Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 spring forest Chi gung
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  7:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
anyone had any contact with either the teacher or the method?
thankyou

http://www.springforestqigong.com/

Dedroidify

22 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  08:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dedroidify's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

Since you didn't get any replies let me reply early! I already listened to a small excerpt of Chunyi Lin's teachings in (previously mentioned in relation to Image Streaming aswell) Paul Scheele's Euphoria. It included a self-healing meditation which was nice. The man knows what he's talking about and speaks with a lovely accent and soft voice. I also own a Spring Forest Qi Gong packet that includes a one hour video, seven disc audiobook and a manual. I'm currently only at disc one and haven't checked the video yet as Qi Gong is not exactly the best practice for me as my knees aren't in the best of shape (I prefer yoga asanas). I will definitely post back here or pm you later on when I've learned more.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  01:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi snake:

I reviewed the instructions and video clips depicting the 'Spring Forest Qi-Gong' at www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qigong3.htm The two exercises presented there are simple and easy to perform, and thus follow the Taoist concept of finding strength in simplicity.

As a Qi-Gong Master with more than 45 years experience myself...outlined in greater detail in my profile as Sifu Stier at... http://www.shenmentao.com/forum/ ...I would note, however, that the physical exercises and breathing presented in 'Spring Forest Qi-Gong' are most certainly NOT invented by Master Lin Chun-Yi. On the contrary, these methods appear in a number of different traditional chi-kung/qi-gong routines which have been taught and practiced for hundreds of years in China and other parts of the Orient.

What is different about the 'Spring Forest Qi-Gong' presented by Master Lin is the accompanying mental affirmations and visualizations recommended in conjunction with the performance of the postures and breathing. These differences I would attribute to Master Lin, as they reflect a Western 'New Age' flavor which differs from those typically found in the Traditional Chinese Taoist and Buddhist methods.

To my eye, therefore, the 'Spring Forest Qi-Gong' is a blend of Chinese exercises and Western mental work. I would imagine that this is part of its appeal to most non-Asian students, who undoubtedly make up the majority of those who practice this method. Thus, the physical aspect of SFQG is considerably easier than most traditional qi-gong methods, and the mental techniques are probably already familiar to many students...making SFQG a very marketable method.

As with anything, if those who practice the method regularly find benefit in doing so, then it is a good method. The testimonials indicate that such is the case, so more power to them.

Doc
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Doc,
Im going to take a look at your site today!

Im going to do a 3 day residential in Wiltshire in may with Chris Jarmey ,link here

http://www.shiatsu.net/course/special

Im very interested in going deeper into the forms and learning more so I may be asking you quite a bit :)
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, Snake!

Excellent questions generate excellent answers...according to Chinese tradition...so bring 'em on, Bubba!

Regards ~

Doc
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  1:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doc Im going to put my questions in the healthcare section ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000