Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Lesbian Tantra, please advise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  3:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello
any advise for us Lesbians and Tantra please?

Dogboy

USA
2248 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  5:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KarenVic, welcome!

I don't know if you've had the opportunity to review the tantra lessons on this site. Here is an excerpt from lesson T39:

quote:
Regarding homosexuality, while this has not been my personal lifestyle, the principles of tantra are clearly beyond such distinctions. For example, celibates have a clear path to enlightenment, as do heterosexuals. Neither is inferior to the other. The principles underlying both are the same, and the methods are similar. If you review the tantra lessons, you will see that this is so. Brahmacharya is the key, which is preservation and cultivation of sexual energy. See lesson #T9 on this. There is no reason why homosexuals cannot travel the road to enlightenment within the lifestyle they are living. I am sure many have over the centuries. The sitting practices will be just the same, including those that cultivate the expansion of sexual function upward in the nervous system. The holdback method (#T4), blocking (#T5), count method (#T23) and other aspects of tantra yoga can all be applied in homosexual relations.

In essence, Yogani is stating your lifestyle is not an impediment to spiritual exploration, the principles apply across the board. I'm unsure what specifically you are seeking (techniques? tantric experiences from lesbians? supports?) nor do I know your current practices; I thought I'd assure you that lifestyle isn't a factor in your practice.

Good luck and hope some yoginis chime in for you .
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  8:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Dogboy.
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  8:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your note and welcome. Two women are different than two men, so I was checkin to see if there are any anatomical considerations . Thanks I will review the post.
Keep up the great work Yogani
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  05:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Karen

Well, the instructions for siddhasana are different to a certain extent to reflect anatomical differences.
Otherwise, considering the fact that most of tantra is about individual practitioners working with their own energy, it's not surprising the practices are identical for men and women.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Feb 07 2015 06:09:36 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000