Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Separating Orgasm form Ejaculation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2014 :  6:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been reading lately in a number of places that it is possible to have an orgasm without ejaculation. I have never been able to achieve this. Has anyone done so?

Is this different from the AYP idea of staying preorgasmic?

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  11:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can tell you about my experience, hope it may help you somehow.

The question is: how can we (males) say we had an orgasm if there was no ejaculation? What do we feel in this “tantric orgasm” and how does it compare with our “normal”, pre-tantric, ejaculatory orgasms?

My feeling is, definitely, that “tantric orgasm” is far, far more enjoyable than classic ejaculatory orgasm. Essentially, what I feel is the same kind of “flow” one feels when ejaculating, but not as a few bursts and you’re done, but as a continuous flow that can go on for many minutes (the limit seems to be my physical resistance).

And, besides duration, there is intensity. Focusing the full attention in this flow (and this is a very easy and friendly “meditation object”), I learned that the trick is not forcing anything to flow, but just surrendering. It is like having an unknown sphincter, so firmly closed that you didn’t even know that you had it, and slowly you learn how to relax it. And the more you relax, the stronger is the flow (and the pleasure).

And now a disclaimer: my partner and I came into this by accident, and not by following any program of exercises as defined here at AYP or somewhere else (i.e. sitting practices, pranayama, etc.). So I cannot tell you of any technique we used in order to reach the first, illuminating, “orgasm without ejaculation”.

Best wishes,
Juan
Go to Top of Page

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  1:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate hearing about your experience, Juan.

It makes me think that perhaps I am trying too hard.

You said that it more like a flow than bursts, but I am wondering whether there is anything comparable to the contractions that occur with ejaculation.

There have been times during meditation when I have had something that sounds similar, but never during sex. At those times I have occasionally felt what seemed similar to the contractions that accompany ordinary orgasms.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2014 :  4:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also came upon the non-ejaculatory orgasm fairly spontaneously, but after many decades of regular meditation practices. I'd been trained as a teacher of Transcendental Meditation (TM), and lived in an ashram for two years during that training, 1974-1976. I was also taught some advanced techniques by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Ten years ago, during the several months that my late wife was extremely ill, I became celibate and subsequently experienced a spontaneous kundalini awakening of relative comfort and ease, due, I feel, to my then 30 years of meditation and my time being celibate. My ability to have non- ejaculatory orgasms has simply flowed from that beginning. They often are of the "full-body" type, not centered in the genitals, and can also last for a long time. I sometimes will have contractions, sometimes not, and I'd have to say that probably 3 out of 5 orgasms are of this non-ejaculatory variety. I can and will still occasionally ejaculate, but that no longer seems the goal of sex. I enjoy both types differently but equally.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2014 :  8:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can ejaculate inwardly, either involuntarily, or voluntarily. It's called vajroli mudra:
http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html
"Real vajroli is not only about retaining semen during ejaculation, though this is what gets all the press coverage. With inner silence and ecstatic conductivity (kundalini) coming up in the nervous system, there is a constant release of semen at the root, and constant absorption up into the bladder, and beyond. Then inner lovemaking never stops. The bladder has a higher function, which is processing the energy upward into the higher neuro-biology. Spiritual biology happens in the GI tract also, and is very noticeable once kundalini is moving significantly -- a mixing of air, food, and sexual essences. It can be traced from the GI tract up into the head, and back down into the GI tract again in the form of nectar."

This rings very true in my experience, and I might add that the real trick is allowing your body to express that orgasmic ecstasy in creative ways beyond sex. That's when the divine love is flowing--when the cellular vibration is now sending us perpetual bliss signals that will direct our behavior accordingly. There are many, many ways to let the outpouring occur. I've fallen into playing music in the past few years since having a big kundalini blast, followed by the subsequent discovery of AYP practices.

Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  05:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I can and will still occasionally ejaculate, but that no longer seems the goal of sex. I enjoy both types differently but equally.

Absolutely agree, but in my case the duration and intensity of non-ejaculatory orgasm make it a hands-down winner.
quote:
That's when the divine love is flowing--when the cellular vibration is now sending us perpetual bliss signals that will direct our behavior accordingly.

These inner experiences are quite difficult to express, so I am not sure if we are speaking about the same feeling.

