Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Help- Seeing Slashing the deceased?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guardian4981

USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 22 2014 :  4:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

My uncle passed away 7 years ago from brain cancer. He was the only one I was close to in my life. He comes up frequently in my meditations, activities we did, seeing him laying dead on the bed, etc.

Last night I had a vision of me slashing him and blood all over along with shaking him uncontrollably! I know that in meditation we are supposed to allow and not resist the thoughts that come up. But I am thoroughly ashamed of this. My uncle never did me harm so I do not think its me being angry with him for anything he did. But why is this happening?

One idea is that losing him has caused me so much pain maybe the slashing represents me trying to extenguish his memory from my mind?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  07:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are two answers:

The first one is that meditation can bring up unresolved internal conflict. You are brushing up the dirt of negative emotion. Yet this is just scenery. I had many of these which even now I would prefer to keep to myself

You have taken your own advice here and simply allowed the thoughts to come up without accepting or rejecting them and then back to the mantra when comfortable to do so.

The second is the discomfort you feel around the images and the feelings of guilt that arise.

Are you feeling angry because your uncle left you alone and guilty because you think you should not feel this way about someone you love ?
Go to Top of Page

Guardian4981

USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  09:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

There are two answers:

Are you feeling angry because your uncle left you alone and guilty because you think you should not feel this way about someone you love ?

Yes, I think you hit home with this comment. Very sad truth there...

Edited by - Guardian4981 on May 23 2014 09:45:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  11:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian4981

quote:
Originally posted by karl

There are two answers:

Yes, I think you hit home with this comment. Very sad truth there...

Its grief and if you ignored the emotions at the time of your uncles death then they lie unresolved. Meditation is particularly effective at opening up these emotional stores. If you carry on meditating and allowing the images to come then after a time you will resolve it.

Look through the sadness, entertain it fully and you will discover something important about yourself and the love that abides there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000