Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 My kundalini awakening so far, and some questions.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MoonlitMist

Portugal
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  12:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Forum! :D Thank you for having me here, thank you for reading. I hope everyone's having a good day so far.

Well, first I may introduce myself. I thought I would start with my story so far.

I'm a male, 23 years old. For about 4 years now fires have been blazing trails through me, and they are endowed with the strength of Suns and the shine of silver.

I'm also a vegetarian- since I was a baby never have I eaten meat at all. Never fish or eggs.

At the beggining when it hit me I was in total despair, I feel bad saying it now, but that is what happens. I did not know what was happening to me. Almost overnight my body changed. I had changed. I was not in control of myself anymore. But little did I know, something else was. It was something called KUNDALINI.

I absolutley resisted this, with fear. I tried eating better, but foods were of no help. Tai chi was no help either. Urine therapy, nothing.

There were days I could not get out of bed even. I was like an old man! I took my blood pressure at a class one time and I had hypertension! My blue eyes were shining bright, people would frequently ask me if I was high with marijuana or other drugs. My ears vibrated with the sounds of 1000 crickets.

I said to myself, well, at least I have emotions, right? Yet in the middle of all this, it did not strike me I was going through something wonderful. I had been blessed with a good sense of humor since I was young. I was quick to laugh! I was reading a lot of different religions- Buddhism, Taoism, I was even reading psychology. I also was doing Tai Chi, Yoga, learning about the body.

Nonetheless, I thought "I am in a good mood because I am young, but obviously something's wrong with me at the same time".

My eyes had and still have red veins, my voice was loud and I desired answers.

The kundalini itself somehow managed to teach me how to live with it, and for about one year I lived in relative peace. It guided me to take cold showers, to take the right supplements like Zinc and Magnesium, like by magic. But it never went away completely.

It was not but many years later that I learned about kundalini syndrome. And it all clicked! This is totally what I have. I just knew it. I was happy there were people with an open mind- not many in comparison to society, but plenty they were.

However, I did not read TOO much into it. Strange, I know, but I was too deep in spirituality and all that. All that I knew was that there was something called kundalini and if you had it, you would feel hot and all. That's all I needed to know at the time, and I never thought much more about it (I did think frequentely about just that piece of information). Now that I think of it, that was weird, I should have researched it a lot more!

The ocean is never still. As you are standing on the sands near the water, a wave gently comes and touches your feet, and it goes back, receding into the sea. And again this happens, up, and down. There comes a time that the tide starts rising, but even as the tide rises, the waves still come, and go, up, and down... In this manner has the kundalini been rising in our bodies, for those of us who are awakening. Sometimes, your body does not even feel the waters are rising, as the physical progress is all so slow, all looks the same, always the same. All the body knows is that it is wet. But if you look at it spiritually, you will understand that you are growing, as you see more and more you are being immersed. Spiritually you also look at your mind, and look! The growth indeed comes with ups and downs all the same. Sometimes you have all the answers, then you find you have been wrong, and the ride recedes, but you are always growing.

As my kundalini has been rising slowly, but surely, I haven't noticed the changes much on my body per se (but definitely yes on my spiritual understanding!), it looked as if I was always on the same stage, but about a month ago, a big wave has came! It has been rising all this time, in retrospect I can see it. But this one I couldn't miss. Believe it or not (can't believe I'm saying this) but it was on a friday the 13th that it happened (in March). Right before the solar eclipse of March 20. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm telling you.

And AGAIN I have done the SAME error! I went into despair. This kundalini syndrome thing didn't come into my mind at all! I was again thinking my body was just weak, haha. And I was thinking, something like, it could be a test to my personality, but I was looking at it from fear. But luck was it that about 3 days afterwards, I was browsing around some spiritual websites and the kundalini syndrome matter came up and I recognized it, I calmed down immediately. My memory failed me hehe.

Now I am still kind of rocked but I'm hanging on! I have been having some heat in my lower back at time, my eyes are still red, I have a huge "buddha" belly (even tho I am reasonably fit) and I occasionally feel weakness but I am enduring... for now, that is!

