the identity seeks to know

Who am I?

What is this power that gives life to this body? Food will not make a corpse function, nor will will air pumped into its lungs nor will water and wine poured down its throat and into its dead stomach. What is this power that enlivens this body?

What is life?

Where have I come from?

Where am I going ?

Why have I been in the first place?

Why do I see a complete person in the eyes of a child yet the body does not match?

How is it a near 20 year old child can be so wise, so capable yet also so insecure compared to a 40 year old that has experience and conditioning yet expresses the same thing in those eyes?

What is it behind the eyes.

The answer comes to me to share it is in the form of yet another question, Hello God is that you in those eyes the very same thing I see in my own eyes when looking in a mirror.

We are one.

Until the identity opens it’s mouth and speaks.

But be not fooled that is just the identity the overlay the emanation riding on top of the Godhood within the very thing which enlivens the the one in font of you. The body it is the property of the identity and is an expression of it. Yet when the day comes that the power of God is no longer animating the body so to will the identity cease to be.

Be respectful and loving of the Godhood within and bow your head inwardly to that, if your own identity gets along well with the identity before you that is well if it does not, that is no matter. The life within others is the life of my own life and we are one.

All these questions lead one to become introverted.

Practices make us introverted and herein and no where else lie the answers to all these questions and more.

This one soul has many identities of which you are just one of countless expressions of that one soul and the closer that identity gets to figuring itself out from the divine amnesia the closer it gets to automatically being reabsorbed in unity.

Divine light the individual flame of identity merges with the light of the source and unity. This sounds awful frightening ceasing to be but nothing could be further from the truth. I am taking great comfort in this as the unity is getting closer and closer and in it is a satisfaction beyond words. In the reimergence the identity somehoew becomes a fledgling soul before this it is incomplete.

The process of existing is the process of God's creation becoming just like God itself and in doing so fullfills the purpose of creation, the purpose of incarnation and all things from cradle to grave and beyond.

This makes so much sense now, how many times have I caught the eye of a stranger and in that brief contact felt myself expressing within their form, how often has that surprised me to wear a male identity yet see my supposed sovereign identity in the eyes of a Woman or a Man in the eyes of someone who does not even speak the same language, the eyes of the young and the old in animals yes even in plants, how is it to look at a tree and feel as one with it?

So then I saw a vision of a plane of purest milky white light and from the plane a milk white form grew from the surface in the form of a milky white human made of the same substance as the plain and it walked up right but at no time were its feet completely separate from the surface of the plane. The feet always drug the plane behind them like a cloying etherial substance but it was not felt by the creature as it was simply a part of its being.

As this human creature walked the feet were always connected to it's source yet the creature knew it not and the more it walked the more it thought itself separate from the nourishment it emanated from and seperate from the fellow creatures walking around connected even as it did.

Free will to do as it pleased yet always connected and never separate.

When it appeared the creatures vitality wained from being held up in a form above the surface of the plane the creature eventually sank back down into the source only to rise again and again as did so many myriad forms all happening at once.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  3:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
its all so cmplicated
but really its simple
nothing really matters
but all matters really
the purpose is to find purpose
then release the grip on its hold
there is to know to identify
the realization is not to identify but just to know
maybe love is the vibration
and we must resonate with this
until we become unmanifested
and then manifest again

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Oct 21 2015 3:53:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  4:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  08:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An often it takes the words of a poet SHREEEEMMMMM

quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

its all so cmplicated
but really its simple
nothing really matters
but all matters really
the purpose is to find purpose
then release the grip on its hold
there is to know to identify
the realization is not to identify but just to know
maybe love is the vibration
and we must resonate with this
until we become unmanifested
and then manifest again

Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  03:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful post So-Hi! My path is shamanic and the divine expresses itself to me mostly through animals. Once, in a vision, I was standing in a building looking out through a vast stone arch into a garden. A single strand of spider silk hung from the sky. A big bright green grasshopper landed on it and began to climb. Then it turned to face me, looking at me. It opened it's two arms. It had large hands with very long slim fingers. Emanating from the fingers were tendrils of light energy connecting to everything. It's head and body became stunning fractal patterns each side mirroring the other, beauty beyond words. It hung in front of me in all it's cosmic glory before floating off in the wind. The God within the grasshopper, my mind was blown and I knew it was the same thing looking out of every eye in the world.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  04:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  6:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May we all learn to see with our
So beautiful.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000