Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  1:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Sunyata
Yeah! Check out Alone, it's an awesome show. I will look into Naked and Afraid (sounds like the classic recurring dream where the dreamer walks around naked in their high school ).

@Dogboy
Thanks for the encouragement! It's funny, I wrote the journal post early this morning, then fell back asleep, and woke up again, and thought: God, Cody!--you're being too transparent, but then I was like: Oh well, it's part of my calling...to be kind of visible about my escapades. I feel safe under the umbrella of AYP, since there is such a high standard of decorum and reverence. But, I'll keep some aces up my sleeve!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  2:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
The rain is pouring down, the thunder is rumbling, and I love it.

You know, sudden changes in the weather make me laugh these days. I was out on a walk and it started raining almost out of the blue and it was like a good joke.

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
we ended up making out and being affectionate. (Shocker! ) I can't help myself. Resistance is futile.
At the risk of sounding like your conscience - are you sure this is OK? How many women in your meditation class can you do that with before word goes out that the teacher is 'easy'? I understand going with the flow. I also see a bit of a conundrum there - to be treated with wisdom and finesse perhaps? I'll leave it with you (an answer is not necessary).

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 03 2015 2:49:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2254 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  3:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bodhi, your conscious has a British accent
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  4:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LMAO! I need a British conscience. The Brits can be so proper and refined, so it fits the mold.

BlueRC: I'm not easy. I'm challenging!

Actually, on a more serious note and to more directly touch upon BlueRC's cautionary concern, I have realized something about my rhythm with brahmacharya. Yogani advised somewhere in the lessons or tantra book (I forget which) that ejaculation once a week is permissible and won't be overly draining to the energy reservoir. So, for the past several years, I've been trying to moderate that aspect with relative success, but very recently I realized--wait a minute, I don't need to moderate it. I can just renounce it. Problem solved. Just like I don't moderate drugs/alcohol because I have renounced them, I can simply let go of ejaculation completely, with the exception being any deliberate efforts to procreate a child. But other than that, no recreational ejaculation.

I wish I had come to this realization sooner, because I think it will help promote automatic morality and self-regulation. Much simpler this way. Thanks for the nudge, BlueRC!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  7:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Bodhi- Lol..It's real on the show. A man and woman have to survive for 21 days in the Amazon and other jungles naked. They are allowed to bring only one item with them. It's very interesting!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  8:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow. That is a trip. Naked in the literal!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  5:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am an echo of me. I am a distant warbling of the original vibration. I am imperfection resonating from perfection, and therefore not imperfect at all.

I am what you want me to be, and you are exactly what I need.

Like a room full of mirrors reflecting self-similar patterns, the maze of images unfolds before us. Look closely and you will see: there is no such thing as alien. All is native, though sometimes distant, sometimes predatory. Take this moment of pause with me, and let me falter beside you—casting me away if needed, and leaving me to ruminate upon my mistakes. That is fine and fair and I will abide by the golden rule until the very last, and if I do not, the rule will surely coax me to abide.

What better is there than fine arts and crafts? There is the proof. There is the fact. There is the salvation we are seeking. Why try to deny time and space? Why expend energy trying to erase the constructs of the cosmic mind? They are not illusions, but fabrics of the eternal reality in which we weave our signature. A tapestry of comfort and luxury, an abundance of pleasure.

Cease and desist with your efforts to outsmart the design. Master the journey instead. Study what is obvious and immediate. Sink into the cloud of unknowing and return with gifts to share with all. Turn inward and outward, both, and balance on the beam between. If you wish to proclaim something, at least proclaim you have found an endless source and know how to shape its resources into meaningful fixtures for the collective playground.

I sat at my open bedroom window, three stories high, looking out into the canopy, strumming my guitar. Several birds arrived and perched upon the nearest branches and began chirping at me. We created a little symphony. I tell you the truth.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  5:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Put some music to these lyrics. I wanna hear it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Working on it. Will you let you know.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  6:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2254 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  8:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Birds as messengers and critics.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  06:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am an echo of me. I am a distant warbling of the original vibration. I am imperfection resonating from perfection, and therefore not imperfect at all.

