Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  4:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog!! Dogboy!! Thank you for playing along.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2015 :  10:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All around I see perfection. I see perfection, hungry for more perfection.

Atop a rare hill in mostly flat Tampa, I look out to the sky. It stretches wide as a panorama. It curves down concavely as a dome, encapsulating the atmosphere. Beyond the blue veil, there is black space, devoid of breathable air. The traction of gravity weakens.

Yogani promises infinite travel at infinite speed—not through the weightless black space outside the atmospheric envelope, but inside, through the boundless field of consciousness itself.

Are we kidding ourselves, fooling ourselves, denying ourselves? Who doesn't want a piece of this cosmic apple pie that's being served up in a digital display case? Oh, it can't be bought, nor stolen. Only earned and uncovered through devotion, purification, opening. Will it come this life, or maybe the next? Or maybe it's already happened and we're just remembering.

I am looking for the bridges. Looking to build them, cross them, traverse them without need of passport, visa, or government permission. The ticket will be silence. The authority will come from God Herself.

I listen to the spoken poetry of Jim Morrison on top of music from The Doors. His voice is airy, cryptic, soft at times, but gradient too. Searching for the sacred, he touches upon the profane with a neutral delicacy, as if he cannot be swayed in any dramatic way. He is compelled by sex, and by death.

I have poison ivy on my leg, acquired in Georgia. A nice reminder of the savageness of nature. That, too, is perfect.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2015 :  4:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the tickets silence paid by love
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2015 :  4:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2015 :  5:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so what happens with the ivy antibiotics or other medicine ?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  12:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not bad enough to need antibiotics. I've built up a resistance over the years.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  09:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried Calamine lotion? Hope it gets better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  11:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That helps a little, but the main thing is to just let it be, and to say: "Hello, old friend."
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  5:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once bitten twice shy
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  01:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the dark, except for the light of my laptop. I love the dark...its softness...the way it cloaks the field of consciousness with spaciousness. In spaciousness is the answer to all the questions we have been asking, and all the desires which have been illuminating our quest.

I massaged two of my co-workers' shoulders tonight, and it made me feel better. A little more calm bubbled up. A little more grace descended upon me. As we were exiting the building, I shuffled my feet in a sideways waltz to open the door, and one of them said: "Are you trying to go to Jupiter?" And I said: "Yes. Yes, I am."
Then she said: "I've got Jupiter in my glovebox."
"Oh, you mean ganja?"
"Yeah, that's it."
"I'll show you a better way. Don't get me wrong, I love ganja, but there is a better way."
"OK, show me."
"I will."

We said good night, got in our cars, and left.

Earlier today, I got a haircut from my co-worker's daughter. It was the first haircut she had ever given in this new salon she is now working at. Her supervisor was advising her as they took turns trimming my locks. What a great little treat--to have them both alternating. Somehow, a conversation started, and the supervisor said how her daughter had been struggling with addiction. Of course, I gave her my AYP for Recovery site and told her to contact me anytime. (On that note, I also got an email from someone in Miami asking if she could subscribe to my blog, and I'm hoping my web designer can easily set that up. Very reassuring to know that the blog is reaching some people).

Well, back to the present moment of darkness, past midnight, looking off the 3rd story balcony into a canopy of lush oak trees, adorned with green vines that spill out with heart-shaped leaves bigger than my torso. I saw a raccoon climb up one of the trees (higher than my balcony) and rest on one of the uppermost limbs. Impressive. Beautiful. Captivating.

I am in love with everyone and everything, and I must melt into any form I wish, and I will not stop until that is at my fingertips.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  01:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
to you
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  04:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2254 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  06:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are ripening before our eyes Cody!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5202 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  08:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  4:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog, BlueRC, Dogboy, Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  08:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Went to a reggae concert in a park on the shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico. There were two opening bands, and when the main act came on, it started raining. Big, fat raindrops. Not really torrential—just a slow, steady downpour.

I was close to the stage and already starting to loosen up with dancing. The rain just brought everybody to a point of surrender and made us all the more enthusiastic. I took off my shirt and let the raindrops bounce off my skin. It felt very purifying and freeing. I was like a happy, wet dog: shaking off the water periodically, but mostly frolicking to the rhythm of Jamaican rock, played by white boys in this case. (Hmmm...note to self..."Wet Dog" could be a good band name.)

