Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra sound: Opposite sex's vs my "own"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  10:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In the past the mantra has sounded feminine and its just as true now as it was then, in that it brings with it greater awakening. I get turned on. If I go back to the mantras sound without meaning, is having this feminine verbalization of iam still legitimate practice?

How about if it begins to moan and groan and sound hot and heavy?

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  01:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
has this happened to anyone? I can't be the only one!
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  07:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't say this has happened to me, but it is normal for various experiences to come up during the course of meditation. The practice is simply to return to the mantra whenever we notice our attention is elsewhere. If we notice a feminine sound, we turn our attention from this thought back to the mantra; if we get aroused, we turn our attention back to the mantra.

It sounds like there is purification of some kind going on, and we do not necessarily need to work out why things happen a certain way, or indeed if others have had the same experience. As a matter of curiosity, it can be interesting to know, and there might be some perceived comfort in knowing others have experienced the same. But as far as the practice is concerned, this knowing is not necessary.

Hope this helps in some way :)
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  08:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This does happen to me, although it didn't in the beginning, and I highly doubt this observation is of something rare. Like you, I also ask myself whether this could be a deviation from the simple mantra instructions, especially since the motivation to shift its polarity to (in my case) the opposite sex is not done on purpose but just happens, and so trying to avoid doing so seems like another deviation or extra layer that doesn't need to be there either. Perhaps it is one of many things that can arise over time which runs its course as it should as long as there's no 'extras' to it, such as pushing it away, favoring it, and even noticing it. I tend to call it a polarity, a contrast of opposites, and it is there even in asanas. This makes it dynamic due to its flow, and so by its nature motivating action. If that is applied as in bhakti or devotion then it sounds to be along the same lines as the in lesson descriptions of 'sitting on the log to cut that very log.'
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  08:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The advice from Compassion is spot on; it's an interesting phenomenon but scenery none the less and nothing to delve into or manipulate. I believe as we purify and advance our interior identities become more androgynous in many ways. Perhaps this is a quality of that, perhaps not; it is certainly worth a smile
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  6:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks. its since returned to "my" sound.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  12:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like Goddess Shakti playing with you

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000