Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 intense fear awakening in the night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  06:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I get off to sleep ok but wake up sometime later with an awfull fear inn the solar plexus and cant get back to sleep.Ive stopped meditating for now,I also get some intense swaets with it at times.

My chinese tcm practitioner says its a male menopuause with some people getting worse symptoms than others ,so im not sure if its too much meditation orwhat she says. anyone else get it?

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  01:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

The solar plexus is supposed to the place that sort of 'gathers' all heavy emotions like fear, anxiety, and a whole lot of others. This helped me when I used this before... called 'cutting the connections'. Before sleeping gather all negative emotions at your solar plexus and in a chopping motion cut them off from yourself. See if this helps.
You might want to revisit how and what practices you're doing... could also be a cause of the solar plexus flutter.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  4:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Sadak, Ill try that
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2006 :  3:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

To me this occurs if I am doing too much meditating or pranayama & related mudras and is a sign to self-pace. I would probably choose to self-pace rather than to stop outright. If you aren't doing any spinal breathing pranayama, you might want to consider adding in 5 minutes, as it as it can smooth and spread the energy out.

I talked about this a while back in two threads, see my first post here and my second post in this thread.

I see an experience like this as a positive thing, it is my system clearing out the negative debris. It has been my experience that although it can be quite intense, relaxing into it and being present to it rather than mentally "running away" helps it to pass. There is nothing to fear but the fear itself, to me it is just energy being released and when it finishes releasing, like a roller-coaster ride, it will come to an end and you will feel better for it.

Good luck,

A
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  1:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Anthem
Snake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000