Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Yogic Music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

http://www.myspace.com/girishmusic

Hello & Namskara All,

I just wanted to share the link shown above, with you all -- it links to the MySpace page for my friend and yogic music artist, Girish.

I wanted to pass this link along for a few reasons:

1. His music is a great combination of pop / rock and even a bit of hip-hop (in 1-2 songs) -- that you may find enjoyable / entertaining / uplifting on a few different levels.

2. It's of a genre that some are calling "Mantra Rock", and can be used for manta / kirtan practice, if desired (but not essential -- his music can be listened to [some of it via MySpace, if you don't want to purchase.]

3. During this time (recently / currently - don't know exact dates) of honoring Sri Ganesha (elephant-headed son of Shiva, remover of obstacles, diety of root / 1st chakra) - Girish has a great multimedia clip (bottom one of three, on his MySpace page - you can miss 'em -- right-hand side, "Play" arrow in middle of image) - based on a song of his, honoring Ganesha.

4. Many of his Friends on MySpace are other Mantra Rock artists (David Newman, Donna Delory, etc.) - so Girish's page is a great jumping-off point for other music of this type, if you like it.

All in all, just one more way to enjoy consciousness (and good tunes!) --- so wanted to pass this along, in hope that some may find it entertaining, enjoyable and/or helpful.

Cheers & Namaste,

Kirtanman
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000