Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari mudra questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  04:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing for about a month now with SBP and DB, however, I came across this site maybe a year ago when I was looking for ways to open my third eye and found kechari mudra. Knowing what I now know I realize this was premature and out of place, however I gave kechari mudra a go.

Turns out my tongue was/is very long and I was pretty much able to get to stage 2 quickly. But I did not stick with it.

Now, after a month of practice I thought I would give it a quick try and it seems I could go a bit further than when I had tried it in the past.

I go up on the left side and now I dont even need to use a finger to assist to get in. Then I feel immediately with the top of my tongue a large rounded smooth surface.

Anyone experience this or know what it is?

If I then push a bit with my finger it seems like the tip of my tongue gets past that area (which seems to be maybe a half an inch high or so) to what I assume is the start nasal passages. This part feels a bit more firm, and slightly rounded at the base.

At least when I got there, I wondered if I was starting to get in enough to block off the air in one nostril. Turns out I did not fully manage that, I could still breath through the nostril I was targeting (while blocking the other one with my hand) but it was slightly harder and made a bit of a noise.

At that stage, it feels like I can bend the tip of my tongue forward as if to cover or push into that passage, and the tip sort of burns a bit from the strain (not in a bad way, kind of pleasant actually).

Thus far no negative symptoms, will of course back off if I get any. It does seem to give me stronger 3rd eye pulsing than normal.

I am curious to know what stage I might be at based on this, my guess is somewhere between stage 2 and 3. No plans to do anything like cutting or snipping to get further or anything like that, just curious for now :-)

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 19 2015 11:50:06 PM

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  08:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am curious to know what stage I might be at based on this, my guess is somewhere between stage 2 and 3. No plans to do anything like cutting or snipping to get further or anything like that, just curious for now :-)

I think you're right, between 2 & 3. I too reached this stage quickly, must be my karma no? sometimes in high energetic states my tongue goes into 3 (maybe even4) on its own. I would play around with 2 for a while, get comfortable and stable there. Often when my sinuses feel dry I even revert to stage 1 and still get all the benefits of ketchari mudra, the extra "zing" it seems to provide. No need for undo striving or attachment (not accusing you of this); enjoy and explore at a leisurely pace while your overall practice unfolds.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The further back you go, the softer it gets. It's very sensitive and tied to the heart. Keep exploring (with self-pacing).
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you Dogboy and Bodhi Tree Ha, it may be Karma. I did also manage to pop out of body the first time I tried to, so maybe in a past life I had some practice.

Thanks also for the added reminders to self pace. I know I am prone to really trying to push certain things in life, and I will admit with something like this that has numerically defined "stages" it is indeed tempting to try to push on to the next stage. Especially since it feels like just a short distance into further stages.

And I did not know it was tied to the heart, so definitely learned somethign there, too.

I have yet to have automatic kechari, that must be pretty amazing...

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 19 2015 02:28:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  02:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Soooo, feels like I almost lost my virginity today...

Did a bit of asana, then pranayama, then some meditation but not really even full mantra meditation (I got a massage and was doing the pranayama while getting the massage). The massuese left and was quite physically blissed out.

Long story short I sat cross legged, and for some reason felt like trying Kechari again in this state. Not automatic yoga, just, lets try it and see kind of thing.

Well, once I got in the space it was sort of game on for my tongue, like it had a mind of its own for sure. I think I let this go for just a few seconds. It was like my head was filling with a purple light and I was feeling energy rush to my crown. My tongue was farther than it had been before and felt like it could easily go further.

The exact thought that went through my head was "nope, probably not ready for this just yet" so I pulled the tongue back out. But man, it felt like it knew what it wanted to do and was on a mission to do it, like it literally had a mind of its own.

More motivation to practice, I really felt like I need to purify my system more so that I can be a better vessel for the divine energy that wants to move in me.

After this my stomach was gurgling fairly intensely too so seems to have gotten the cauldron cooking again.

And, later in lovemaking tonight, I took this idea of divine penetration and the whole session turned tantric. I was extremely present with my wife during lovemaking, probably more so than in the last 6 months or so. And she felt the difference, and was more present herself.

She actually said that she was both fully present with me and healing the world at the same time.

More I suppose I could say but looking forward to when I feel ready for the full experience. Self pacing for now is the word of the day, feeling blessed
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  05:50:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ain't yoga grand?
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  1:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is indeed Dogboy, it is indeed! And I know I am only scratching the surface so far, amazing...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  4:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love. Unity. Inner Sensuality.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  7:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got to the passage in Secrets of Wilder today where your first experiences of Kechari going up higher and on its own is described as being like a new bride on her wedding night or something like that.

I have not had the full experience, but that mixture of fear and pleasure and anticipation of what is to come that I felt certainly made me feel like this must be a good description of what is happening...

In Secrets of Wilder he describes having clipped his frenelum over the years. I wonder if I will need to. I had always been able to touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, so hopefully over time it will just stretch or something...
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  9:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Found this video when trying to better understand the anatomy of kechari. While it is about getting colds, it actually is a cool video that helps me visualize better what is going on physically during:

Spinal Breathing Pranayama (what my upper vertebrae look like)
Pranayama
Kechari

http://blausen.com/?Topic=9331

Pretty cool

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 20 2015 12:36:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  2:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So just figured out recently that I was going backwards instead of forward with my tongue haha. Probably the holes I was feeling were something else like maybe the eustachian tubes, not sure.

So last night before bed I went forward and actually found the nasal passages. They are much larger. I still cannot fully block them with my tongue, but definitely the tip of my tongue is into the hole. It seems a bit more oval shaped and taller than just a round hole as I expected, is this what others experience?

I can even sense that I might be able to angle my tongue a bit to start turning it to the side as per instructions. May take a bit of tongue milking though.

It is a bit of a quandary. I know I have not even hit a month yet of fully consistent twice daily sits. Ecstatic conductivity comes and goes, some days dont feel it much, other days it can be goosebumps multiple times a day.

Witness state is there in terms of strong equanimity I guess, yet in DM I have yet to expand or have anything really "amazing" happen.

So Kechari seems fairly premature. And yet, it is just so... inviting lol. My tongue is there. This secret chamber is there. There is further to explore. Kinda hard to resist!

So far, no negative results from what I have done till now in this exploration. It seems it should help accelerate my results and as long as there are no issues that seem to be popping up, I think I am likely to keep exploring lol.

Even though I can hit these later stages, if I do them in practice I only try for say 15 to 30 seconds just to get a feel, so that is my form of self pacing for now...

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 26 2015 3:18:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  5:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kechari came easy for me early too; we are all different in abilities, stages, karma, and the like, so I wouldn't necessarily agree it's premature. Kechari will really click once kundalini is active; for me it feels like connecting the circuitry. No need to feel "in a quandary" or have concerns about scenery or adventures in DM. If you are true to practice, things will happen!
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  9:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that feedback Dogboy, it really helps. I will admit to being fairly fascinated by Kechari. I mean it really is pretty darn sexual if the truth be told heh. And I did not think I would be able to resist at least some more exploration so it helps to have that perspective you shared.

Also, regarding the "imbalance" I perceived in terms of being a bit more ecstatic than having cultivated the witness, I found this today in lesson 426:

"In the case of ecstatic conductivity, in some individuals it may occur before
cultivating inner silence, particularly if there has been a history of engagement in energy practices prior to learning meditation."

So, as you said, everyone is different of course, and now I am getting a better grasp on my own differences and learning to work around them. The nice thing about the practices is that they will adjust things over the longer term, so just trusting in the process for now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000