Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Willfully leaving the body through chakras?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  07:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It is one of the most common maybe even cliched part of the hindu yogic lore where a yogi in complete control of one or more of the chakras leaves the body through them at his/her will. Is this even possible? If so, what does it mean to be in "control" of your chakras that you can slip right through them out of your body?

I mean i can feel my ajna/sahasra/vishuddhi chakras as much or perhaps even better than I can my hands or legs. And surely I have had my share of out of body visions, but I always try not to attach much importance to them. But in no way would I say I have the kind of mastery over chakras that would enable me to leave my body. What are your thoughts?

Edited by - psysaucer on Jul 28 2015 07:37:46 AM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  09:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi psysaucer,

I have been able to leave my body through the crown for many years now. I don't believe that it has anything to do with being a "master" of the chakra though. In my opinion the ability to leave the body is the result of dropping the belief that "I am my body/mind." When I had my first out of body experience (during a ketamine trip sometime in the early 2000's) the belief that my body/mind was "me" was loosened a bit. Over the years of doing yoga and self-inquiry this belief has loosened more and more and the result has been to have the ability to leave the body (pretty much) at will. It's not nearly as useful a tool as you might think though... I actually prefer residing fully in my body.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  10:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CarsonZi :-)

Sorry I wasnt clear. But what I meant was the ability to permanently leave the body, like consciously programming one's own death.

As for the out of body experiences, I have had them almost everytime I took a psychedelic. But the most intense and scary experience was when I had a vision of sorts during sleep without any drug. It was as if the most important aspect of what constituted 'me' was pulled a few meters over my body and was about to get disembodied any moment, and obviously, I panicked and woke up....

But these experiences dont mean I can astral project myself to death, do they? There's always something that stops you from shedding the body forever irrespective of what your intentions might be right?

Edited by - psysaucer on Jul 28 2015 10:22:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  10:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi psysaucer,

How could anyone ever know if someone/anyone was capable of permanently leaving the body? The only way of knowing that would be to permanently leave the body... and if you did that, how would you be able to tell another that you did... you're body is now dead.

No, I don't think you can astral project yourself to death but again that would have to be verified through experience and, well, that leaves you again in the same situation as above.

Sorry if this isn't particularly helpful.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  10:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
haha, in that case I supoose im just gonna have to go for it and try it out myself tonight

ill keep you guys updated if i failed or died trying :p

Edited by - psysaucer on Jul 28 2015 11:11:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  11:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are looking for something like the illusory, rainbow or light body.

This is beyond leaving the body, beyond astral travel.
Go to Top of Page

Truth Seeker

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi is that like nirvikalpa samadhi ? I thought that was when you leave the body and the body is for all intents and purposes dead and you can choose to go or come back? If so, i believe hariharananda could do that.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  2:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Incidentally, the sutra for leaving the body at will is: "Breath". So, if you use samyama as the technique for attaining that ability, mastery of the breath (life-force) is the way to go. Pick up and release, without forcing it.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  2:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Truth Seeker,

Samadhi is a much different than a light body. I don't doubt that hariharananda achieved Samadhi. I am not so sure he achieved a light body. That is something much more rare and not really as far as I know something that most yogis strive for. It is more of a Buddhist/Gnostic/Dao concept.

Edited by - jonesboy on Jul 29 2015 09:57:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Truth Seeker

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  3:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, thank you jonesboy, i didnt know that
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  04:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Still with us, Psysaucer?

Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2015 :  9:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes itis possible. especially if body is weak and already close to death. im not sure what it takes to do it in good health. i find astral projections are maintained by concentration. however im always pulled back. id imagine all it would take is not to get pulled back. but this for me isn't possible atm. whether it's karma or lack of concentration then im not sure
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2015 :  02:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In Sri M's book, he says that his past life used Kechari to end his life, of course under the guidance of Babaji.
Go to Top of Page

Tempest

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  4:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also interested in whether this is possible. I believe it is call mahasamadhi.

