Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Healing Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  5:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Is there a healing mantra for the body as there is for the spirit D.M. (I AM)?

I have read topics on AYP forums about healing hands, healing, and other methods. None say anything about a healing mantra just like D.M. "I AM". If there isn't one how could someone go about creating one?

I workout, eat healthy, just recently had a massive spiritual purification which is posted on the forums here as well. The spiritual purification is going well. What interests me now is the purification of the body. Is there any means to purify the body as well as the spirit at the same time?

I know that D.M. "I AM" is mostly for the spirit and a little bit for the body. If there was some way to do the same for the body to help improve overall healing of the spirit and body at the same time. That would be great and I believe this would help a lot of people who are having D.M. "I AM" related issues such as myself.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Jul 29 2015 5:21:27 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  6:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out this book: http://www.aypsite.org/books-dsa.html

That is a great guide to purify the body.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  6:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, taking a look at it now.

http://www.rootlight.com/lightandramadasa.htm

Any idea if this "Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung is called the Shushmana Mantra." any good?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  7:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any mantra, whether it be "I AM" or the one you mention, will mainly be for purifying the mind and channels of the nervous system, which of course affect the physical body. But, if you're looking for a mantra to purify the body specifically, that's kind of like asking for a baseball bat to hit a golf ball. You might make a little progress, but it's best to use a golf club to hit the golf ball, and reserve the bat for hitting the baseball. Similarly, mantra is for mind, whereas diet/shatkarmas/amaroli are for body.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  7:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm I never thought of it in that way. What bugs me right now is that I can't do "I AM" until I balance things out, due to my over sensitivity. So I am looking for alternatives to help with keeping up progress.

"I AM" is the lowest form and if that gets me out of balance then what? I had it reduced to a minute or less and still. So right now I am taking a break from "I AM".

What can I do in the mean time while things balance out? Or could I help with the balancing some how?

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  8:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, for me, when I have needed to back off from inward practices like meditation, spinal breathing, or samyama—I usually turn to more grounding activity and connecting with Mother Nature. So, long walks, various kinds of exercise, doing some kind of horticulture, random acts of service, going out and meeting new people, and things like that. Also, on a mental level, just taking it easy by not reading so much spiritual literature or watching spiritual videos, and instead reading/watching more Earth-bound material, if that makes sense. Maybe some clever entertainment, like BBC's Sherlock, or soothing nature documentaries, for instance.

Don't strain to mold your life to the practices. Let the practices mold to you and your individual needs. That is the essence of self-pacing. Practices are only as good as the ecstatic bliss they produce. Bhakti is the most important practice, and that doesn't have to involve meditation all the time. If you are finding more groundedness and bliss with less inward practices, that is the way to go. Your bhakti and intuitive sense of pacing will let you know when it's time to reintroduce the pratyahara stuff.

There are an abundance of options right in front of you, guaranteed.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  8:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love learning, on the journey of spiritual reading and exploration. Digging up more past major events that have altered my life forever. Devotion is strong, Burning brighter then sun!

I will try just belly breathing and see if that can cool my jets of red hot plasma. I workout daily, and I go for a walk when ever possible. Just came back from a nice walk.

Thank you, for your help.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  9:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

I will try just belly breathing and see if that can cool my jets of red hot plasma. I workout daily, and I go for a walk when ever possible. Just came back from a nice walk.

Awesome! You're on top of it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000