Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 continual affirmation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  10:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i am learning to love my practice not just as a disipline but as a food for my soul i find i need affirmation of the path scenery signposts whatever you wish to name them by ,life was diferent before but i have forgotten how or why to return to non yoga would be like losing a friend do we all need affirmation along the way for our realization i know i do, i believe but at points i have no faith .

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  01:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes we do all need affirmation along the path - after all, this is a scientific path. You do, you get results. We need affirmation until we don't anymore. When you lose faith, you just keep doing your practices like "brushing your teeth" - just do it. then something great happens (great scenery) or you bliss out again and it is all worth it again. Then one day you stop chasing the bliss and start giving it away. When it starts getting mundane I read something to inspire me.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  02:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Affirmations = Strong Feelings = Moving Forward

Like Ms. SeySorciere is saying, there is a cause-and-effect relationship at play here. We just have to use it to our advantage. Simple as a stroll in the park. If there be stormy weather, seek shelter where shelter can be found. Take solace in thoughts and prayers until the silence can be surrendered to. Matter of fact, take solace wherever you please, so long as it be in the direction of self-paced purification and opening.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  09:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thakyou[
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000