Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Light in third eye during meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  3:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A couple of years ago during one of my meditations i noticed a very bright light in the region of the third eye, it lasted untill the end of my meditation and was accompanied by a feeling of pure love. An overwhelming feeling of love. At this time i would meditate for up to an hour but nowadays i meditate for the 2x20 min a day. I have never had this experience again. I would like to know 1.If it was due to longer meditation time and 2.Has anyone had this with the shorter meditation times?
thank you.

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  8:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Whitecrane,

Next to impossible to say what caused it, but it sounds like a classic symptom of purification, a moment of grace where the light of the universe opened up to you so you could know what is hidden under your surface. I view these moments as a gift from life that let us know we are on the right track and what the possibilities are of where we are headed.

Yes, I have experienced things like this with the shorter 20 minute meditation periods.

Edited by - Anthem on Sep 04 2006 8:45:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi White Crane,

Check Out:

http://www.aypsite.org/92.html
http://www.aypsite.org/179.html

(These are the two AYP Lessons that give detailed background on the whole "seeing the star" thing.)

And yes, I've seen the star during shorter meditations, and even when not meditating -- and a time or two with my eyes open (though this is all in the last six months or so, and I've been meditating for years).

It's not a time thing, or a linear thing (for any of us) -- it just happens when it happens.

If you're consistent with your practices, especially spinal breathing, you've got at least a 50/50 chance of seeing it much more often, and more distinctly.

Ultimately, though, the star (and anything we see or feel, during practices) is "scenery" (as Yogani says) -- and our neuro-spiritual evolution is happen, whether there's scenery or not.

Hope this helps!

Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - If you click on the search link for the Forum, and search on the words: Third, Eye and Star -- a bunch of Forum threads will pop up, and you can read through those, for detail on other peoples' related experiences (and there may be more / better search terms, which will pull up even more Forum dialog -- Star and Light, Star and Ajna, Star and Meditating, and so on).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000