I am what you want me to be, and you are exactly what I need.

Thank you for sharing Bodhi, love the weaving of your words , you are whole, you are all, all is you
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  10:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Dogboy, the birds are multi-faceted.

Love your presence, Charliedog. You are strong.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2015 :  5:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sitting in the dugout of a little league baseball field where I used to play about 20 years ago. This place is packed with energy, and dense with memory. No one is here now, but the trail of our past has left its imprints. I skim through images in my mind as if they were photographs in a picture book. Lucid vignettes, thick with emotions of hope, intensity, competition, and so much more.

My coach from those glory days has moved on to work for a professonial baseball team. He throws batting practice to some of the best in the majors. I saw him recently on TV in an All Star Game Home Run Derby. He was pitching with that same signature style that I remember so well. Unmistakable, quirky, consistent. He loves baseball, and his devotion to the sport has benefitted many beyond himself. Many youngsters, and now pros, reap rewards from his skill and passion.

Somehow I will pay it forward. To continue the lineage, and the pursuit of excellence, and the lighthearted team spirit.

Earlier today, I led my group meditation. A couple new folks showed up. I love teaching the Deep Meditation technique and expanding upon the general principles and philosophy of AYP. There is so much room for spontaneity and improvisation, and I thrive on that.

At the end of the formal talk and meditation session, we did a few Om chants out loud. Then we made small talk. One of the newbies said she felt totally re-charged, euphoric, and tangibly lighter on her feet. I told her that the after-effects were most important, so this was good news.

Well, speaking of baseball and AYP, I'm reminded of one of my favorite movie quotes from Field of Dreams: "If you build it, they will come."

So I guess we'll keep on building it, and see who comes.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  02:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There was a fase in this journey, I was all the time aware of the endings... the ending of nice events, friends gatherings, all nice experiences in life, ending ending ending.

I can imagine that there where all kind of mixed emotions while you where sitting there, looking back, see the boy you where and the man you became and life in between, life unfolding.....

All is constantly changing, we can expect, but that's not working, it will alway's be different then expect. Only looking back can tell us, can show us how it was, the lessons we received during life and what we did learn from them.

Teaching is a new journey, and if I may say a whole new proces, it makes you again aware of all light and shadow sides in yourself, the steps you took to come here where you are at this moment.

quote:
So I guess we'll keep on building it, and see who comes.

They are there already, reading, exploring, insecure, waiting to take a new step in their spiritual life. Inspire and have trust!

Your writings inspired me to join AYP forums, I am extraordinary ordinariness so there will be more inspired by your, writings, teachings, presence. They will love you and learn from you!

Keep on building and dare to dream....

'Like a child passing through'
Enya

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 17 2015 04:21:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  10:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

There was a fase in this journey, I was all the time aware of the endings... the ending of nice events, friends gatherings, all nice experiences in life, ending ending ending.

Did you discover that the endings inevitably lead to new beginnings? That was the pressing thought I had upon reflecting yesterday in the dugout...that this will continue, and I have a part to play in it.

From my view, Charliedog, you are playing your part increasinly well.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  12:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, notice the space between the ending and the new beginning. Create, bring into being, enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2015 :  10:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Last night I had a dream with Adyashanti in it. Despite my distaste for a large chunk of his teachings, we were having friendly conversation in the dream. He told me he was a bass player in his spare time, so I was trying to coordinate a jam session with him. Talk about subconscious desires and manipulation of reality! I woke up laughing about that one.

I pretty much remember my dreams every morning. They are usually bizarre. I do a lot of flying (often to escape cops or other villains pursuing me). Sometimes the dream is like a full-blown Hollywood movie. Last week I had one that was a cross between Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. There was a huge brigade of storm troopers in a forest filled with elves. A definite hybrid of mythologies.

