New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  12:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
More thoughts on learning to cultivate an inward smile. What is called the half-smile here. This is almost mandatory at some point on the spiritual path. It is a gift. Universe gifts us with the divine awareness which realizes those who suffer are ME. Similarly those who rejoice are ME as well. For those who are experiencing troubles, maybe all we can do is allow a stream of divine embrace to flow out, a welcome, and soothing calm connecting all of everything together. Service and sacrifice when the opportunity presents and the divine moves us to respond. We are aware that it is the divine moving in us, and therefore no credit to our individual selves. It is said that good karma attaches to illusion just as readily as bad karma. That is only if we are identifying as the doer of our actions. When we know it is the divine within invigorating our response, we see the whole supporting itSelf. As opposed to an individual acting to perform a good deed. I think Sunyata recently expressed basically the same thing in another topic.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  12:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Universe gifts us with the divine awareness which realizes those who suffer are ME. Similarly those who rejoice are ME as well.

Strong insight. I concur.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  08:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, this reply must be a relief to your heart So-Hi , it sounds to me as your very own self-inquire,

quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi
That feeling of alienation is not an easy one.

My self-inquire tells me the feeling of alienation is the same as the illusion of separateness, and that is the reason for the suffering of all human beings. Others may see this differently.

Writing this down in these simpel words, took me many years of self-inquire, self-inquire was an important tool in my yoga practice. Guru inside me was my pen and with every story in my journalI I came to the same conclusion, I am feeling alone / an alien and why is that?

One day life became the practice and the practice became life, which is these days.

Aloneness lesson 392 of Yogani spells is out in beautiful wording, the issue of us all, I have read that lesson many times and it says it all to me, thats why I know the number of the lesson without looking.

We are all alone and we are seeking outside for divine love, we want to merge, become that divine love and we seek that in the other. The only place we will ever find this divine love is inside ourselves, and until we are completely united, we will have this deep graved longing, this desire.

Practicing yoga will lead us to bhakti, devotion, devotion for the inner Self or an Ishta, we know that we have to look inside, receive glimpses but still it is not fully embodied.

We have to practice and live the practice, we can not force results, because the way is at the same time the destination, herenow.

Every step this body/mind takes at this moment is under the magnifying glass of the observer of life, life happens, the only thing I can do is follow.

Observing that I am feeling irritable and alienated again, I know I am back in the vrittis of patanjali again.....let it go in silence, samyamastyle.

Very irritable with a headache in resistance to myself I ranted this on this AYPforums, because you all are the only ones I can talk to like this. Dear friends, You all became part of this self-inquire mirror, this way I am learning from You all and this makes me humble and grateful.

Now I let this alienation issue dissolve in silence again......

Namasté

Love, Radiance, Unity

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 27 2016 08:34:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  08:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes we agree the words are a little different but it is the same. The things you point out like the breath for example are well said and clear up the clumsiness of my writing.

The point you clear up about practices and being present is also appreciated making things more clear for others to understand.

Thank you for the help.

quote:

Good post So-Hi. If agreement is offered, you may wish to point out that I have failed to understand. That is accepted. I probably don't understand. Nevertheless having read your opinion, I can appreciate it and perhaps offer a slightly different point of view.

Just living being present is better than practices. In time practices will lead to simply being present. BUT I see no drawback in continuing enjoyable practices once that is realized. And practices certainly do not necessarily lessen one's ability to live being present. Unless there are feelings of superiority due to one's perceived state of accelerated evolution. One may be happy and satisfied about one's progress without feeling superior. That, however, may be easier said than done. Who are we to judge? As you seem to say, those who live every day to the best of their ability are sometimes doing better than we..... who may judge ourselves superior or happier or more balanced or whatever. The disadvantage of feeling superior is that it emphasizes an imaginary separation, i.e., there is no division and therefore nothing to be superior to.

"Learn to enjoy the perfection in the hideous imperfection and cultivate an inward smile otherwise you will be miserable." For me, this is only half the picture. We all know there are unspeakably horrible things happening (mostly to others), are we to attempt to distance ourselves and be unmoved by their plight? Are we to pretend they don't exist? Are we to say - they don't concern me - therefore my part in all this is to cultivate inner silence and remain unmoved, so it will not upset and disturb my harmony how others are obviously quite vulnerable to hideous imperfection? If we justify or rationalize hideous aspects of reality, don't we sweep it under the carpet where it can never be addressed or helped?

Yes, of course I should be concerned with mitigating my own suffering, and perhaps that peace will have a good enough effect on others. There seems to be a balance in all this. We maintain our own peace yet silently send healing and upliftment to others. That is not to say we are enjoying the perfection, but only that we are perhaps being all that we can be, given the totality of circumstances involved. Nevertheless, I would caution in using the idea of karma for justification of unspeakably corrupt and ruthless protocols.

There are requirements (our physiology demand these) and there are addictions (our physiology and/or psychology likes these but can do without them). "Honestly the very act of drawing breath is spiritual there is nothing about our existence that is not." I do not agree. It is only our awareness which is spiritual. It is our awareness which spiritualizes everything. Our breath is just a common occurrence, nothing special, it is our awareness of it that imparts the spiritualization or sanctification. Our awareness of the suffering of others may serve to spiritualize hideous imperfection - in a way. But only if we separate ourselves out from the equation, which we know is the product of illusion.

