Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Ejaculation, DM, and SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trying

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was taught not to practice Taoist internal methods for 2-24 hours after ejaculation. I have a new woman in my life and we have been going at it as new lovers do. So how long after ejaculation is it safe to practice DM and/or SBP? I trust this is not too sensitive a subject outside the Tantra board.

Christi

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  5:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trying

Welcome to the forums

There is nothing dangerous about engaging in spiritual practices after ejaculation. It is simply that they will be less effective. If you are ejaculating every day, spiritual practices are not going to have much effect because you will be losing too much prana (spiritual energy) through ejaculation.

If you can reduce ejacualtion to only once a week that would be better, but even then you will still be losing prana to a certain extent. There is another way, which is called pre-orgasmic sex, or sex without ejaculation (or orgasm).

For more details see the tantra lessons which start here:

What is Tantra?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Trying

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  07:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And yet Taoist teaching disagree. I can see how DM would not be affected but SBP involves very similar techniques as its Taoist counter part.

I understand about the issue of ejaculation control because of that very similarity and practice it to some degree. But the practical aspect of a new sexual relationship will occasionally preclude this.

The Taoist sexual practices I learned warn against energetic practices too soon after ejaculation.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  09:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Trying
Does Taoism specify a reason for this warning/interdiction?
Go to Top of Page

Trying

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  07:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. I was taught that practicing neigongtoo soon after sex can damage kidney qi. I'm looking for more info from this AYP method.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  10:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems there is no such interdiction in AYP. If there was a danger there, I am sure Yogani would have stated it very clearly in the lessons. Nor do I remember hearing anything of the kind from previous yoga teachers (before I started practising AYP)
I guess neigong and yoga practices are not identical. The effects of their respective practices could be different. AYP and - as far as I can tell - yoga in general does not emphasise kidney energy. Does the neigung counterpart of SBP draw qi specifically from the kidneys?
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  11:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
christi is right, taoist probably sayto avoid doing it right after because someone probably felt it was a waste of time.its like doing kriya in a thunder storm, its not dangerous- you wont get struck by lightning(i hope not lol). but the electrical and noise interference makes the side nadis go wild making it a waste of time. if you have sex and ejaculate it would be best to limit this to twice a month. otherwise learn to stay in front of the orgasm.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000