Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama : using inner silence recklessly ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  10:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I've been using Samyama for 2 months and at the end of the nine prayers, I sometimes add the names of persons I know who need to be heal. By the way, amazing feelings when doing this where we feel things are moving for us also

By the way, I told to myself that being into inner silence could also be helpful for other things.

Thus, I worked 2/3 times on feeling that I was repelling dark forces in/around me and got scary grasps (like being physically "touched" with waves of shivers on the whole body) that almost overwhelmed me but I overcame these assaults and stayed calm.

Last night, I tried to get in touch with a very old and legendary person known as being still alive and got something incredibly huge where I felt being pushed back with an amazing force and got out of inner silence almost immediately, almost shaking but OK.

Is this real or only my mind making up these reactions ?
Can these applications be considered as part of AYP or too bordeline/dangerous to be part of it ?

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  11:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Apkallu

Adding names with the intention of sending healing generally falls in line with AYP, as long as you are consistant with your core sutras.

Fighting off demons and/or communing with entities is a different practice altogether and not samyama at all. Yogani states in lesson 151:..."we don't want to get all wrapped up in flights of bhakti during the practice of samyama. We just easily pick up the sutra very faintly and let it go into silence. It is important not to favor flights of contemplation with the mind or rituals of worship during samyama. We can do that later. Samyama, like deep meditation, is a specific practice that we favor during the time we are doing it." In lesson 150 he says " samyama is what prayer is when taken to the deepest level of the Divine within us."

I'm not saying you shouldn't pursue what your guru advises, but that practice isn't samyama or an AYP practice.

All the best to you.
Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on May 11 2015 3:54:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  12:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Echoing what Dogboy said...

Make sure you have a peaceful, loving, and healthy relationship with your own ego (including your circle of friends, family, and work) before you start trying to commune across inner space with any cosmic beings. Core and cosmic samyama will take care of the prerequisite purification to make sure you have a solid foundation of inner silence and ecstatic bliss.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  3:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Apkallu,

Very cool on your experience. It seems like you are experiencing some deep silence and noticing deeper levels of energy/oneness.

It sounds like good things are happening and nothing to be afraid of.

Take care,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

PastMorning

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 13 2015 :  8:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Thus, I worked 2/3 times on feeling that I was repelling dark forces in/around me and got scary grasps (like being physically "touched" with waves of shivers on the whole body) that almost overwhelmed me but I overcame these assaults and stayed calm.

If you happen to be consistent enough with your practices and sticking to Yogani's suggestions, this could partly be the result of pacing. I find that whenever I get ahead of myself with practices, dealing with chaotic energies becomes more of an issue, so experiment with your session length as troubleshooting and see if that helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000