Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 repeating I AM outside of meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tempest

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there any benefit to repeating I AM outside of formal meditation continually? E.g. when doing activities that don't require mental concentration.

In the kundalini maha yoga path I was on, they recommend repeating there mantra as much as possible whatever you are doing. Is the same recommended for I AM?

As I have stated in another thread, repeating the mantra gives me a faint pleasurable sensation in my heart which I never had with my old mantra, so have greath hopes for the I AM mantra

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  09:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tempest
Good to hear you are enjoying the I AM meditation.

It is recommended to keep the I AM mantra for your sitting meditation sessions. We are trying encouraging a habit of going deep with the mantra. This is not something you can do while going about your daily business.

There is also the possibility to overload, so stay with your sitting practice for the assigned time every day. Adding extra meditation time needs to be very carefully considered in the context of self-pacing.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  8:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, your practice is to bear fruits in your daily life, to change your piece of the world for the better of all. To be fully engaged in that, you shouldn't be "inward" but expressing outward.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000