Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Loving kindness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  01:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://peacefulrivers.homestead.com/Metta.html

Hi all. Please visit this beautiful site for this inspiring verse and others.

Edited by - Balance on Oct 03 2006 11:14:18 AM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  1:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Balance and all,

I know this is an old posting, but I quite enjoyed the link and the verse contained in it. I have recently been reading "Real Love" by Greg Baer and have just started a Buddhist study class on "Metta/Loving Kindness". I really knew nothing of this Buddhist concept before now, and am happy to find that it fits in beautifully with what "Real Love" says and is a perfect extension carrying the concept into deep meditation. Thanks for the link!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 15 2009 1:55:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  2:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Thanks for reviving this post....I missed it back in 2006.

And thanks, Balance......I have never read about Metta.....it was really beautiful, thank you
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  2:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Metta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yopTg-Qv12k
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  2:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Balance, that was beautiful
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000