AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pressure on temples and nose, third-eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chuggroni

6 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  9:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit chuggroni's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

The last few months I've had energy ravaging through my reproductive areas, and finally it has subsided and I have relative control and balance there. Should have known it wasn't the end of the road. Shortly after gaining some control, the energy has moved to my head, each day meditating new and more interesting experiences occur in this area, but I don't quite understand where I'm headed with this. To begin with, the pressure was all in my ears (kind of a numbness?) I attributed that to the listening meditation I employ. From there it progressed to the temples right above my ears, and then down to the base of my nose and then up in between the eyebrows. Lately too the feeling in my temples has been slowly and painfully moving higher in my head into the crown, but from the sides instead of from the third-eye. Also interesting to note that the flow and control is much greater on the ride side of the face (solar?) than the left.

Any insights into these experiences would be most calming.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chuggroni,
In your last post you said you practiced Buddhism/meditation.. so I am not sure if you have switched to AYP, or still followings some other form of meditation.. listening meditation?
Most of what you are describing are signs of purification..
I think it may help you to start with deep meditation
You have too much purification going on.. along with a lot of out of control energy.. also with AYP we stay away from the crown.. you will need to self pace a little.. and you need to get into some kind of structured practice my dear. If you are following something now and happy with it.. then maybe you could tell us exactly what your routine is, and maybe we could help.. However if you are not in any structured practice.. start with deep meditation.. and slowly add spinal breathing.. and then progress from there.
Wish you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  12:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chuggroni,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on the path. Shanti is giving very good advice to self-pace and possibly start with deep meditation and spinal breathing if you haven't, in order to create inner silence and balance of the moving energies in the system.

Self-pacing, how it is applied in moderating practices to alleviate symptoms, can be a very individual thing. In other words, an individual who wants a very smooth ride with very light purification symptoms needs to moderate practices more than someone who is hungry for progress and is ready to accept some uncomfortable symptoms. (This will work up to a point where the process may take over by itself, then we will just have to ride with it the best we can, but still using appropriate practices.) But all symptoms are caused by energy moving through impurities in the nervous system, and will eventually smooth out by themselves as the impurities clear (as you have found for some parts of your system). And where and how the symptoms will appear in the system will be different for every person. So therefore it can't be predicted exactly what may be experienced in your case either.

In my own case, I have had pressure in the head for about 9 months, sometimes uncomfortable, especially at night and when going to bed, but not excessive, so I have just continued with the same practices. And crown activity is likely to occur spontaneously at some point even with no intentional work on the crown. My crown pulsations has been going on for about 6 months and are subsiding now, together with the head pressure, with no change in practices. It's a relief. It seems that they are somehow still going on, but that the tissue has adapted to create less friction. Please note that I have not done any intentional work on the crown, but rather as Shanti advises, we better stay away until much later stages as is described in the AYP lessons.

Wishing you good luck with your practices!

Edited by - weaver on Aug 19 2006 01:07:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

chuggroni

6 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  5:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit chuggroni's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Weaver and Shanti,

Since I had the first experiences of 'purification' I had a real hard time dealing with normal life things, work, school, family ect. almost exclusively because of the fear of telepathy, for example my behind would just be on fire for days at a time and no one would seem to enjoy being around me (I sure wouldn't). I didn't mention that I'm only 19, so don't have the experience that I'm sure many of you do. Because of the problems it caused me I joined a month long dathun/retreat thinking I could 'get away from it all' and get back to the basics of meditation. A couple of weeks in I decided 7 hours a day every day on a cushion probably wasn't the best solution. Right now I probably do 5 mins. pranayama and 20 mins. deep meditation three times a day. The deep meditation is difficult because of all the activity in my head.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  6:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chuggroni,
If you ask me twice a day meditation is enough for now my dear. Esp. since you have so much purification going on. I am glad to hear you are following AYP. It may help to start off by cutting down your practice to twice a day.. if the pressure does not decrease with that.. then cut meditation time down to 15 min. You have to play around with your time till you come to a point that makes you feel comfortable. Once you are stable.. then slowly move your practice back to what it is today.. although.. I don't think you really need to go back to 3 times yet.. Your regular life should be smooth.. that is a sign you are doing things right... and that is something that will make you want to go ahead in your path with out getting burnt out...
You are just 19.. years ahead of you.. take it easy.. like Yogani says.. in lesson#226
quote:
Stable long-term daily practice is the key to enlightenment. The
journey is more like a marathon than a sprint. With right practices
and good self-pacing it can be a pretty fast marathon!

I know it is hard to self pace.. I still try to push myself more than I can handle.. and pay the price..
Wish you all the best for a smooth ride...
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  8:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Andrew,
Glad to see your posts here on the forum. I am just a boy myself at 20 years of age. I can relate to what you wrote in your posts.
Just wanted to say hello and I hope that you benefit greatly from the advice and lessons here on the AYP site.

Much love to you brother,
Hunter

Edited by - Hunter on Aug 19 2006 9:37:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000