Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini and Alcohol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chhinnamasta

USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  1:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chhinnamasta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I did my routine of yoga class on the beach. Afterwards,i did a meditation at home. For the past week or so I've felt some energy in the heart center. My heart has been closed and I can feel that center opening. It felt expansive and love radiating.

So, I haven't been drinking because I'm not a big drinker. I prefer sober and yoga and meditation. But today, there was so much ecstasy and I felt so high and light that I though it would be a good time for a glass of wine.

But the wine seemed to... Like... Put out the fire that was rising. The chest and heart area got kind of numb. I felt relaxed which is fine, but not lifted and energized like I was before the glass.

Has this happened to anyone? Why does alcohol do this? I think i have no desire to drink anymore. Any similar experiences or advice. Please.

To be honest, I don't even know if what I've been experience is kundalini. I just feel a fire or energy. It brings clarity and calm (once it caused panic). That's what I Like

Thanks!

Edited by - Chhinnamasta on May 18 2014 1:48:17 PM

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  5:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do what you feel. Alcohol is neither good or bad.

It has specific effects on the nervous system, they might be advantageous sometimes and not others. It definitely puts the kibosh on rising ecstasy.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  6:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. The nervous system is the doorway to the Infinite. Therefore, it makes sense that an artificial tweaking of the delicate circuitry would not be conducive to a natural flow of ecstasy through the channels. It's kind of like banging a hammer on computer hardware and wondering why the software doesn't work. Tried that for many years, and glad to be free of it.

Sounds like you're already way ahead of the curve if the natural pleasure you're feeling is dampened by the artifice of alcohol. Alcohol is only pleasurable when we're at a low level of consciousness. At higher levels of consciousness, the sensory effect is dissatisfactory, as you describe.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  3:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I'm experiencing similar lately. I can normally drink pretty heavily without much downside. But lately it just feels heavy in my body, like tamasic sludge coursing through my bloodstream and brain cells.

I say welcome the change and enjoy the ride!

Anti-Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000