AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Unity During Group Sessions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  7:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently, I have noticed some lovely scenery during meditation and samyama. It occurs with several friends I have been meditating with for a couple years now. We meet about once a week. Today was one of our days, and I felt unity in a strikingly particular way.

Basically, my friend was sitting only a few feet away from me, and with closed eyes (easily favoring the mantra), I could sense his presence merging with me in vast stillness. What's so amazing is that it felt like he was a million miles away, while somehow being right next to me (and part of me). The subtle sensation so encapsulates the paradoxical language often used in spirituality. His individuality remained in tact, but I could sense us both stretching into the vastness of unity.

The sensation was mostly coming through the third eye, then becoming whole within the heartspace. When this happens, all I can think is: more, more, more...give me more. It's just so fantastic, sublime and pure.

Anyone have this kind of paradoxical sensation in which someone seems a million miles away, yet right beside/within you?

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  06:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had the opposite (more common). Someone miles away can be right beside me.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  07:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Bodhi,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful scenery.

For me it was the other way around. I was expanding and million miles away, but in a way also magnetically in the third eye connected in the room and with Love melted and emerged with that person. After that meditation we hugged and the touching of my hand on his back, I still can feel that touching. That was TOUCHING
I feel this with one person, I wonder if that is happening because we have both the ability, although we never spoke about it.( there is no need for speaking)
I can emerge with that person also if we are not in the same room or the same place, that happens sometimes in the night. Unconditional love, pure cosmic?
It is indeed fantastic and pure and not personal.

If I meditate with a group, or in shavasana after yoga class I have the feeling of radiating pure love from the heart and hopefully that happens

When I meditate by myself I can feel the big expansion and at the same time the small me....neti neti, not this, not that......language can not describe it.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  4:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I have had the opposite (more common). Someone miles away can be right beside me.

Awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

When I meditate by myself I can feel the big expansion and at the same time the small me....neti neti, not this, not that......language can not describe it.

True. Words are just faint glimmers of That. Glad you have an intimate connection with Source as well as the person you mentioned.

Thank you both for chiming in.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000