Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 What's happening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PureAwareness

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  7:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I will start by saying that before this, I have ignored all aspects of practice that work to cultivate "life force" or "prana" simply because I believed this was just "consciousness" in my own paradigm, and that there was no "special energy" that manifested itself physically - everything was that special energy. In other words, I didn't really believe in it. If the way I speak about prana is ignorant, it's because I am ignorant about it - I've never really looked into energy work in any of my spiritual practices.

But now I'm thinking there is possibly something to it. Recently, I have begun to feel tingling and heat, extremely pleasant, during meditation, any time I relax, and any time I bring my awareness into the present moment - aka become mindful. It isn't an effortful mindfulness, it is effortless presence. When I do this, almost instantly I feel heat and tingling in the back of my head, forehead, perineum, legs, and feet. It grows in intensity the longer I stay this way. Sometimes it slowly dies back down, sometimes it climaxes and then decreases a little more rapidly until it starts out again. It also can randomly happen during the day. I was surfing the web trying to find out if someone has had this experience, and I found one account of it on a forum, and others had called it an experience of prana. I'm still skeptical about the validity of prana, sometimes called chi or ki, but I cannot just ignore this experience, so I'm looking for any insights from more experienced practitioners… Thanks in advance

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  08:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like good things are happening.
You may have talked about your practice routine in some other posts that I may have missed, but if you are not doing any pranayama... maybe think of adding spinal breathing to your routine just before Deep Meditation.

Wish you all the best!!!

Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  10:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I felt it the way you described when I was 17 years old (13 years ago) without even knowing what meditation was about after a strong urge to close my eyes and sit. I had never studied anything about it nor about spirituality in general. Only recently I realised it was Prana.

Today I not only feel what you've just described but I'm also powerfully sensitive to where the Chakras are located. The tingling and "pressure" (sometimes) occurs roughly all the time and it is so common that I just take it for granted.

A possible explanation might be that as you remove the more gross layers of "dirt" you become more sensitive to what is going on in your astral body.

quote:
Originally posted by PureAwareness

I will start by saying that before this, I have ignored all aspects of practice that work to cultivate "life force" or "prana" simply because I believed this was just "consciousness" in my own paradigm, and that there was no "special energy" that manifested itself physically - everything was that special energy. In other words, I didn't really believe in it. If the way I speak about prana is ignorant, it's because I am ignorant about it - I've never really looked into energy work in any of my spiritual practices.

But now I'm thinking there is possibly something to it. Recently, I have begun to feel tingling and heat, extremely pleasant, during meditation, any time I relax, and any time I bring my awareness into the present moment - aka become mindful. It isn't an effortful mindfulness, it is effortless presence. When I do this, almost instantly I feel heat and tingling in the back of my head, forehead, perineum, legs, and feet. It grows in intensity the longer I stay this way. Sometimes it slowly dies back down, sometimes it climaxes and then decreases a little more rapidly until it starts out again. It also can randomly happen during the day. I was surfing the web trying to find out if someone has had this experience, and I found one account of it on a forum, and others had called it an experience of prana. I'm still skeptical about the validity of prana, sometimes called chi or ki, but I cannot just ignore this experience, so I'm looking for any insights from more experienced practitioners… Thanks in advance

Edited by - digofarias on Mar 24 2014 10:30:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  11:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PureAwareness, your message really resonates with me! Actually, I never ever thought about energies or spirituality for 40 years. Only after beginning with yoga I read about it in yoga books, but even then I thought this was only weird mythology from the East, and I considered yoga only on the physical level (and enjoyed it very much). And then it happened: for a misterious reason I felt attracted by meditation, and from the very beginning in meditation a lot of energy manifested automatically in a very physical way. And it became obvious to me that this definetly was not mythology at all!! And do you know what? I feel much comfortable now, like if old fears of a hidden world have just faded. I still don't know where this yoga path is leading me, but I trust it and experience peace.
Go to Top of Page

PureAwareness

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  3:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your responses! I'm glad others have experienced this then, and I can be confident that what I am feeling is, indeed, prana.

I incorporated spinal breathing into my practice this morning for the first time. I've been meditating for a very long time, and I should clarify, believe it has incredible spiritual benefits APART from the energy aspect that up until now, I regarded as "mythology" as Ecdyonurus put it. To the point, the spinal breathing pranayama definitely brought these sensations previously described and intensified them. The pranayama seemed to allow that feeling not only to intensify at the base of my spine, but slowly the intensity climbed my spinal nerve, though did not climb it very high before my time was up. I suspect with continued practice, over time, this energy will climb higher and higher until finally it reaches the top.

Another question, there are many energy practices out there that focus on USING this energy, such as chi-kung, and feel free to correct me because as I said, I am fairly ignorant of the details of the energy practices, but it seems like chi and prana are different names for the same thing. This would lead me to believe that this energy can be used and directed, with that a lot of practical applications open up. Are there any practices taught in AYP that allow one to train and use energy for practices such as healing?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  7:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use the energy in asanas to attain "full expression" of the pose, which has increased the stamina to do so. In the everyday moment, especially when interacting with someone, I direct the energy to put a smile on my face and radiate the grace and love I feel in my being!

Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  10:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes sir,

You can use it to healing. I use it usually to heal minor stuff in my body but I've used it once to reduce an extreme back pain in my wife to the level she was able to sleep (it took me around 30 minutes). I believe if I had the chance to regularly use it in my wife's back she'd be completely healed in a few days.

You just need to move the energy out of your palms to where you want to heal. With practice you'll be able to sense when a place needs healing and when the healing is done.

Rod

quote:

Thank you all for your responses! I'm glad others have experienced this then, and I can be confident that what I am feeling is, indeed, prana.

I incorporated spinal breathing into my practice this morning for the first time. I've been meditating for a very long time, and I should clarify, believe it has incredible spiritual benefits APART from the energy aspect that up until now, I regarded as "mythology" as Ecdyonurus put it. To the point, the spinal breathing pranayama definitely brought these sensations previously described and intensified them. The pranayama seemed to allow that feeling not only to intensify at the base of my spine, but slowly the intensity climbed my spinal nerve, though did not climb it very high before my time was up. I suspect with continued practice, over time, this energy will climb higher and higher until finally it reaches the top.

Another question, there are many energy practices out there that focus on USING this energy, such as chi-kung, and feel free to correct me because as I said, I am fairly ignorant of the details of the energy practices, but it seems like chi and prana are different names for the same thing. This would lead me to believe that this energy can be used and directed, with that a lot of practical applications open up. Are there any practices taught in AYP that allow one to train and use energy for practices such as healing?

Edited by - digofarias on Mar 25 2014 2:05:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

cleveryoga

India
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2014 :  08:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
Yoga and Meditation can help all of us.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  10:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
actually its all prana. god is static prana,
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  11:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pranayama is off. The. Chain. I second Shantis rec to do SPB before meditation.

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  10:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, you are really, really missing out if you don't add in SBP.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  6:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Short answer is no. AYP has one goal. Realization of the self. We do have a little Tantra involvement but it is part of who we are and contributes to the realization of your true Self.

Yogani does recommend Tai Chi. Many have found it very grounding and a betterment to there life. Anything else would really become a practice onto itself. For instance Reiki is a practice that works with prana/chi but practicing Reiki and AYP would lead to overloading.

I am sure there are many other practices that use prana. The point is that AYP is the real deal. Adding anything to it without a lot of experience is asking for trouble.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000