I decided to search more about kundalini and what is REALLY was. NOW I understand the gist of the matter.

So the kundalini is usually "coiled" in the root chakra. But for some people, as myself, it starts to go up the spine, until it comes out of the crown chakra, and a person experiences enlightenment.

Ok, so this is pretty much the stage I am in now and I felt I should share this, so I have!

This may have been fated all the while. Incidentally, my parents have traveled all through India for many many years.

I have some questions by the way, some may be able to help me out with some comments!
My questions are:
1. For people who are not professional yogis or anything, have you been able to determine WHERE exactly is your kundalini at a given time?
For example, I am feeling a blockage in my throat and I have noticed some changes in my voice since the 13th of March, so I am thinking that my kundalini is in my throat chakra. I would like to be able to know out of curiosity.

2. Do you think it is possible to gauge more or less WHEN will your kundalini awakening be complete? Out of curiosity.
For example, for people who have this and that it passed, did you know more or less, "Ok, I am almost over with my experience", or did you have no idea?

Thank you all for reading. Have a good day everybody who read this!

Best regards to everybody. :D

MoonlitMist

Edited by - MoonlitMist on Apr 19 2015 1:17:44 PM

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  3:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello MoonlitMist, welcome!

To answer your questions (1) you answered yourself; you felt it in your throat, it's in your throat clearing blockage, "purification" as it is referenced here. In reality it's coursing through your entire system, it's just you notice where it's most active. As far as question (2) it is my understanding that kundalini is ongoing, there is no completion per se. At times it has differing qualities in sensation and intensity, at times blissful, at times edgy, at times not much at all.

You may consider beginning a meditation practice as this will aid you in understanding and relating to your active kundalini. By residing in Inner Silence, you are in touch with the Source of it all and in turn it will prepare your neurobiology for the further changes you face along your path. There is a wealth of information and tools here at AYP to assist you. Thanks for sharing on the forum .
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  7:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

MoonlitMist

Portugal
5 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  4:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies! I am glad for the support.

Yes, I think I see what you mean. Kundalini will never go away now. I am thinking it's like a bridge that connects two worlds together. I was on the "normal" world, and I happened to end up on this bridge. But the bridge is falling behind me and there's no way I can jump over the gap and go back now. The only way "out" is forward to a new world! Which may be in some ways like the old one, yes, but it is also different.

An update: I think that the kundalini is in my throat chakra indeed. I don't know much about chakras and whatnot, but I have been experiencing things that have to do with expressing myself and I have been talking to myself (thinking, basically) more. So indeed it may be right. And I still feel a sort of lump in my throat.

I have not been doing meditation, but I do do some things that may be similar. I have been doing Zhan Zhuang (Standing exercises) sometimes, I also plan to start doing Trataka again. I have been thinking about my life too, I think that has been helpful. Sometimes I can't stop thinking, especially when in bed, I keep going on and on about spiritual themes, but I am able to sleep after a while.

I have been trying to ground myself, but should I look into throat chakra exercises? What about Trataka, it is a brow chakra exercise, but for some reason, I find it to be really helpful. Any comments on that? Trataka also is supposed to help you focus, yet it is not a grounding exercise. Interesting how that is. Explanations are welcome! :D

I also sometimes want to do breathing exercises (6 healing sounds, alternate nostril breathing, bee breath) and Balayam (I just think it's cool) but I have heard that breathing exercises are not to be done with kundalini, and balayam I assume not to do as well, because it is said it will raise blood pressure (something that can get out of hand very easily!).

Any more advices, please, let me hear them.

I do not meditate because I can't really sit in that posture, with the legs crossed. So instead of meditating in a chair, I may as well do trataka, I guess?

Thanks everybody once again. All of your replies are appreciated!

Edited by - MoonlitMist on May 04 2015 4:32:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  5:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Moonlitmist,

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you are going through quite a lot. It also sounds like you are doing pretty well under the circumstances.

I can concur with Dogboy, it sounds like kundalini is working on purifying your throat chakra. That will continue for a while and then it will change and the purification will take on another form.

