Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 insight timer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  06:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi does anybody else use the insight timer for thier practice since going on a retreat in december ive used it and it has helped a great deal to stabalize the timings ect it has singing bowls to start then at each stage you want start stop ect also thier is an online community groups any thoughts comments or users .

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  08:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kumar, I use that app since march 2013 in every AYP session, twicw a day.

I always used timers, but this appp is really useful and has nice sounds. I really like the statistics and graphs, because you can monitor the level of considtency of your practice. I really think that this helped me to maintain a regular practice despite the fact that my daily schedule is not.

Also, due to my schedule, I have to "squeeze" my practices in limited time slots, so during the practice I do not have to worry about the time - the timer does for me and I can enjoy my practice.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  12:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use it! I created a little AYP group on there and 226 people have joined. Great little app--for the bells and the community.
Go to Top of Page

gkch1234

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  1:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I'm new member, please provide more information for this app to know more information for next retreat etc.

thx
Gopala
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  4:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi gopala theinsight timer is an app on the apple apps its for timing your practice eg spinal breathing ,deep meditation,and samyama,it has nice sounding interval bells /bowls its about 2 british pounds so well worth it ,the retreat i went on was in england uk back in december where our leader used a bowl for the intervals between practices hence me using the insight timer i hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  2:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use the insight timer regularly it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000