I am dubious, as a number of supposedly enlightened masters died painful deaths from cancer e.g. Ramakrishna and Ramana Maharsh. Surely if they knew they were dying slowly and painfully they would have left the body at will if they could have..
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  10:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps their mission was to teach patience and suffering. Vivekananda, on the other hand died when he was 33. So did Jesus.
Go to Top of Page

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  11:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt if Ramana or Ramakrishna or any enlightened master had any mission per se, least of all to teach patience and suffering. Maybe they just wanted to let things take their own natural course and not hinder that process in any way
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  11:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone with out of body experiences describe how it feels like? I mean, what can you 'do' or experience, when you are out?
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  4:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would also like to know, microcosm. There are a few accounts I've come across, one of the best is from the book Living with Kundalini. I managed to find it online:

I began to practice from the first week of December; for a number of days in addition to the marvelous extension of personality and absorption in the enrapturing conscious glow that I had experienced on the first day of the awakening, differing only in the colour of the radiance, I felt a sense of elation and power impossible to describe. It persisted through the day and in my dreams to the hour of practice, and was replenished again the next morning to last for another day. Astounded at the result of my effort, I increased the interval by beginning earlier, completely overpowered by the wonder and glory of the vision which, luring away my senses from the harsh world of mingled joy and pain, carried me to a supersensory plane where, caressed by lustrous waves of indescribable rapture, I found myself immersed in the boundless ocean of unconditioned being. It was indeed a marvelous experience, and I felt my hair literally stand on end when the stupendous vision wore its most majestic aspect. It seemed on every such occasion as if I or the invisible cognitive self in me, leaving its safe anchorage in the flesh, were carried by the strong outgoing tide of a lustrous consciousness towards an existence of such immensity and power as made everything I could conceive of on earth tame and trite in comparison: an existence where, untroubled by any idea of bondage or limitation, I found myself lost in an amazing immaterial universe so stupendous in extent, so sublime and marvelous in nature, that the human element still left in me, even when at the highest point of the experience, stared in amazement and trembled with awe at the mighty spectacle present before my internal eye.

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  6:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Microcosm,

You can do everything. See chakras, ride comets, the talk to divine being and a whole lot more.

Now why doesn't any tradition promote it? Lucid dreaming yes, astral travel no.

In lucid dreaming it is easier to understand that it is all self arising. Just like this world is self arising.

It is much harder to understand that all that one sees in the astral is impacted by ones depth. Because of that the astral is most often a trap.

The astral is what most see when the third eye is opened. I know people have amazing sight and because of that they think they are one of the most powerful people on the planet. I know others who think they have achieved the rainbow body because they see it in the astral.

None can send energy to others. None can touch and silence another's mind.

Yet in the astral they have incredible power.

They are trapped and will most likely never move past that stage. The hard truth is very few ever do.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  9:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by microcosm

Can someone with out of body experiences describe how it feels like? I mean, what can you 'do' or experience, when you are out?

you can do a lot. in terms of what it feels like..for me very vivid. like normal waking consciousness. happens when i find myself in sleep paralysis. i thought i had a towel stuck to my face the first time. if you do kriya/ayp likely your crown will be glowing aswell
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2015 :  8:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Concerning leaving the body via the Chakras. Yes it can be done, you exit via the crown.

It is certain practicing AYP will lead to this ability and that Yogani and likely Christie already know how.

There are other techniques, Hariharananda certainly new them and his school if followed will lead to this ability. It just comes to you once divine vibration, sound and light are well known.

They do not teach spinal breathing, but in order to exit you have to do a bit of mixing, Spinal breathing is necessary and it is done with a very high energy state being built up, it requires Kechari level 3, then you stay in the crown and survive the energies and ecstasies there. Before long it will take over.

Then you go into Nirvakalpa Samadhi, if you come back then you are meant to be here, if you do not then you are done. Caution should be taken here.

Been there, done that, know the how and the way but do not practice this on purpose.

Why? Because once you have you are fulfilled and the bigger thing is to take this into your daily life and grow from it.

Advanced beings do as they please and not being one, do not speak for the Sri Yukteswars, the Lahiri Mahsayas, Trilanga Swamis's the Lokanaths etc.. as they are so far beyond mortal comprehension as to be advanced alien life forms altogether compared to most of us myself included.

In the beginning it is said the creator was one and wished to be many and experience the creation so the creator became many and placed a certain Karma upon each of the individuals.

So our Karma is our portion of unique experience of the creation to bring back on our way back to unity once again.

When my time comes I hope everyone I know and care about are already gone so it will not be a thing where privacy has to be asked for, but in all honesty when it is time knowing the feel of what to do will make the exit rather simple with very little time even a moment should suffice as the exit will be coming on its own anyway.

Hardly much of an achievement though, every person dying can do the same thing, more impressive to live a good and loving life. More impressive to live in the ever unfolding now fully fulfilled but suspect when that is the case you are at the end of human incarnations maybe just a few left, if any.

Edited by - So-Hi on Aug 15 2015 8:32:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000