"..if you would see the unity you already have, there is no place to look outside of yourself or the outside of others but rather within." This would be a seeming paradox. In looking outside of ourselves or to the exterior of others, are we not also looking at ourselves? There is no separation, so everywhere we gaze we are looking at ourselves. The inside and outside are the same; it is the false dividing perception which fosters illusion. Ultimately it is all one. Nevertheless, it is our awareness of the essential truth which calms, perfects and heals.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  08:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
YES!, YES! YES!

quote:

More thoughts on learning to cultivate an inward smile. What is called the half-smile here. This is almost mandatory at some point on the spiritual path. It is a gift. Universe gifts us with the divine awareness which realizes those who suffer are ME. Similarly those who rejoice are ME as well. For those who are experiencing troubles, maybe all we can do is allow a stream of divine embrace to flow out, a welcome, and soothing calm connecting all of everything together. Service and sacrifice when the opportunity presents and the divine moves us to respond. We are aware that it is the divine moving in us, and therefore no credit to our individual selves. It is said that good karma attaches to illusion just as readily as bad karma. That is only if we are identifying as the doer of our actions. When we know it is the divine within invigorating our response, we see the whole supporting itSelf. As opposed to an individual acting to perform a good deed. I think Sunyata recently expressed basically the same thing in another topic.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  08:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

We are all alone and we are seeking outside for divine love, we want to merge, become that divine love and we seek that in the other. The only place we will ever find this divine love is inside ourselves, and until we are completely united, we will have this deep graved longing, this desire.

Strong. This seeing itself was a great relief here. If I'm looking for anything or anyone outside to fulfill me then there is still a place in me that needs to be purified (loved and embraced). I go back to this again and again.

The outside adds to the joy that is already experienced.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  09:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Sunyata

Love can only grow and to feel irritable and alienated can also be hormonal
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  09:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

@ Sunyata

Love can only grow and to feel irritable and alienated can also be hormonal

LOL...yep those hormones!
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog, no self inquiry performed on purpose.

My practices have however moved more into, including the heart. With this some changes and as can be seen some stuff being released in the form of writing, triggered by your writing.

Amazing the tensions carried inside and released when the ongoing process purification demands.

Oh and do you know how to make a hormone????

~ Don't pay ~ ow, ow, ow couldn't resist! At least I didn't bring up the "m" word again. Pretty sure I am not looking for hot blonds and red sports cars.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jun 27 2016 1:13:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  3:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote So-Hi
quote:
Oh and do you know how to make a hormone????

This body does and I will not try and bother anyone to explain here
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  3:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

At least I didn't bring up the "m" word again.

So-Hi,

Have you heard of mansuration? It's real. Worse than the "m" word.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 27 2016 3:51:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  01:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

... if you watch without watching you will see new dimensions in those around you unfolding and get caught by surprise wondering hey where did that come from were they always possessed of that knowledge, that heart , that soul or are the things I am bringing back with me somehow being gifted to them?

Here is a bigger question.

Am I changing and now able to perceive what was right in front of me all along am I now seeing the spiritual being my husband, wife, children etc... truly are for the first time. have I been so blind as not to see what was before me and so incapable of true perception that even now I am only getting glimpse as per my ability?

I rather think it is not one way or the other but then again I like the idea of giving and being in control as all givers are and do, which is why those who receive without genuine need often feel uneasy but I rather think that the later rather than the former is more truthful at-least in my case.

But what if the later has another dimension? what if the practices are really not allowing us to see more? What if the practices are actually helping us to forget?

Yes Forget.

Forget to see the same thing in the same way we always have and when the preconceived knowing of another is dropped away like old garments behold a naked beautiful woman stands before you who before was the wife grown old and accustomed to or the husband who is known for his ways oh that's just Dad.

What if we are forgetting to rely on the lazy underpinnings of conditioned perception and in those brief glimpses see the radiant one before us.

Dear So-hi - that was an awesome piece of writing - way too long as usual but I am sure each person has taken something from it. The quoted above is what has been particularly striking for me and has had me thinking all day... especially the giving and receiving part. I once started a thread on that.

Thanks again

Sey
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  08:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey Yeah I know if I can ever learn to keep it short it will be a miracle. You are very welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  11:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

About your elongated reply , some new insights bubbled up here about why it is more complicated with the family relations here.

That is what I would like you to know. You shared this, I read it, it gave me insight, and the insights are not in the words you wrote. But they influenced me. This way all is happening here on the forum, we are not the doers, we are sharing and learning at the same time.

We have to listen to the silence between the words, and even in the written language this is happening.

That is the reason why I love poetry....

Namasté

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 28 2016 11:58:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  1:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So-Hi,
I enjoyed your long free form post. Seems honest and real. I have an immediate family who isn't into yoga, but they all went with me on a yoga retreat and had a good time with all the other yoga practitioners. My extended family isn't into yoga either, but I could tell them every weird experience I've had, and I'd still be the sane one.

It's not my job to convince other people to do stuff. No one listens to me, just like I don't listen to other people.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 28 2016 1:54:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  1:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, I look at things, too. Life just seems easier now when I don't look at things. It just flows, and I'm happier.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  11:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes see keeping it short. Threw a long one earlier today
quote:

Hi So-Hi,

About your elongated reply , some new insights bubbled up here about why it is more complicated with the family relations here.

That is what I would like you to know. You shared this, I read it, it gave me insight, and the insights are not in the words you wrote. But they influenced me. This way all is happening here on the forum, we are not the doers, we are sharing and learning at the same time.

We have to listen to the silence between the words, and even in the written language this is happening.

That is the reason why I love poetry....

Namasté

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  11:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow, thank you it was.

I do not think you could ever be convinced of anything until you experience it, and that is just the way it should be.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

So-Hi,
I enjoyed your long free form post. Seems honest and real. I have an immediate family who isn't into yoga, but they all went with me on a yoga retreat and had a good time with all the other yoga practitioners. My extended family isn't into yoga either, but I could tell them every weird experience I've had, and I'd still be the sane one.

It's not my job to convince other people to do stuff. No one listens to me, just like I don't listen to other people.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000