Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Automatic Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnWL

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  5:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During DM a couple days ago, the 'I AM' mantra seemed to become automatic for a while, as if it were sort of running itself without voluntary control. Since then, I've tried to let the mantra kind of jumpstart itself and just let it run without much effort.

Is that how it's supposed to be? Or should there always be a voluntary and concerted effort to silently think the mantra?

I'm also curious if the autopilot feel to it might be counterproductive, since the automatic mantra sometimes seems to become attached or accompanied to some energy/movement I feel within, or maybe even the heartbeat. I am also finding it very difficult to describe what's going on here, I hope this makes sense!

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  6:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a good lesson on those finer points:
http://www.aypsite.org/195.html

Sounds like you are grooving with it.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Feb 09 2015 6:15:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  01:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear John - sounds like you are doing great. The mantra will refine and keep repeating itself - at times you are more "listening" for it than repeating it. And yes sometimes it does synchronize with your breath, your heart-beat or it creates energeitic vibrations inside and synchronises with that. You are to favour the mantra - not hold on to it tightly. So let it do its thing.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  5:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Autopilot"thingy is,in a way,mentioned in book "The way of the pilgrim" where Russian pilgrim uses Prayer of the hearth which eventually became "unceasing prayer of the heart" ,ie. it went in automatic mode.It's explained there how this mantra starts as conscious effort of the mind and with time descends into hearth,becoming automatic Prayer of the hearth.
It's great read
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000