Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Definition of "charm" in Deep Meditation book?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  10:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What is Yogani referring to by the word "charm" in this quoted passage from "Deep Meditation"?

quote:
Over the long term of our daily meditation practice, we will find that inner silence becomes more a resident part of our awareness. We will be naturally more quiet and blissful inside, all the time. As this occurs, our inner silence will be noticed in meditation as an immediately available charm in the process of going inward. As soon as we close our eyes, we will go beyond the grip of external stimuli.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  10:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogaman:

The word "charm" in the Deep Meditation book refers to the rise of abiding inner silence, and its natural role in calming the mind in all circumstances. In particular, when we close our eyes to meditate, we will be going to stillness straight away due to the "charm" (inherent delight) of the blissful silence always present within us. The procedure of deep meditation remains the same, of course, enabling us to further cultivate abiding inner silence over the long term, and the many benefits that come with it in our daily activity.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  11:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Charm": an excellent choice of word !
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  12:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani. I didn't get that gist from the context, but I do in fact experience this in practice. I suppose I never knew what the word "charm" really meant. I had charm bracelets stuck in my head when that word comes up.

Indeed, learning to know what this feels like makes it easier to go directly to that state. Often I find the body leading me there where a sit is imminent. And even when it is not!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000