When kundalini first awakens it is very common to start to think: "will this practice help me, or that practice, or something else"? By doing this you could put together a kind of mix of practices, one which does one thing and one another. Will it help? Maybe, or maybe not. The chances are that you could just as easily make your situation worse rather than better.

Fortunately there are people who have already been through a kundalini awakening, and have done the long-term experimenting on what works and what doesn't work. They have actually been through a lot of pain whilst finding out what didn't work. The main lessons on this website were written by Yogani who has been through a kundalini awakening, and the lessons are his advice on what to do which he was able to put together after many years of experimentation.

My advice would be to read the lessons. They start here. There is a great deal of explanation in the lessons of what kundalini is and how it works and how we can manage it in a fruitful and beneficial way. There are also a lot of practices given, more than you are likely to need in order to complete the journey of kundalini.

In answer to a few of your questions:

1. You can practice pranayama with an awakened kundalini, you just have to keep an eye on how the energies are moving in your body and be ready to adapt your spiritual practices accordingly.

2. It is not true that when kundalini reaches the crown chakra you will become enlightened. There is still a way to go after that.

3. You know when kundalini is nearing completion because everything becomes very quiet and still and bliss-filled and radiant. You will be literally dripping ecstasy.

When kundalini is active, it is normal for thoughts to become frequent and strong for a while. This is caused by obstructions being released in the subtle nervous system. It is also normal to find that your thoughts become more elevated and spiritual when the higher chakras are being cleansed.

Meditation is really the key to managing a spiritual awakening. If you cannot sit cross-legged there are other ways you can sit, including astride a zafu (meditation cushion), or on a kneeling seat or in a chair.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

MoonlitMist

Portugal
5 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  10:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi! Thanks for the answer! :D

Following your advice I have tried to read the lessons, and the meditation given was really awesome!

Allow me to share the story since this.

I tried it the first time and I noticed I felt more peaceful. But I was busy with school the later days, so I was doing it in the bus and train. Lol, I think I may have done hours of meditation in those days! But I was kind of dispersed with it all due to school. I managed to gather myself after a few days...

Then I realized the advice to do it twice a day, for 20 minutes each, and I have managed to follow that for the past few days!

When I meditate I get really tired afterwards! Night or day this happens. I lay down in the bed for about 5 minutes, or even 10, in the first times, which left me feeling good, because as you guys would agree, kundalini sometimes does not let you sleep. (I had a real hard time sleeping and slept little a few years ago, I didn't know how to manage it.) As of late I don't have to lie down that much anymore, about 3-5 minutes now! But I have only done it for a few days, it will be interesting to see further changes! :D

So it has been really positive, and also, I was feeling really happy yesterday after my meditation! At the night it seems to make more of an effect so far.

I can't control my thoughts for the 20 minutes, I loose the mantra a good couple of times. I will surely keep on trying it, it is inspiring to have this goal. And to dream of being able to achieve such great stillness! Hehe.

I am loving it, and the lessons I read so far have given good insights.

I will report back in a week or so, I am excited to see how will I be feeling after more time of doing the meditation!

Any comments, I am all ears.

Thanks everyone for reading, have a great day to everyone who read this!

Edited by - MoonlitMist on May 14 2015 11:30:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP meditation is all about building your spiritual vessel so that it can withstand the turbulence of purification en route to enlightenment eventually. It is very important that you take time in building a solid foundation, and that you allow yourself to stablize before adding to your practice, months at a minimum! Sounds as if you are off to a great start . Allow your Bhakti (spiritual desire) to grow, but keep it on a leash!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  11:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Moonlitmist,

Welcome to the forum! I wish you all the best on your journey to the inner silence. Don't be in a hurry, there is plenty of time. Be where you are, if there are questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  12:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello MoonlitMist
Welcome to AYP

quote:
Originally posted by MoonlitMist
I can't control my thoughts for the 20 minutes, I loose the mantra a good couple of times.

Losing the mantra is part of the process. That is good meditation you are describing there. You should certainly not strain, nor cling to the mantra. Have you noticed how often Yogani uses the word "easy"?
"Easily pick up the mantra"
"be easy about it"
That "easy" word it very important.

