Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Dark Thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  7:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know that pure and good thoughts naturally start to grow, when you are on the path of enlightenment. Which is what is happening with me.

What about dark thoughts? Should they be growing along side the light thoughts?

Dark thoughts = negative / evil thoughts. Light thoughts = positive / pure thoughts.

I have noticed that yes I feel a lot more love towards people in general but the dark thoughts are growing along side them as well. They are changing in style as well, more persuasive they are and less aggressive. They are more in line with the thought process of light thoughts but they have a dark end in mind. My mentality and mood changes in that instant when they enter my mind.

When I was younger fear, greed, etc would control me, but now they are a lot more clever. Using good ideals for greater evil ends. Is this normal? This is nothing new to me, I just thought they would eventually run their course and be gone. But I noticed they are going no where and are only growing stronger and more persuasive in their approach.

Is this common or rare on the path to enlightenment? What should I do about them? How should I approach this? Or am I stuck with them for life?

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 04 2015 7:58:38 PM

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  8:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill,

You may be noticing them more with your increased awareness. The intensity may decrease over time. And when they do appear, you will be able to release it in silence.

Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  8:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say pay no attention to them at all. Continue with your practice. If you devote attention to them they will increase in intensity.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  8:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, when I do pay attention to them they sure do increase in intensity. Hmmm this is all so odd. As I notice things my whole world seems to be so different.

Ok I will do that and just let them go into silence.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  2:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Yes this is normal as the body and mind purify.It is ego trying to tempt you as it doesn't want to be put into the background and diminished.This is why one needs to embrace yamas and niyamas so as to have correct thinking.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  8:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is good to hear, because of over doing it and the resulting over sensitivity this experience was/is more extreme. But manageable so far.

What kind of Yamas and niyamas would be a good idea to start with?

Right now I am just starting to get back into Deep Meditation from Breath Awareness. Due to over sensitivity. I am using the enhanced version for more balance (Shree I Am Namah) from lesson 369.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 05 2015 9:45:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  12:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the section on transforming negative emotional energy:
http://www.aypsite.org/340.html

Anything and everything is potential fuel for divine purpose. Even the negativity can be transmuted into refined vibration. Mother Nature wastes nothing!
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  05:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BT. That is a good idea. I have been doing something similar already by using my negative experiences to make sure I grow to be a better person by improving myself.
Go to Top of Page

nacho3036

Chile
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  10:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't reject them, they are part of you. Buddhist used to transmutate feelings of anger, greed, lust, etc for enlightengment purposes. Don't judge them and accept them. Anyway, who dictates to you waht are good or bad thoughts? Greed and Lust are really powerful, even for enlightengment. Dont box your thinking.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  07:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been trying to find a way to use them without allow my feelings to boil over. It is difficult, I am having some success with that. Oh I know Greed and Lust are very powerful feelings, among some others as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000