From my utter ignorance on these issues, the “conceptual model” that better fits into my experience is that, somehow, the non-ejaculatory orgasm and the energy flows that I feel along my spine, traversing my chakras and flooding all my body (cellular vibration?) when I relax, are made of very similar stuff. In fact, they reinforce each other, so the more ability I get to focus and amplify the intensity of the “orgasm”, the more intense is the next “chakra opening”, and this in turn makes the next “orgasm” bigger, and so on.

This is the stage of the journey where my partner and I are right now. Maybe it’s just scenery, but it changes every day, so we think we are moving, somehow. And wondering where this will lead!
Go to Top of Page

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  10:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is interesting to hear that it happened for you spontaneously too, mikkiji. It seems that such events can only happen in that way.

After reading all the tantra discussion at AYP, I started reading many of Mantak Chia's books. The two seem similar but sometimes the terminology differences can cause some confusion. I decided to go back and reread Yogani's short Tantra book the other day. He states that "genital orgasms" without ejaculation are difficult to achieve. That got me thinking about the difference between genital and full body orgasms. It seems than it is easier to have a full body orgasm during meditation and a genital one during sex, but the key seems to be to meld the two.

Bodhi Tree, your comment that "real trick is allowing your body to express that orgasmic ecstasy in creative ways beyond sex" is an interesting one. But, I must not be that evolved. I still am focused on the prospect of achieving more intense physical pleasure.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  3:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's been prolonged periods where I'm just sitting at my desk, writing, or answering phone calls, and my whole body is vibrating with an ever-so-subtle vibration of Being, and that is felt on a cellular level. That sensation is orgasmic in quality, because it feels like every fiber of my body is coming, so to speak.

There's also been plenty of times when I've had the genital orgasm without ejaculating. Again, that is vajroli mudra (which is kind of like the blocking method but without using your hand to block the perineum). Instead, it's a very subtle muscular contraction.

The biggest ways that I've strayed from ecstatic bliss is when I think I can covet and hold onto the sensations like a possession. It's only when I'm going with the flow that I get to enjoy the symptoms and scenery. For me, it's all about character development. Becoming the character. Letting God shape me. Achieving optimal functionality--just because that is the design; that is the evolutionary imperative. It exists even without my vision (ishta), but my personal vision (ishta) can nevertheless accentuate and accelerate what is already occurring. And on that note, that's all AYP practices do--give a boost to a phenemonon that was set in motion a long time ago.

So, I think the physicality merges with the spirituality, and once the physical pleasure is so heightened from the invisible source of Spirit, then it's a no-brainer as to where to chase for more. Every time I've tried to cling to and identify a physical object (especially a woman's body) as the source of ecstatic bliss, I've failed miserably (which has been many times--old habits die hard). Every time I've directly realized and perceived that ecstatic bliss is everywhere, nowhere, and boundless, I've got to ride that enlightenment bandwidth to a deeper place. The formula is simple.

Godspeed!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  10:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that the AYP approach has generated my "Inner Winds", coupled with resting attention within arousal, staying preorgasmic and "drawing up", it feels like champagne bubbles filling the shishuma with wave after wave of pleasure. As Bodhi implied, it's more about surrendering and flowing, and less about grasping and forcing.
Go to Top of Page

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  09:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a challenge to not want to make "the pleasant scenery" last, but you are right, Bodhi Tree, that when you do hold on too tight, that's when it slips away.

I have been doing TM for many years now and there have been very few occasions when I was not ready to stop after the 20 minute period was up. But about a month ago I began having such intensely pleasurable feelings that the meditations went on much longer. Then it stopped and my meditation was back to the usual.

Yesterday those intense feelings returned--even better. Fully body orgasms seems like a good way to describe the feeling. Since we have chosen scenery as our metaphor, I would describe such scenery as "breath-taking". It is hard to not want to hold on to it forever. One thing I noticed when these strong currents start to ascend is that there is a natural tendency to want to tense up, but the more you can relax, the more it keeps flowing.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  8:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kriyaboy

Yesterday those intense feelings returned--even better. Fully body orgasms seems like a good way to describe the feeling. Since we have chosen scenery as our metaphor, I would describe such scenery as "breath-taking". It is hard to not want to hold on to it forever. One thing I noticed when these strong currents start to ascend is that there is a natural tendency to want to tense up, but the more you can relax, the more it keeps flowing.

Nice! Thank you for reporting the details, and for starting the thread. Fortunately, this forum is a great place to talk about the ecstatic side of our journey. Peace be with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000