Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Have you experienced boundless pure consciousness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  12:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The state just fascinates me, and it's suppose to big a big milestone on the path to liberation too, since you then truly realize yourself as that oneness instead of just this personal life time.

So basically, my question is, how did it change you? How much of the bliss carried over into your daily life? How did it change your meditations? And how much years of practice did it take to experience it.

Love to you all.

Edited by - fusions on May 07 2015 7:22:00 PM

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  1:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi in a nut shell ,you forget the self but remember the self ,less bliss but more blissful,all is meditation and it was always there.much love .
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  07:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a back-and-forth for most of us fusion. And probably takes years to assimilate. Is it a radical change? From one point of view. From another POV, there was never any change at all.

Its like looking at the space between the letters in a book, vs looking at the letters.
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  10:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

It's a back-and-forth for most of us fusion. And probably takes years to assimilate. Is it a radical change? From one point of view. From another POV, there was never any change at all.

Its like looking at the space between the letters in a book, vs looking at the letters.

I honestly doubt it's 'a back and forth for most of us', yeah, we go back and forth on the path towards it but, correct me if I am wrong, actually surrendering your personal consciousness into the universal consciousness is suppose to be a huge milestone and one of the last. With the last steps indeed being letting that universal consciousness flow through you undisturbed.

Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  4:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
people here have gone into samadhi, and varying degrees of samadhi. however there is no one active on this board who has dropped his body and merged with god
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  7:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adishivayogi

people here have gone into samadhi, and varying degrees of samadhi. however there is no one active on this board who has dropped his body and merged with god

Actually, over the years, I'm sure quite a few have dropped their body haha.

No but, I surely belief there are a fair amount of people who have entered these states I just don't think 'most of us' is accurate.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  2:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

How would you know? You have to be One, to know One.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's helpful to understand it not as graduation to a magisterial level where you experience boundless pure consciousness, but as a simple correction ceasing a silly lifelong habit of pretending otherwise.

Boundlessness can only come to feel bounded by pretending. And one can get stuck in that pretending, just as we're enthralled by movies. Enjoy the movie, but remember it's not happening to you. Or, if you want, go ahead and forget and be enthralled, what the hell, It's fun and it's entertaining, and that, after all, is why we chose to go to the movies in the first place.

So either way, it's fine. But you don't need to pretend to be in agony just because the movie's plot shifts somewhere dark and dramatic-seeming.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 08 2015 6:34:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  06:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

It's helpful to understand...

and dramatic-seeming.

Ty, that sounds very wise and true. Can I ask; Have you 'attained' realization? Asking this so I might be able to direct my questions towards you, though of course everyone is free to answer.

Anyway, Can you experience every sense of human discomfort without any sense of suffering?

Do you experience life differently in the way that you have no thoughts, only knowing?

What is it like to feel and to know that boundlessness and yet to still be in this body? Are you feeling just the body like us or do you feel almost as if you are in another dimension also, so to speak.

(I know questions like this have been asked a lot and I know they have been answered in various books as well, and yes I am reading some of them at the moment ^^ :)
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  11:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Ty, that sounds very wise and true....

Can I ask; Have you 'attained' realization?

If what I said was truly recognized as wise and true, then the question would be seen as completely nonsensical.

quote:
Can you experience every sense of human discomfort without any sense of suffering?

We have no choice but to experience every sense of human discomfort. You're a human, so changing that is off the table. Have you ever had an inkling that certain forms of suffering might be optional? If so, then it's logical to suspect that ALL suffering might be optional.

quote:
What is it like to feel and to know that boundlessness and yet to still be in this body?

Experiences and feelings change. Things that change are unique to everyone. We're all viewing a slightly different movie. What's uniform (and staunchly un-changing) is the awareness which views.

Nearly everything we notice is changing - that's why we notice it; our perceptions and nervous systems are designed to make us engrossed (to the point of hypnosis) with that which changes. Nothing wrong with that; the drama and changingness are concocted for entertainment. Enjoy. But know that awareness never varies, and there's really nothing to talk about there. Awareness is simply aware. Period.

I've made a distinction between the unblinking, unchanging awareness you are and the exciting, dramatic movie you amuse yourself by pretending to be in. Feeling boundless and proclaiming enlightenment and such are all movie things. There's nothing wrong with pretending you're in a movie - it's fun! But if you feel an impulse to stop pretending - to stop being hypnotized by the movie - then it's not helpful to make a yoga movie.

If you get so lost in a horror movie that you genuinely feel yourself suffering, the move isn't to attempt to modify the movie, it's to realize you're the watcher, not the actor.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 09 2015 11:35:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  1:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim and His Karma I like this quote from your last post as it reminds me of an affirmation I learned years ago and practice to this day.