Enjoy your practice!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 14 2015 12:09:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

MoonlitMist

Portugal
5 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  2:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello to everyone!

Some updates for all who are interested in kundalini topics!

I did the meditation for a couple of days in a row, 20 minutes after waking up and in the evening, before interaction with the world.

It helped, I was getting a lot of benefits as far as concentration and whatnot! I always felt tired afterwards for a few minutes, so I had to lay down, I was finding it enjoyable. The problem is that I was starting to develop a intense heat (in my day to day life, not while meditating specifically. I could start and end a meditation session without the heat troubling me). I ignored it for a few days but it got to a point where I couldn't keep it up, so I stopped, and the heat went away. (I was having intense heat flashes, which made me feel, well, ungrounded is a way to describe it). But at the same time I had in some aspects more physical strength while I was meditating, so I was sad I had to stop doing it, also I got a little busy with school, but now I am thinking, maybe I shouldn't do it that much? Maybe if I did it for 10 or for 5 minutes it would be better?

I also tried once meditating WITHOUT a mantra, but I was getting so hot (during meditation), I had to stop doing it, lol. I only lated about 13 minutes. Definitely with the "I am" mantra works better for me.

I am still trying to make meditation work, I haven't given up on the idea unless I have to, because I think it is cool, so some tips and advices are welcome.

I will try doing something else to balance the kundalini in the meanwhile, I am jogging every other day now usually, sometimes every second day if I am busy, for one hour each time, and that helps a lot too.

I have to go check out some grounding yoga poses, I do some zhang zhuang poses which is similar tho. I may do more Tai Chi as well.

Lately it has been more of a challange to balance this! Haha. But I am not complaining so far at all!!

But please, more advices and guiadance is welcome, to everything, I promise to listen to them all and try them out for a reasonable amount of time and I will try to make them work.

Thanks for reading everyone, I hope there are more people going through this process and finding balance little by little as me! :D

Thanks to all for the help so far.

Best regards,
MoonlitMist

Edited by - MoonlitMist on May 31 2015 11:03:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  12:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MoonlitMist

You are getting some kundalini symptoms out of your meditation.

quote:
maybe I shouldn't do it that much? Maybe if I did it for 10 or for 5 minutes it would be better?
Yes, find the length of time that is sustainable for you and keep that daily routine going. Stopping and starting again is not so good.

I suggest trying 10 minutes twice a day. If that is good for a couple of weeks (no uncomfortable heat), then you can try 15 minutes, see if you can sustain that. On the other hand, if 10 minutes is still too much, you can either cut back further or try a lighter form of meditation (breath focused).

Let us know how you get on.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2015 :  11:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I did the meditation for a couple of days in a row, 20 minutes after waking up and in the evening, before interaction with the world.

Maybe if I did it for 10 or for 5 minutes it would be better?

Take your time, start with 5 or 10 minutes, if that works for you, keep that time for a period.
Important is twice every day. Built a fundament. As simple as possible, just sit and watch or feel the breath. If you are completely comfortable for a couple of weeks, or better months, then take the next step.
Step by step, no need to hurry, there is plenty of time...
Go to Top of Page

Lux

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  09:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

2. It is not true that when kundalini reaches the crown chakra you will become enlightened. There is still a way to go after that.

Hey there Christi,

Just wondered what do you mean by "There is still a way to go after that" ???

I thought after Kundalini had risen to Sahasrara you were enlightened / free from the circle of birth and death..

My question is: What is the way to go after raising the kundalini to the sahasrara until enlightment takes place ?

Ive read quite a few books already even read a bit about theosophy and the whole Eon/Arconte theory..that you become one of them after raising kundalini to the sahasrara..

Go to Top of Page

MoonlitMist

Portugal
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  5:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello!

Time for some updates! :D

Thanks a lot to everyone who has replied. I have been doing the AYP meditation, thing is, I've only been doing it once a day for 10 minutes, in the morning. However that is enough for me, for now, at least. I then have to lie down for 10 minutes, which is really relaxing!

I have refrained for doing it more than that, although I may still give it a shot soon, now I have more free time as well.