One of the popular songs the band played was called "No Cocaine". The chorus is: "We don't need no cocaine; we don't need no ecstasy." [Ecstasy meaning the chemical drug MDMA in this case]. Turns out all they needed was marijuana. The lead singer lit up a blunt and passed it out to the crowd. Classic reggae scene. Extolling the organic plant and shunning the synthetic candy.

Of course, I didn't partake in the smoking, but just reveled in my natural high. On that note, I have realized in the past couple years that I don't want sobriety to be a point of pride or excessive focus, or yet another identity banner that gets waved around in some arrogant fashion. But I still find it necessary to make a distinction at present time, especially for educational purposes. I'm writing music and lyrics that incorporate the sober modality of using other means of transcendence.

The trick will be to make it cool and non-preachy. Just like good storytelling. A melodic narrative without harsh agenda. If it flows, it flows. The process of refinement is under way. It's a non-trying, a non-effort.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah you have a life ,one love bodhi.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  8:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One love, kumar.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  8:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree kumar.. We had to cancel our plans for Saturday because of the rain. Glad you had fun!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  07:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

We had to cancel our plans for Saturday because of the rain.

Did you improvise with some indoor activity?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  12:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Did you improvise with some indoor activity?

Ofcourse! There is never a dull moment in the house.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  2:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  07:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The rain is pouring down, the thunder is rumbling, and I love it. This is the cycle of rejuvenation and purification. This is the element that feeds the plants and generates the oxygen. This is the element that can unleash hurricanes and tsunamis—reminding us of the water's power to create AND destroy.

A new person came to my Sunday meditation class. She is a big fan of Amma (the hugging saint) and is now totally into AYP. She signed up for Plus and bought a couple books. She has been doing japa and contemplative prayer for quite a few years prior to this. Her bhakti is very strong, and as an artist, she makes colorful mosaics for churches.

After a fluid conversation of several hours covering intimate topics and lots of AYP stuff, we ended up making out and being affectionate. (Shocker! ) I can't help myself. Resistance is futile. I just have to go with the flow; nothing is forced. I answer to the call of the divine feminine most of all.

Then later last night I guided another friend to sign up for Plus and showed him some of the basics. He was pretty stoked about the audio books in particular. He is helping me start AYP Tampa and has been crucial in building our local network. He is gay, and a massage therapist, and seems to attract an abundance of vibrant women. I've joked with him that maybe I should switch teams! But on that note, what will be a real miracle is if I can sustain a long-term relationship with a wonderful being from the superior gender, moving towards starting a family. All in good time. I'm not going to lament or worry about it, though I have before. If I abide by silence and samyama, the right result will inevitably come into view, despite my gypsy rambling.

I don't think I'll ever stop writing. I just got an email from an acquaintance asking me to write for an open-source media website he has launched. I gladly obliged and have already submitted a short piece about the TV show Alone, which is a great reality show on the History channel. 10 men get dropped off at scattered locations in the wilderness of Vancouver Island and have to self-film their efforts to survive, with minimal tools and no food or water provided at the onset. It really separates the men from the boys, as they say. The ones who have lasted so far in the broadcast are very resilient and creative in sustaining their food source and shelter. And since they have no one to talk to but their camera, they are forced to face the interior of their own consciousness. What an adventure!

Well, I think I've divulged enough of my silliness. Time to meditate.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  10:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi,

Another interesting post. Congratulations on your writing deal. We watch Naked and Afraid every Sunday night, Love it! I've seen the footage of Alone. It looks more challenging than Naked and Afraid.

quote:
they are forced to face the interior of their own consciousness

Purification on TV. One has to be brave to do it!

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 03 2015 10:05:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2254 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  1:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
what will be a real miracle is if I can sustain a long-term relationship with a wonderful being from the superior gender, moving towards starting a family. All in good time. I'm not going to lament or worry about it, though I have before. If I abide by silence and samyama, the right result will inevitably come into view, despite my gypsy rambling.

You are on the right track, Bodhi boy, love radiance and then unity!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000