Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 For remembering who we are...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  11:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This little prayer popped up spontaneously a few weeks ago. I sing-song it in my head when thoughts crowd in or just because...

I am grace ... I am peace ... I am truth ... I am joy
I am child of divine light
I love mother and father.

Translation:
I am light
I am true nature
I am reality
I am perfection
I am child of divine light (the articles for child and divine light are left out on purpose)
I unify consciousness and emptiness.

Maybe someone else will find it appealing as well.

Love

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  11:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely beautiful. That is really refreshing. A great contrast to the negation style of neti neti.

Affirmation! Love it!
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2014 :  02:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
GD Vibrations....
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  11:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks

Actually, neti neti is just as true and just as important.

One cannot realize "I am peace" until one has fully realized "I am not this body/mind." And you can take neti, neti much, much further - into "I am not these molecules." "I am not this planet." "I am not this world." Even "I am not this energy."

But, after every experience of "I am not", it seems there's an element of consciousness that always turns us back to "I am." I think that the exceptional gift of our lives here on earth is the opportunity to integrate both truths in our daily experience.

P.S. But I do also prefer the affirmation. I think affirmation and negation are choices available to us and each choice is as valid as the other.

Edited by - whippoorwill on Sep 11 2014 11:36:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  10:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neti neti, affirmation. Peel off, then dive back in. Deconstruct, then rebuild. Forget it all, then remember...with a regenerated freshness that penetrates itself, receives itself, recognizes its own innocence, its own curious nature, its own infinity.

No one will capture the mystery--we can only report stories about our pursuit into the depths of the fractal spirals which seduce us mercilessly. Closer and closer, we glimpse notions of surrender, progress, enlightenment. Stillness gives rest to the chase; ecstasy rekindles the spark. When merged, the paradox completes the miracle.

Dance, dance, dance...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000