When I was a young teenager, I went through a phase of lucid dreaming where I could stay conscious and explore the dreamscapes with relative ease. That was pre-drug use. I miss those times. So much clarity, so much witness already established. But I didn't fully understand the necessity of the divine feminine and ecstasy, so I drifted into a place of friction and excess detachment.

The past 5 years have been a time of salvage and repair. Heal the nerves, purify the local field, move forward with some level of caution. Part of the challenge is listening to pain, because I have a tendency to push my pain threshold in favor of progress. But since the progress is now pointed towards permanent ecstatic bliss, there is less compulsion to break through dramatically. I'll take the smooth serenity, thank you very much.

"This love has got no ceiling." --Eddie Vedder
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2015 :  02:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I watched Samsara....life
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2015 :  3:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, Samsara. Such a good one.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2015 :  10:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Time to write a happy poem, without much worry about facts. It's been too long. Here we go...

Uncle Walt, I invoke your spirit
Show me the way to touch the finest spun silk and weave it like a god
I am ready, I have put in the hours, I am receptive

Here we are with these limitations: relishing in them, hating them, trying to go beyond them
And what choice do we have but to work with them, since we are buried in this flesh for a momentary blink?

I am in love with beauty, and I have made peace with horror
The contrast is worth the wait

In my canopy apartment I am privileged to watch the butterflies flutter
and dance across vine leaves as big as elephant ears
and little birds flicker and bounce from tiny limbs and look at me inquisitively
and the jungle is still alive and speaking adjacent to the concrete

If with my words alone I could co-create an extension of this majesty
I would sign the contract and take the deal and wield that power
But I will sputter nouns and verbs and adjectives regardless—
and let this craft take a life of its own

Holding on, and letting go, and seeing the speckles on the wings of creatures:
dots, like kisses from a paintbrush, splattered with great care across a canvas of living tissue

I hear the voices of nurses coming across hundreds of miles of telephone wire, now digitalized
and their timbre is each unique even though sewn from the same cloth
and the vibration of their southern twang sounds better than an exquisite violin
and the care and sensuality emanating from every vocal movement is heavenly to absorb

And that is enough for now, and maybe for a long time, even eternity.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2015 :  02:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And that is enough for now, and maybe for a long time, even eternity.

I would surely miss the transparency of the mystic

all is happening
If we like it or not
we do the best we can
all stay's all
all is in
all is out
No that is not truth
All is, is All
what can we do
dance and sing
or be sad and cry

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2015 :  08:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

all is happening
If we like it or not

So true. Here's to the ALL.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  08:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here I am! On the edge. Look behind me at the trail of tears, pain, laughter, orgasm, rolling waves and crashing sounds from the cymbals of big waters that roar to announce their presence, as they descend with the pull of the moon and gravity, as they tuck into turbines and spirals of swirling energy, as they perpetuate the mythology of living molecules.

Ever-watchful eternity, keeping an eye on all our exploits and not forgetting a single instance of transgression
Ever-watchful eternity, soaking in the lushness of the uppermost canopy of the nearby forest that sings with a myriad of bird calls and the scampering of squirrel feet—jumping from limb to limb in agile movements of rodent grace
Ever-watchful eternity, paying homage to all women who have attracted the eyes of eager watchers kneeling in reverence and springing up in exaltation

Do you really not see the seduction at play here? Do you really think you will tame Her and numb Her wits into submission? Nonsense! You uneducated fool!—well-versed in the language of cold calculation and death, but uniformed in the art of procreation for the purpose of promoting paradise here on this spinning, blue ball of refined chaos.

For a moment, I thought of lamenting, but there's too much ecstasy to get lost in the minor details of defeat, delay, and narrowness, though I enjoy walking on the razor's edge of a ridgeline that protrudes from the bosom of Smoky Mountains flourishing in the Deep South.

I cannot come enough, cannot explode to full satisfaction, cannot cease to bring art to the table where they are sitting, waiting for my song and dance, just as I wait for their elaborate concoctions.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  11:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, you're back.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000