I've been doing pretty well in the meanwhile, but something interesting happened, which I am going to share, I hope someone will find it interesting as well. I had been running a lot, for one hour every other day. (That is, day 1 I run, day 2 I do not, day 3 I run, and so on.) But unfortunately I fell down and had a injurty (foot swelling), so I have not been running now for 8 days, which feels like an eternity. When I stopped, I was feeling REALLY badly! I mean, I was in a bad mood, and I was also more tired. My hot flushes were also really bad! I tried to swim for one hour or take long walks, or doing tai chi, which helped, but man. I was still feeling pretty down. I don't know how is it like to have a drug withdrawal, but I think it is similar. I say this because after a few days of not running, it actually got better! Haha. Now I feel more normal again. I mean, I would perfer to be able to run as before, but my mood has improved! I think it was the time it took for my brain to get used to it! WOW, super interesting, right? Here is an link which talks about this as well:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/exer...6754110.html

Now I am eagerly waiting for my foot swelling to heal, but I've also doing things like Zhan Zhuang which is helping! :D So that is basically my report so far, body-wise.

I also have a comment about Lux's question.
That is a really good question! I've been meaning to ask that myself, but then I forgot. I have tried thinking about it, and I have an analogy which may be food for thought. Let's say that one has no house and has been living in a car. (Car= lower chakra.) One may improve in life and buy a house! (House= higher chakra.) Really good right? Well, yes!, but also, the house may be in need of a remodelling (may have mold on the walls), and the person may need to buy furniture and all. So the person can't sleep on the floor, I mean, that may be even worse than in the car! (At least until you get used to it, some people like to sleep on the floor hehe.) So when the kundalini gets to the crown chakra, it still may need to clean that chakra up, or, your body will need to get used to it, for a while. Then it will definitely be better! But I am no expert at all, some people even say that the kundalini goes THROUGH your crown chakra, I am still a little confused about that. More clarification would be quite welcome. Thanks for your question Lux, it's a great one, let's wait for some answers now.

About the benefits of having the kundalini there, well, I don't really know about that, but I can speculate about that too. Let's think about pleasure, there are many kinds of it. Let's think about some things that wake your body and brain up in a positive way (including things that cause side effects at the same time). There's sports, drugs, sex, extreme things like bungee jumping, and so forth. If you do any one of these for a long time, you will probably start to getting "bored" of it. It will not give that strong of a feeling anymore. And then you will need to take a "tolerance break", so your body forgets the pleasure and you will enjoy it more! The shock involved with adventure also awakens your brain. Like riding a car really fast or skydiving. But these, too, will pass. For example, horror movies. The first one was really scary, and when you got back from the theater, seeing a innocent spider made your vision really sharp! But the more of these movies you see, the less scary it becomes, right? So, you can see the trend. More or less, you can see that in general, pleasure or adventure alike, your body and brain get familiar with it and it all fades to normality sooner or later. But in the case of a kundalini awakening, that is not quite so. It is an exception! There are some people who say that they have had a kundalini awakening for 30 years now. And it is only getting more intense. With kundalini, the longer you have it, the more your brain responds to it, and there's always more pressure, there's always a newer and harder challenge, the more you are prompted to integrate it! It literally keeps rising. There can be no rest. So it is a cool difference! A difference in time, at least, but interesting how that works. So I don't doubt that kundalini is a really special energy and feeling, biologically speaking at least. There isn't much to compare it to I can think of! (Love for another is a valid comparison to think about, but that may be a discussion best left for another time! For the purpose of this post I will leave it out, also since all of this was just to prove a point anyway, and not a 100% detailed discussion, but more like for food for thought!) Anyway following this line of thought, it is possible that there is a benefit to having a kundalini rising, because if it were not important for the body, the body would soon become desensitized to it. So what are the specific benefits when all of this is done? Hmm, I don't know, but it is sure interesting to think about it! Hehe. I hope this was a good brainstorming, tho.

I will report back later when there are updates, thank you for reading forum, and a good day to everybody!

MoonlitMist

Edited by - MoonlitMist on Jul 27 2015 8:01:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000