Part of the affirmation says "I am not this mind which beholds only change."

You said: "Nearly everything we notice is changing - that's why we notice it."

The affirmation: I am not this body which changes and passes away.
I am not this mind which beholds only change.
I am the immortal blissful soul ever one with
Thee.
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  1:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

quote:
If what I said was truly recognized as wise and true, then the question would be seen as completely nonsensical.

Why? Can I not recognize it as wise and true yet still wonder, for various reasons, if you are realized?

quote:
We have no choice but to experience every sense of human discomfort. You're a human, so changing that is off the table. Have you ever had an inkling that certain forms of suffering might be optional? If so, then it's logical to suspect that ALL suffering might be optional.

I didn't say nor ask if we could experience no discomfort.
To suspect, yes, I stil wonder if certain forms of pain for example could be completely seen as 'painless (i.e. no suffering).
So if you wish you could still answer it, do you never experience suffering with any sort of discomfort?

[quote]Experiences and feelings change. Things that change are unique to everyone. We're all viewing a slightly different movie. What's uniform (and staunchly un-changing) is the awareness which views.
But know that awareness never varies, and there's really nothing to talk about there. Awareness is simply aware. Period.

That doesn't answer my question though, you answer my question with 'feelings change', yet it is also said that Pure consciousness is pure bliss.

Edited by - fusions on May 09 2015 1:27:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  07:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's all scenery. Any and all experience is scenery. They are simply altered states of consciousness that should be confused with anything significant.

Awakening is a more concrete thing. It's finding that x is really x , in effect it is far more grounded because it no longer includes the distortion of wild emotion. A rope becomes a rope and not a snake. The world as it is, without voodoo or superstition. Peaceful.

As for dropping bodies-well, without a body there can be no container for consciousness and without consciousness there can be no life force, then there will be no mechanism with which to sense the universe. Man is infinite right here and right now.

However that's not to say you shouldn't ride on the Ferris wheel just don't get too thinking the Ferris wheel is a magical device allowing the world to be viewed in some different way than it really is. The Ferris wheel is just a construction of metal and coloured lights which has suspended you above ground height by means of entirely rational rules of physics. The viewpoint, though unusual, isn't anything but a change in perspective. What's more it's fun, but it isn't permanent.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  08:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BillinL.A.

I am not this body which changes and passes away.
I am not this mind which beholds only change.
I am the immortal blissful soul ever one with
Thee.

I am not the body - or I would be potatoes and brussels sprouts
I am not the mind - or I would be words and tunes
I am joy, limitless joy, luminous unending bliss - except there is no "I"...
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  09:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
As for dropping bodies-well, without a body there can be no container for consciousness and without consciousness there can be no life force, then there will be no mechanism with which to sense the universe.

Consciousness has a mental body as well and can experience physical and non physical reality through it, but the physical is picked up to experience life in a specific way. But you are far more than this body.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  1:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I am joy, limitless joy, luminous unending bliss - except there is no "I"..."

So lovely Blanche.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  1:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fusions

quote:
Originally posted by karl
As for dropping bodies-well, without a body there can be no container for consciousness and without consciousness there can be no life force, then there will be no mechanism with which to sense the universe.

Consciousness has a mental body as well and can experience physical and non physical reality through it, but the physical is picked up to experience life in a specific way. But you are far more than this body.

Reality is what we experience through consciousness. Consciousness has no body, if it did it would not be consciousness and would require consciousness to experience it. It's similar to the question of God as the creator. If God created the universe then who created God ? If the answer is that nobody, then there is no reason to assume that anything was required to create the universe.

Being far more than a body is dependent on how you define the body. If you are talking about a hunk of unconscious meat, then we are more than that, but in terms of a capsule in which consciousness resides then to say 'we are more than that' is untrue. We are capable of consciously experiencing the entire universe from this capsule, even our bodies are composed of the same stuff the universe is composed. We are also capable of infinite imagination. In other words the body does not provide any limitation beyond the physical.

Edited by - karl on May 10 2015 1:28:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  12:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

quote:

How would you know? You have to be One, to know One.

I'm quite sure there are no disembodied saints posting on an Internet form
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  6:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have to drop the body permanently to merge with God? You know that you "drop the body" in the way to samadhi - but your words suggest a permanent dropping-of-the-body...

Could one recognize a saint/eliberated one, without being one himself/herself? Without being one, one would have to judge based on the saint's words. Is it possible to know from knowledge (words) the same way you know from experience? Are there limits to enlightenment?

Thanks for playing!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  8:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  06:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000