Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 anyone here who breathes consciously every waking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sweetair

Egypt
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  03:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
anyone here who breathes consciously every waking time? if yes for how long, i hope i am not alone

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  4:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sweetair
I think you may need to rephrase your question. I don't quite understand it. I suspect other people in the forum might be in the same position.
So it's something about the way you breathe when you wake up. Is this conscious breathing a technique you are applying voluntarily or something that happens spontaneously?
Go to Top of Page

sweetair

Egypt
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  06:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i apply it voulutarily ,
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  07:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What are you trying to achive by it?
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  2:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, sweetair.

Are you describing a mindfulness practice? Can you tell us more about it?

Go to Top of Page

sweetair

Egypt
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  02:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't know if it can be considered as a mindfulness practice, but i got a lot of benefits from it, doing it for more than a year continuously learning what to do and not what to do with the breath , i have no specific goals, i just do it cause i feel like doing it
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2014 :  5:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sweetair, do you mean "breathe consciously every time you wake up in the a.m.," OR do you mean, "breathe consciously every waking moment," i.e., like "remembering the Beloved with every breath"??
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2014 :  12:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i don't know if it can be considered as a mindfulness practice, but i got a lot of benefits from it, doing it for more than a year continuously learning what to do and not what to do with the breath , i have no specific goals, i just do it cause i feel like doing it

Thank you for responding, sweetair! Here, for those of us doing the normal course of AYP practices, we do not focus on the breath specifically in the way you're describing. There is a practice done called Spinal Breathing Pranayama that is added on after the practice of Deep Meditation is established. Is that what you're curious about, or were you wondering if anyone else here does other kinds of breath practices?

Edited by - Zanyan on Jul 07 2014 01:26:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  07:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Sweetair
Your conscious breathing thechinque seems similar to Yogani's meditation focusing on breath (http://www.aypsite.org/367.html Bottom of the page "Replacing the Mantra with Breath as the Object of Meditation")
You're asking for how long - well if you really focus on the breath and nothing else, I would say it has to be subject to self-pacing like any other form of meditation. So no longer than 20 minutes at a time, no more than twice a day. Of course if you deploy this technique whenever you get the opportunity throughout the day, it will be a bit more difficult to self-pace.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 08 2014 08:22:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think itd be more interesting to meet someone who is always running off of prana, who need not take a breath. can a body even hold onto such a soul? can the highest state of samadhi be brought into waking life?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000