Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A beginning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  01:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have always seemed to struggle with consistency when it came to regular practice. I *wanted* to meditate regularly, but it seemed to be such a struggle. Not always, but enough of the time that I would skip a session here, another there and then finally stop altogether. Until I picked it up again further down the road.

Looking back, I can see why this was a recurring habit with me. I believe I was too forceful in my approach, my thoughts too "hard", my energy too dense. This led to a lack of results which turned into dismay and an eventual falling off.

Since taking up the AYP practices about a month ago, I've missed very few practice sessions and the results are becoming more and more noticeable. I am more at peace, more consciously aware, and I think I can safely say I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. I've always struggled with mild social anxiety, so that last benefit is a big win for me.

Within the practices themselves, I'm noticing progress as well. In the meditation, my thoughts are becoming softer, lighter and I seem to be straying away from the mantra less frequently.

In SBP, I feel just the faintest trace of heat coupled with a mild tingly sensation. When I say faint, I mean to the extent that I wonder if it's my imagination or wishful thinking that's responsible for what I may (or may not) be feeling. But I understand that's a normal part of the process, so I don't let that discourage me in the least.

And finally, in my asana practice, I'm becoming more and more flexible and am finding the exercises more blissful as well.

Rarely in the past have I looked forward to my spiritual practice sessions, but this has finally changed. I look forward to what's to come in the near future as well as years from now.

Thank you Yogani for the gift of AYP.

Greg

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  08:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  12:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I Greg - same story for me!

The AYP approach seems to fit into my daily schedule very well - I do not have to fight anymore with myself or with my family to find time, space and energy for practice.

When I get hooked by something (it may be yoga, music or a new project, it doesn't matter) I have strong desire and passion, so I am at high risk to overdo and create conflicts with myself and other people if I engage in something very time and energy demanding, or something that creates big expectations.

Even in yoga, before AYP, I had developed similar problem. Actually, there was even a certain degree of "fight" in my yoga, wich may have killed my yoga practice had I not switched to AYP in november last year.

I sit twice a day for 30 minutes including SBP, DM and rest. At other times I do asanas (class or at home). No huge expactations anymore, just simple basic practice - which may be the major improvement compared to my former daily yoga routine.
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  4:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Greg,

Congratulations on your progress. Could you tell me how long is your DM and SBP sessions?

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by GregM

I have always seemed to struggle with consistency when it came to regular practice. I *wanted* to meditate regularly, but it seemed to be such a struggle. Not always, but enough of the time that I would skip a session here, another there and then finally stop altogether. Until I picked it up again further down the road.

Looking back, I can see why this was a recurring habit with me. I believe I was too forceful in my approach, my thoughts too "hard", my energy too dense. This led to a lack of results which turned into dismay and an eventual falling off.

Since taking up the AYP practices about a month ago, I've missed very few practice sessions and the results are becoming more and more noticeable. I am more at peace, more consciously aware, and I think I can safely say I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. I've always struggled with mild social anxiety, so that last benefit is a big win for me.

Within the practices themselves, I'm noticing progress as well. In the meditation, my thoughts are becoming softer, lighter and I seem to be straying away from the mantra less frequently.

In SBP, I feel just the faintest trace of heat coupled with a mild tingly sensation. When I say faint, I mean to the extent that I wonder if it's my imagination or wishful thinking that's responsible for what I may (or may not) be feeling. But I understand that's a normal part of the process, so I don't let that discourage me in the least.

And finally, in my asana practice, I'm becoming more and more flexible and am finding the exercises more blissful as well.

Rarely in the past have I looked forward to my spiritual practice sessions, but this has finally changed. I look forward to what's to come in the near future as well as years from now.

Thank you Yogani for the gift of AYP.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  5:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like good things are happening at your end. Keep it up.

When on some days I don't end up doing the practice even once, I just do 2-3 SBP breaths during work (sometimes more than once) and that helps in continuance of the practice. It's very much possible to take out 2 minutes in almost all jobs, all kinds of work.
Go to Top of Page

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  12:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by digofarias

Could you tell me how long is your DM and SBP sessions?

Hi Digo,

I recently increased the length of my SBP session from 5 minutes to 10. I hadn't noticed much in terms of energy movements before doing so. This increase has seemed to make a significant difference.

For my DM, I'm at the minimal suggested time of 20 minutes as I still struggle with monkey mind. I tend to be a very cerebral person (I live in my head), so I think this makes achieving stillness a little more of a challenge for me. With continued practice (not to mention patience), I'm sure I'll get there. :)

Greg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000